LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Kind of surprised at how people are freaking out over the cowboys loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
True the bright side is we were competitive and led the whole game. In years past there is no way the game would have played out that way. We would have been down by 14 by the end of the first quarter, playing catch up the whole game. The opposing defense t'ing off on Smith until he threw a pick or two. Coach Sing wouldnt of even had to make the decision to take the points or first down because he would have not gotten the play in time causing a delay of game.This forcing us out of field goal range. I could go on and on and on. Things are looking up over all the team played very well. Keep your head up and have faith.

Exactly, the team overall looks better and the coaching looks better than the media is jumping on the team for. The team isnt getting outcoached or losing the games on bone headed mistakes or game mismanagement. It is our personnel getting beaten on their matchups against the other teams personnel. Unfortunately its the areas that are crucial to holding onto a lead... like the secondary that lost their battles or the pass rush that cant get there in time.

No drives stalled because of a delay of game, fumbles, costly interceptions etc. (since alex was directly responsible for turning a bad snap into a 1 yard td run his int gets netted out in my book). Just players who were in position to make the play, not having the talent to make the play. This roster is still a draft or two away to be considered talented outside of the NFC west.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Exactly, the team overall looks better and the coaching looks better than the media is jumping on the team for. The team isnt getting outcoached or losing the games on bone headed mistakes or game mismanagement. It is our personnel getting beaten on their matchups against the other teams personnel. Unfortunately its the areas that are crucial to holding onto a lead... like the secondary that lost their battles or the pass rush that cant get there in time.

No drives stalled because of a delay of game, fumbles, costly interceptions etc. (since alex was directly responsible for turning a bad snap into a 1 yard td run his int gets netted out in my book). Just players who were in position to make the play, not having the talent to make the play. This roster is still a draft or two away to be considered talented outside of the NFC west.
Yes possibly a draft away. However we are only 2 weeks into the season and everyone knew that we would start slow because of the lockout. I think if the open it up more ie spread the field score more points. This will inturn keep the defense off the field so they wont break down toward the end of the game like they did yesterday. I think our secondary is better than it has been in years, talent wise. If they can put it together which usually takes time we will have less big mistakes.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i guess i will settle for 15-1 then

That is crap if we end up 14-2 it will be because of Alex's horrible play, our crappy primitive play calling and the Yorks!
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm not freaking out I expected us to lose the cowboy game. In fact I'm actually surprised it was even that close.

This. I really thought we would get owned in this game. What I want to see is this team getting off the mat and winning on the road next week in Cinci. If we can do that we may have something here. You are going to lose close games, it happens. Teams that respond well are the teams that make the playoffs.
I just want improvement every week. Beat the bad teams and be competitive with the good ones and see if the breaks start tome come our way. I don't expect worst to first...other than possibly within the division, and that's more of a hope than expectation. Some folks here seem to think like magic we should be the Pats over night. 7 years is not erased in two months.
Guess we all should just take a collective deep breath and just understand that any team has to have its growing pains and ours was a 3pt loss in OT not to bad for a pain i think
Originally posted by ninerfan29:
Guess we all should just take a collective deep breath and just understand that any team has to have its growing pains and ours was a 3pt loss in OT not to bad for a pain i think

You're right, Three huge mistakes that turned into big plays and one coaching blunder.

We weren't playing our best and it took OT to beat us.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Heard sth about that Romo had a damaged lunge b/c of the broken rib...Let the hype begin.

Yeh they obviously didnt watch the game and see him wince like a 10 yr old girl before he was about to be hit during just about every play. I am talking about before he got his "rib" not "ribs" cracked to. He looked like he was going to give up. I would bet that J.Jones said to him at some point get your A$$ back out there and be a man. JMO
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
welcome to the webzone...its like this after EVERY loss

people here freak out after a win.
People are freaking out because people thought we were passed the days of coaching costing us games.

Not saying this loss was 100% Harbaughs fault. But there were some questionable decisions, extremely conservative playcalling, and were completely outcoached from halftime on.

Not saying I am freaking out, but thats why some are.

Originally posted by susweel:
I'm not freaking out I expected us to lose the cowboy game. In fact I'm actually surprised it was even that close.

Yep. If we make it out of the first month of the season at 2-2 we're in really good shape.
I think fans are just tired of losing and expected Harbaugh to usher in an era of high octane offense, instead it looks like more of the same the first two games. I'm not saying that's reality, just the perception and frustration from the average fan.

The only thing I'm pissed about is not only did we manage to lose the game, we also found a way to make Tony Homo a hero as well as make another NFL highlight (Austin over Williams, Big time OT play) that will probably be played over and over for the rest of the year.

I'm depressed....
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 19, 2011 at 6:07 PM ]
I was more so disappointed at some coaching/play/crowd. Just generally a bad day. I still love this team and am excited about the rest of the season!

CHITOWNNINERFAN
  • Veteran
We are just bunch of drama queen's.
I'm not dissapointed with losing to the Cowboys.

I'm dissapointed how we lost. How we had a chance to get a big win, start out 2-0, and let the game slip through our fingers. I question some of the decisions of our coaching staff, I question Whitner who bit so hard on play action in OT it was embarassing, I question another poor performance in the run game.

On the upside, Andy Lee looks awesome and our front 7 look awesome. But both were expected. Actually ST in general looks much improved from last year. But we can't pass (or refuse to do so) and we can't defend the pass.
Share 49ersWebzone