LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 262 users in the forums

Who is going to win? Plain and simple

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is going to win? Plain and simple

All that talent on O doesn't matter if they can't protect Romo. Pathwork line w/ 3 new starters since last year, and of them is out, another (TSmith) is playing hurt. JSmith is lining up on a guard who has NEVER started a game before.

On top of that, both of the starting CBs are out, and the inside linebackers are SSSSSSLLLLLLOW (free VD!).
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
All that talent on O doesn't matter if they can't protect Romo. Pathwork line w/ 3 new starters since last year, and of them is out, another (TSmith) is playing hurt. JSmith is lining up on a guard who has NEVER started a game before.

On top of that, both of the starting CBs are out, and the inside linebackers are SSSSSSLLLLLLOW (free VD!).

You would think the plan would be to pass. But, the question really is: Does JH have enough confidence in Smith to put the game in his hands from the beginning? I predict he doesn't and will try to grind down the Cgirls to keep the pressure off of Smith and to control the time of possession. It may look a lot like last week, maybe with a few new wrinkles. It will result in a loss and a lot of complaining.
The cowgirls are going down! 27-24 GO NINERS!

Their patchwork Oline, handled some of the toughest blitzes the jets could bring.
Originally posted by jte1979:
If Alex is looking down field for Davis, Edwards, and Morgan than I think we have a shot. If Harbaugh keeps a short leash on him and we need 16 plays to complete a scoring drive, it's not going to happen.

Yeah i agree it.. We need 16 to 30 plays to complete a scoring drive and more scores for tds that better to get a win!! u know!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Their patchwork Oline, handled some of the toughest blitzes the jets could bring.

I know everyone is on Rex's nuts, but I have not been impressed with the Jets pass rush. They are very good in coverage, which pads their coverae sack numbers, but I rarely see a sack from them that makes me think, "Damn, he got there in a hurry!" QBs usually have time to throw, just no one to throw to.
Originally posted by carlgo:

You would think the plan would be to pass. But, the question really is: Does JH have enough confidence in Smith to put the game in his hands from the beginning? I predict he doesn't and will try to grind down the Cgirls to keep the pressure off of Smith and to control the time of possession. It may look a lot like last week, maybe with a few new wrinkles. It will result in a loss and a lot of complaining.

Earl Thomas is fast and instinctive. He was someone worth worrying about in the secondary. The Cowboys will have no one like that, and Harbaugh will probably enter this game knowing that the team will need better production on offense to win.
I know everyone is on Rex's nuts, but I have not been impressed with the Jets pass rush. They are very good in coverage, which pads their coverae sack numbers, but I rarely see a sack from them that makes me think, "Damn, he got there in a hurry!" QBs usually have time to throw, just no one to throw to.

I'm not impressed with their pass rush either, that is why I was commenting on their blitzes. They have a lot of blitzes bringing people from everywhere, the fact that the cowboys handled it for the most part is what caught my eye.

But yeah, they don't really have a passrush unless they bring everyone.
  • Jiks
I hate to look at the negative light of things but the past still lurks in my soul. The fact that we can never beat a good team or we always shoot ourselves in the foot still has me very cautious to get my hopes up too much. While I think we can win this, it's just hard to get my hopes up anymore. The pain is just to darn much to handle .

With that being said beat the s**t out of them!!! I think that right there would turn all this angst I've been harboring since around 02' more into a positive feeling. There's a ray of hope there. If we lose, it's back to the same old 49ers. Another week of NT sucking. And a road trip to the East Coast in which we have sucked in the past. To me this game has huge implications as to if things are finally changing around here or not. If we can win this game and finally beat a good team, we just may have finally gotten over the hump. Just maybe...
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I'm not impressed with their pass rush either, that is why I was commenting on their blitzes. They have a lot of blitzes bringing people from everywhere, the fact that the cowboys handled it for the most part is what caught my eye.

But yeah, they don't really have a passrush unless they bring everyone.

Fair enough. I think the 49ers front can beat them down physically, so their communication and blitz recognition might not be that much of a help. Romo also said in the conference call that the Jets played mostly coverage, sending 3 or 4 on the majority of pass plays. He coulda been lying.

Fair enough. I think the 49ers front can beat them down physically, so their communication and blitz recognition might not be that much of a help. Romo also said in the conference call that the Jets played mostly coverage, sending 3 or 4 on the majority of pass plays. He coulda been lying.

Well judging from how we rotated men in and out on our Dline last week, (we should be fresh) we may be able to beat them down physically. (that would be awesome)
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Sep 17, 2011 at 3:24 PM ]
Too funny!

We win . . . barely . . . against probably the worst team in football. (Even then, it took two fluke special teams' plays to pull it out). And suddenly, to some, we're the second coming of the '84 Niners.

Right now, this team doesn't look much improved in their execution on offense than those of the previous five years. In fact, somewhat worse. No surprise. Same trigger man. An unknown quantity at coaching.

The defense looks capable and better, but the offense will cause them to lose heart.

A cowboy win by high double digits
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Too funny!

We win . . . barely . . . against probably the worst team in football. (Even then, it took two fluke special teams' plays to pull it out). And suddenly, to some, we're the second coming of the '84 Niners.

Right now, this team doesn't look much improved in their execution on offense than those of the previous five years. In fact, somewhat worse. No surprise. Same trigger man. An unknown quantity at coaching.

The defense looks capable and better, but the offense will cause them to lose heart.

A cowboy win by high double digits

I think our defense is a little bit more aggressive, but still falls apart at the end of games.
Our offense = "to be continued" We haven't seen what Alex is cooking yet.
Harbaugh: Tomorrow we play Seattle, and while they aren't very good, we don't want to blow them out...let's stay under the radar.
Roman: So, what do I call? Jimmy Raye plays?
Harbaugh: No...well, yes--but not until we are up by a few points.
Roman: Is "a few" ten? Fourteen?
Harbaugh: OK, say fourteen. If we get up more than that people will think we have a chance against Dallas, so be careful.

Sunday 2nd Quarter
Harbaugh: Thought I told you fourteen points! What the hell is going on?
Roman: Akers won't agree to shank the FGs and Alex accidentally fell into the end zone so we're stuck going up a few more.
Harbaugh: Hey, we can run into the line and keep from getting into FG range again.
Roman: OK

Sunday 3rd Quarter
Harbaugh: Let's play a loose prevent.
Fangio: What?
Harbaugh: Loose prevent...
Fangio: F*c* that, it's time to close them out.
Harbaugh: Think about it! Would you rather blow out Seattle or mess with Jones and Ryan?
Fanio: How loose?

Harbaugh: Damn it Ginn...
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Harbaugh: Tomorrow we play Seattle, and while they aren't very good, we don't want to blow them out...let's stay under the radar.
Roman: So, what do I call? Jimmy Raye plays?
Harbaugh: No...well, yes--but not until we are up by a few points.
Roman: Is "a few" ten? Fourteen?
Harbaugh: OK, say fourteen. If we get up more than that people will think we have a chance against Dallas, so be careful.

Sunday 2nd Quarter
Harbaugh: Thought I told you fourteen points! What the hell is going on?
Roman: Akers won't agree to shank the FGs and Alex accidentally fell into the end zone so we're stuck going up a few more.
Harbaugh: Hey, we can run into the line and keep from getting into FG range again.
Roman: OK

Sunday 3rd Quarter
Harbaugh: Let's play a loose prevent.
Fangio: What?
Harbaugh: Loose prevent...
Fangio: F*c* that, it's time to close them out.
Harbaugh: Think about it! Would you rather blow out Seattle or mess with Jones and Ryan?
Fanio: How loose?

Harbaugh: Damn it Ginn...

Share 49ersWebzone