LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

QBR watch (week 2) **updated**

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by communist:
Their D sucks, their Running game sucks BUT at least he has a pass protection. And they still lose. EDIT: They have a (former) No.1 Wideout. Look what material Alex had last game.

My point is that I want a QB who manages us to the wins, not a high-fly rookie who has nice stats but is losing anyway. Stats are overrated, a Win is the most important thing in sports.

LOL so you wouldn't want a "high flying rookie" who has the potential to be an Elite QB you want a game manager. Great lets bring back Shaun Hill now. I swear some of you are insane. I've never seen so much blind love for a sub par QB.
Nobody here said that Alex is the real deal or anything in that direction. It's only you who tries to find some arguments against him, based on the last 2 performances, where simply arent any arguments to find.
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Their D sucks, their Running game sucks BUT at least he has a pass protection. And they still lose. EDIT: They have a (former) No.1 Wideout. Look what material Alex had last game.

My point is that I want a QB who manages us to the wins, not a high-fly rookie who has nice stats but is losing anyway. Stats are overrated, a Win is the most important thing in sports.

LOL so you wouldn't want a "high flying rookie" who has the potential to be an Elite QB you want a game manager. Great lets bring back Shaun Hill now. I swear some of you are insane. I've never seen so much blind love for a sub par QB.

Alex Smith is our bridge to Kaepernick.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
You completely dodged the points. You asked a question and I provided legit answers.

I've never said Newton ISN'T better than Smith. However, I refuse to lay this year's offensive woes at Smith's feet alone. In fact, he's been a bright spot.

They did not take the points off because of Smith. If the offensive woes are not on smith who are they on?!?!?!? HE'S THE QB!!!
What blind love? I'm done with Alex after last season but neither I hate him nor I refuse to say that he is NOT our problem right now. My conclusion is a non-emotional one, what about yours?

And stop that crap with Shaun Hill plz.

I give you an example from soccer: Cristiano Ronaldo is the biggest f*ggot on this planet and he is arrogant. Personlly, I hate him. But I think that he is one of the best soccer players in the world, if not the best.
[ Edited by communist on Sep 20, 2011 at 11:29 AM ]
They did not take the points off because of Smith. If the offensive woes are not on smith who are they on?!?!?!? HE'S THE QB!!!

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/09/six-sacks-breaking-down-the-breakdowns.html

Second quarter
15:00
1st & 10 DAL 41: Maybe you can blame the lockout for this sack. The play is either poorly conceived or poorly executed. Either way, the 49ers obviously need more work. On the play, Alex Smith is supposed to fake a handoff, roll away from the line and then hit either the running back or tight end Vernon Davis with a quick screen. Davis initially blocks outside linebacker Anthony Spencer and then, as you're supposed to do with screens, lets Spencer go. Whether he lets him loose too early or whether the play is slow to develop, who knows? Spencer is immediately in Smith's face for the sack. It's notable that this is the only one of the six sacks that doesn't lead to an Andy Lee punt. The 49ers, at this stage at least, clearly are not an offense that can overcome negative plays.
4:36
2nd & 10 SF 30: This one is just a simple case of Dallas having more rushers than the 49ers have blockers. The Cowboys send seven and the 49ers have just six blocker. The unblocked man is defensive end Jason Hatcher, who crashes into Smith. Frank Gore may be Smith's emergency outlet, but he slips while trying to get through the line. Smith had no time to get a pass away anyway.
Third quarter
14:12
3rd & 8 SF 22: This one is due to poor technique. The Cowboys only rush five and the 49ers have seven back to protect, including Gore and tight end Delanie Walker. Spencer, however, splits the double team of Joe Staley and Mike Iupati and flushes Smith, who was in the shotgun, to his left where Hatcher, looping around to the outside, is waiting for him. Hatcher will get credit for the sack, but Spencer is the one who made it happen.
6:39
1st & 10 DAL 49: After a big, 43-yard return by Kendall Hunter, the 49ers lose momentum with another first-down sack. Staley and Iupati are double-teaming DeMarcus Ware on the play. Ware decides to go around this wall, slipping past the outside of Staley's left shoulder and then swiping at the ball just as Smith brings his arm back to throw. The quarterback does a remarkable job holding onto the ball, but once again, minus-7 yards is too much for the offense to make up, and three plays later the 49ers punt.
Fourth quarter
5:31
2nd & 8 SF 35: This play can be looked at in contrast to the effective play-fake the Cowboys ran in overtime on which cornerback Carlos Rogers and safety Donte Whitner bit hook, line and sinker. The 49ers run their own play fake, this one coupled with a rollout by Smith to his right. Neither Spencer nor Ware is blocked on the play. It's hard to say how the 49ers were going to account for Ware, last year's sacks leader, on the play. Maybe they thought he would bite inside. He doesn't, and easily sacks Smith for an eight-yard loss.
Overtime
13:52
2nd & 3 SF 39: the 49ers had just picked up a combined 19 yards on a pass to Ted Ginn and a run by Gore. The Cowboys had just scored on their last two drives to send the game to overtime, and there was no way the 49ers could take a negative play and give the ball back. The Cowboys rush five, but Ware breaks off his rush to cover Gore, to whom Smith wants to check down. Meanwhile, nose tackle Jay Ratliff turns center Jonathan Goodwin's shoulders and charges toward Smith. Smith is locked into his left where there is no one open. If he turns to his right, he'd find receiver Joshua Morgan all alone.
You completely dodged the points. You asked a question and I provided legit answers.

I've never said Newton ISN'T better than Smith. However, I refuse to lay this year's offensive woes at Smith's feet alone. In fact, he's been a bright spot.

That's all that I needed to read. No point in "debating" with you any further. Good luck.
What blind love? I'm done with Alex after last season but neither I hate him nor I refuse to say that he is NOT our problem right now. My conclusion is a non-emotional one, what about yours?

And stop that crap with Shaun Hill plz.

I give you an example from soccer: Cristiano Ronaldo is the biggest f*ggot on this planet and he is arrogant. Personlly, I hate him. But I think that he is one of the best soccer players in the world, if not the best.

How is Smith not our problem right now? We have not won anything with him at QB. Look at his Win Loss Record for his career. You keep harping on Wins, He is a career Losing QB. As for your example, what the hell does that have to do with anything? I don't hate Smith, I just think he sucks as a QB.
How is Smith not our problem right now? We have not won anything with him at QB. Look at his Win Loss Record for his career. You keep harping on Wins, He is a career Losing QB. As for your example, what the hell does that have to do with anything? I don't hate Smith, I just think he sucks as a QB.
I dont believe you.

As for now, Newton is the same loser like Smith.

That's all that I needed to read. No point in "debating" with you any further. Good luck.

As usual you run from reality. So what other reason would they not take the points off then take over the ball on the 22 Yard line of Dallas? Even if they don't score they have a closer field goal for Akers. I'm sure Bellechek would not allow Tom Brady to try to score from the opposing teams 22 yard line. LOL
I dont believe you.

As for now, Newton is the same loser like Smith.

2 Games in the NFL Vs 56, yeah great comparison.
We get it Upper, we get it.

So what? Do you expect us to agree with you? What that Alex used to suck and as a result, we are cautious about him? Hmmm...tell us something that we don't know. Fact is, we know his past. Some, cheer for his future because he's still our QB.

So, we can't root for our QB? We can't acknowledge what he did well? Sure, he's not the Franchise QB, nor is he going to be our future. We root for him this year 'cause he's our QB. So far though, he's done better this year than last, much, much better than last.

2010 wk 1 vs Sea 26/45, 225, 0 TDs, 2 Int.
2011 wk 1 vs Sea 15/20, 124, 0 TDs, 0 Int.

2010 wk2 vs NO 23/32, 275, 1 TD, 2 Int
2011 wk2 vs Dal 16/24, 175, 2 TDs, 1 Int

So in 2010 in the first two weeks, Alex was 49/77 63.6%, 500 yds, 1 TDs, 4 Ints!!!!!

And in 2011 in the first two weeks, Alex was 31/44 70.4%, 299 yds, 2 TDs, 1 Int!!!!

He already has three INTs less than last year. That's a frickin' improvement right there! We can win with Alex as long as he keeps playing like he has these last two weeks.

We need our OL to give him more time!!! Again, it all depends on your POV, no?

But it IS time to FREE ALEX!!!
2 Games in the NFL Vs 56, yeah great comparison.
I'm so sorry that Newton didnt play more games yet.

As usual you run from reality. So what other reason would they not take the points off then take over the ball on the 22 Yard line of Dallas? Even if they don't score they have a closer field goal for Akers. I'm sure Bellechek would not allow Tom Brady to try to score from the opposing teams 22 yard line. LOL
You've got my number! Well done.
Share 49ersWebzone