There are 208 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we had the ball with 3 minutes left

oh and the drive before we led a 9 minute drive

so its not like we were on an offensive stall

Yeah and Seattle had their Time Outs and we couldn't move the ball.

Yet we won so how did we blow it up again??? Or almost???

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
we had the ball with 3 minutes left

oh and the drive before we led a 9 minute drive

so its not like we were on an offensive stall

Yeah and Seattle had their Time Outs and we couldn't move the ball.
the drive before right before we led the offense 60 yards in 9 minutes in which alex was 5-6
  • Silky
  • Veteran
It was 17-19 before those kick returns, so keep pretending that Seattle wasn't on the move.

Oh please! Seattle on the move? They scored on a fluke 54yd TD that was essentially a curl route, missed tackle TD. They got the ball again and went 3and out. Even if Ginn doesn't return any of those kicks, we still win by at least 10 points. I am very confident of that.
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:

The fact seattle was able to score so quick and cut the score to a two point game is not almost blowing a lead when you've been dominating most of the game.
Destroyed? right. I'll be sure to come back and let you know I was right.
I'm not afraid of that. I admitted in a Newton thread (or at least per pm to a certain user) that I was wrong about Newton abilites, at least that one to start immeadiately. So, you can't hunt me with that "I was right, you was wrong"-thing.

Question: Do u really wanna be right on that thing?
[ Edited by communist on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Oh please! Seattle on the move? They scored on a fluke 54yd TD that was essentially a curl route, missed tackle TD. They got the ball again and went 3and out. Even if Ginn doesn't return any of those kicks, we still win by at least 10 points. I am very confident of that.

How was that a fluke? You can call all long receptions a fluke. A fluke because it's not our team? Right. Jackson came out in the second half after they made adjustments and looked pretty good.
Originally posted by communist:
I'm not afraid of that. I admitted in a Newton thread (or at least per pm to a certain user) that I was wrong about Newton abilites, at least that one to start immeadiately. So, you can't hunt me with that "I was right, you was wrong"-thing.

Question: Do u really wanna be right on that thing?

Of course not, but based on the history of Alex Smith unfortunately the odds are in my favor.

The fact seattle was able to score so quick and cut the score to a two point game is not almost blowing a lead when you've been dominating most of the game.

I guess the folks who can't see we almost lost to SEA should also NOT be able to see that we almost won vs DAL since we lost that game.

Key word is almost and some can't grasp that. We DID almost blow a win vs SEA. Ginn is what saved us by the way SEA was beginning to move the ball on us.

How did we blow or "almost" blow it if we won the game and never lost the lead?

Damn... some of you guys can never be happy.

Originally posted by Joecool:

I guess the folks who can't see we almost lost to SEA should also NOT be able to see that we almost won vs DAL since we lost that game.

Key word is almost and some can't grasp that. We DID almost blow a win vs SEA. Ginn is what saved us by the way SEA was beginning to move the ball on us.

Glass half full / half empty.

Pick one.

Pick one.

to be fait we havent trailed all season the only time we have been behind was in OT last game
How did we blow or "almost" blow it if we won the game and never lost the lead?

Damn... some of you guys can never be happy.

So did we almost beat Dallas or not?

Pick one.

Playing not to lose results in a glass half empty most of the time. We've had too many years of visual evidence by the 49ers on this one.
I have a question for everyone. Everyone seems to agree that our playcalling has been conservative and Alex has been held back (whether you think its because Alex is horrible or because of our limited offseason is irrelevant). Some people have been impressed by Alex so far. They credit Harbaugh for using him correctly for the first time in his career.

My question is.....In your opinion, is there a starting QB in the NFL right now that couldnt do exactly what Alex is doing thus far?
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I have a question for everyone. Everyone seems to agree that our playcalling has been conservative (whether you think its because Alex is horrible or because of our limited offseason is irrelevant). Some people have been impressed by Alex so far. They credit Harbaugh for using him correctly for the first time in his career.

My question is.....In your opinion, is there a starting QB in the NFL right now that couldnt do exactly what Alex is doing thus far?

Whats your point?
Share 49ersWebzone