LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Should he not make the 49ers' roster?

In my opinion, he doesn't play up to his size and he dances around too much! I bet RB coach, Tom Rathman gets really pissed off at Anthony Dixon!

Obviously we know Frank Gore is the #1 RB, Kendall Hunter should be #2, and I would like to see Xavier Omon be the #3 RB!

Dixon isn't a FB. So what value does he bring to this team? I say they should cut him.
[ Edited by PTulini on Sep 1, 2011 at 7:49 AM ]
He deserves a chance to be on the roster. He showed flashes of talent last year when gore went down. Omon was decent in preseason, but then again it's preseason.
I voted yes, but there is a chance he still makes the roster due to the fact that we really don't know much about Omon because he only performed well against 3rd and 4th team defenses in the Raiders game. I would "assume" that Dixon would have done well against them also. It really comes down to who is of more value between Omon and Dixon... So right now I'd have to say that's a toss up. This last pre-season game is going to be important for both men.
i think he is on the hotseat. Any backup player on the team is on the hotseat. I haven't given up on him yet but he is being outplayed by Oman right now.
He is better than Omon but not Hunter. Dixon is our 3rd RB
Nope. We need three RBs.
Yes! I don't think he gets cut this year, unless Harbaugh finds a gem somewhere that gets cut. However, his 3.4 average from 2010, and subpar 2011 preseason is definitely not going to bode well for his Niner future. With Hunter playing well, Dixon may be on the hot seat.
I like his dancing, lets keep him!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Gore/Hunter/Dixon will be our group this year.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Nope. We need three RBs.

This.

Me no sure
His twitter is reason enough for him to stick around.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Yes! I don't think he gets cut this year, unless Harbaugh finds a gem somewhere that gets cut. However, his 3.4 average from 2010, and subpar 2011 preseason is definitely not going to bode well for his Niner future. With Hunter playing well, Dixon may be on the hot seat.

I agree. Ultimately, he needs to be coached into lowering his pads and playing like the big man he is. If Gore can do it, certainly Dixon can do it.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He is better than Omon but not Hunter. Dixon is our 3rd RB

pretty much. I think Dixon makes it as the 3rd rb. he runs like a finesse 3rd down back at times. Instead of a big bruiser.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dixon is a cool guy but way overrated as a RB.
Share 49ersWebzone