LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Kind of surprised at how people are freaking out over the cowboys loss

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seriously, people are saying Harbaugh is reincarnation of Singletary, our QB play is garbage despite a 95 passer rating so far, our defense sucks, etc. I know it was a heart breaking loss and all, but 70% of the people in this forum expected 7-9 or worse before the season started. Harbaugh is a rookie coach in the NFL, trying to salvage a beat up QB's career, with a very young OLine and had to deal with his 2 best WRs being out. Our secondary sucked but they are missing half of their starters. When Spencer gets back in the starting line up I think our pass defense gets a lot better. We'll finally have 2 solid starting CBs, who arent great shut down corners like Revis but both are solid players. Goldson takes way better angles and has more athleticism than Williams, and hits a lot harder too.

Harbaugh is not singletarian at all, you guys are missing the game within the game. Are we running the ball a lot still? Yeah, but we are running outside more, and our passing game is already better looking. We've managed to cut down on the INTs and fumbles. On some of those passing plays, like the TD to Delanie, we were more creative than at any point last year. We were able to get a match up we wanted, clear it out, and exploit it. Raye/MJohnson never managed to do that. On that play I believe we had Vernon running a post and he was doubled I believe, clearing out the sideline for Delanie who Anthony Spencer obviously couldn't cover. Alex is a lot more accurate than last year, where he mainly threw passes over the middle and checkdowns. So far he's hitting sideline routes like intermediate outs that we have rarely seen him complete in the past, and he turned what could've easily been a TO into a touchdown but throwing the ball down field to Gore in the end zone after the bad pass. That pass was perfect and required quite a bit of improvisation, if it weren't for the PI by the beaten LB that's a TD and his stats look like 230 yards and 3 TDs.

Yeah we haven't had very many quick slants, we havent had too many throws down field, etc. But this is only the 2nd game in the WCO, against a very goood defense with the best pass rusher in the game and a cagey Defensive Coordinator. People are acting like we lost by 30 and got totally owned. but missing a number of our key players we were able to take a very good team to OT. That in and of itself is a big step from last year.
I don't think we are freaking out, just mad that we let a win slip away, by playing crappy defense, and playing singltarian offense.

btw didn't read more than the first sentence, lol.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Seriously, people are saying Harbaugh is reincarnation of Singletary, our QB play is garbage despite a 95 passer rating so far, our defense sucks, etc. I know it was a heart breaking loss and all, but 70% of the people in this forum expected 7-9 or worse before the season started. Harbaugh is a rookie coach in the NFL, trying to salvage a beat up QB's career, with a very young OLine and had to deal with his 2 best WRs being out. Our secondary sucked but they are missing half of their starters. When Spencer gets back in the starting line up I think our pass defense gets a lot better. We'll finally have 2 solid starting CBs, who arent great shut down corners like Revis but both are solid players. Goldson takes way better angles and has more athleticism than Williams, and hits a lot harder too.

Harbaugh is not singletarian at all, you guys are missing the game within the game. Are we running the ball a lot still? Yeah, but we are running outside more, and our passing game is already better looking. We've managed to cut down on the INTs and fumbles. On some of those passing plays, like the TD to Delanie, we were more creative than at any point last year. We were able to get a match up we wanted, clear it out, and exploit it. Raye/MJohnson never managed to do that. On that play I believe we had Vernon running a post and he was doubled I believe, clearing out the sideline for Delanie who Anthony Spencer obviously couldn't cover. Alex is a lot more accurate than last year, where he mainly threw passes over the middle and checkdowns. So far he's hitting sideline routes like intermediate outs that we have rarely seen him complete in the past, and he turned what could've easily been a TO into a touchdown but throwing the ball down field to Gore in the end zone after the bad pass. That pass was perfect and required quite a bit of improvisation, if it weren't for the PI by the beaten LB that's a TD and his stats look like 230 yards and 3 TDs.

Yeah we haven't had very many quick slants, we havent had too many throws down field, etc. But this is only the 2nd game in the WCO, against a very goood defense with the best pass rusher in the game and a cagey Defensive Coordinator. People are acting like we lost by 30 and got totally owned. but missing a number of our key players we were able to take a very good team to OT. That in and of itself is a big step from last year.

I'm surprised everyone is disappointed over an overtime loss to a potential playoff team. How many people had us beating the Cowboys at home? If we lose next week, I'll start to worry.
Originally posted by Nuns:
I'm surprised everyone is disappointed over an overtime loss to a potential playoff team. How many people had us beating the Cowboys at home? If we lose next week, I'll start to worry.

We need to win next week, because doesn't our schedule get harder after that? i'd hate to end up like 1-5 all of a sudden.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm not freaking out I expected us to lose the cowboy game. In fact I'm actually surprised it was even that close.
I'm over it. Move on to the next, and try to kick the Bungles asses.
welcome to the webzone...its like this after EVERY loss
People are freaking out because we were up by 10 points in the 4th quarter and lost the game. Had we lost 30-10 there would be less venom being spewed out by fans and the media. That's just the way it is. People focus more on the negatives after a close loss, it's emotionally draining.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Not true, last year people wanted more losses, so Alex would be gone, and so we could draft luck. They were mad when we actually won.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Not true, last year people wanted more losses, so Alex would be gone, and so we could draft luck. They were mad when we actually won.

ok, then in the begining of the year its like this

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'm over it. Move on to the next, and try to kick the Bungles asses.

This. We were so damn close to sending all those Cowpuke fans back to the valley in a bad mood is why is stings so much. Moving on.
welcome to the WZ

Dont forget we knocked the snot out of them and sent them limping, would have been great to get the win, but it was good just watching our guys lay some good licks on romo and the rest of his offense, and had any fans from the bay area showed up for the game, probably would have been enough to swing it in our favor. I think the fans let the team down more than the team let the fans down.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
It's not that we lost. But how. We had that game and gave it away. I would rather have been blown out than lose like that,it's to hard on my heart.
Share 49ersWebzone