LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
As a Niner fan? Always and will be.

As a football fan, I think our squad can hang with them! Any given Sunday, brah!

There comes a time when you have to be realistic.

How is that not being realistic? You asked if I believe they are better than AZ and I answered truthfully.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
can we just leave it as this:

smith has had a disappointment career so far

in the first 2 games in 2011 he has shown progress and has had 2 solid games

/end argument

I'll say One Solid Game, the Dallas Game. How was that Seattle Game Solid? Seattle is terrible, he should have been lightening them up.
How is that not being realistic? You asked if I believe they are better than AZ and I answered truthfully.

I misread that, I thought you said hang with any team. Arizona has a better team than us but the 49ers can probably keep up with them and eventually lose. They have a better QB, Better CB's and a Better D Line. They also have probably the best receiver in the NFL.

I misread that, I thought you said hang with any team. Arizona has a better team than us but the 49ers can probably keep up with them and eventually lose. They have a better QB, Better CB's and a Better D Line. They also have probably the best receiver in the NFL.
They have one of the worst Defenses in the NFL right now. They start a rookie and a guy who has like 3 career starts at DB. There QB is just as average as ours.
Originally posted by valrod33:
They have one of the worst Defenses in the NFL right now. They start a rookie and a guy who has like 3 career starts at DB. There QB is just as average as ours.

All Defenses look suspect early in the year and Kolb has a 110 QB rating he's better than Smith right now. How is he just as average?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I know that you are a PBM, I am just trying to figure out which one.

You've made assumptions and then spend your time attacking them. Classic straw man, fighting windmills, etc, etc.

Look back - no one is saying Smith is the answer or that he is elite. People are arguing that, this year, he has played well and is not the cause of the offensive problems. You, on the other hand, blame Smith - AND ONLY SMITH - for low yardage totals and a 1-1 record. Many here disagree with that simplistic approach.

PBM? Not sure what that is or what it means.

What assumptions have I made? They lost the Dallas game and they Almost Blew the Seattle Game. They are barely hanging on. LIke I said by Week 8 you'll see that I'm right. Probably before that point.

Right about WHAT? If Smith implodes later, it will be due to what happens later, not due to what happened in weeks 1 and 2.
  • Jiks

You've made assumptions and then spend your time attacking them. Classic straw man, fighting windmills, etc, etc.

Look back - no one is saying Smith is the answer or that he is elite. People are arguing that, this year, he has played well and is not the cause of the offensive problems. You, on the other hand, blame Smith - AND ONLY SMITH - for low yardage totals and a 1-1 record. Many here disagree with that simplistic approach.

What assumptions have I made? They lost the Dallas game and they Almost Blew the Seattle Game. They are barely hanging on. LIke I said by Week 8 you'll see that I'm right. Probably before that point.

Just curious if I was watching the same game you were but how did we "almost blew" the Seattle game?

Almost blew it by takin a 9 minute drive down the field to put us up by two scores. We almost blew it with that big play, which still had us the lead. We almost blew it by returning a kick off for a TD our next possesion. But what really almost blew it was our defense stopping the SeaHawks again, forcing them to punt. I can't believe how we almost blew it. A slight shift in momentum, and we almost blew it, even though that shift in momentum only lasted what a commercial break?

All Defenses look suspect early in the year and Kolb has a 110 QB rating he's better than Smith right now. How is he just as average?

his past performance says he is an average QB. Smith has a higher QBR rating than Kolb so I would argue Smith is playing better than Kolb
Yo... can you tell me this weeks lotto numbers please????

User destroyed, close the thread plz.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Just curious if I was watching the same game you were but how did we "almost blew" the Seattle game?

Almost blew it by takin a 9 minute drive down the field to put us up by two scores. We almost blew it with that big play, which still had us the lead. We almost blew it by returning a kick off for a TD our next possesion. But what really almost blew it was our defense stopping the SeaHawks again, forcing them to punt. I can't believe how we almost blew it. A slight shift in momentum, and we almost blew it, even though that shift in momentum only lasted what a commercial break?

Dude, I must have been dreamin...

It was 17-19 before those kick returns, so keep pretending that Seattle wasn't on the move.

It was 17-19 before those kick returns, so keep pretending that Seattle wasn't on the move.

we had the ball with 3 minutes left

oh and the drive before we led a 9 minute drive

so its not like we were on an offensive stall
Originally posted by communist:

User destroyed, close the thread plz.

Destroyed? right. I'll be sure to come back and let you know I was right.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we had the ball with 3 minutes left

oh and the drive before we led a 9 minute drive

so its not like we were on an offensive stall

Yeah and Seattle had their Time Outs and we couldn't move the ball.
his past performance says he is an average QB. Smith has a higher QBR rating than Kolb so I would argue Smith is playing better than Kolb

Smiths Entire Career is below average. Period.
Share 49ersWebzone