LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 408 users in the forums

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Is RB Anthony Dixon on the hot seat?

Dixon is serviceable because we don't have two really good back ups, yet. He is not shown anything special but he is not terrible either. Dixon will never be a feature back.

Hunter looks like a keeper. I wouldn't be surprised if the niners used a mid to high draft choice on a back next year.
Dixon was a beast last pre-season! Not sure what happened. Hunter has more potential at this point in my opinion. Hunter makes quick decisions and combined with his speed is dangerous. What about Hunter on kickoffs?
Gore/Hunter/Dixon.

Book it.
We just dumped last years second rounder. Theres no way we cut last years 3rd rounder too. He'll just move down the depth chart.
Originally posted by baltien:
Gore/Hunter/Dixon.

Book it.

i think that's a given. Unless Hunter is worse at pass blocking than Anthony Davis.
I wouldn't be surprised if a RB is cut from another team and the Niners pick him up to be our #3. But the money is on Dixon to be our #3.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by susweel:

Dixon is not a NFL RB he should be cut and we should sign Portis to back up Gire.

if we were to sign anyone off of the street, it should be Brian Westbrook. WCO beast!

Dude has a soft head.

Portis has a soft everything

Plus he has the IQ of a half rotten tomato.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I wouldn't be surprised if a RB is cut from another team and the Niners pick him up to be our #3. But the money is on Dixon to be our #3.

I'd like to see that happen.
Dixon still has happy feet before he hits the hole. It is totally obvious to me that the new front office and coaching staff have no loyalty to guys brought in before they got there, no matter when they were drafted. If I was him, I would be worried. Xavier Omon has looked good enough in the preseason to give Dixon a run for his money.
No. He's the 3rd RB. Not sure what the huge concern is. Dixon is only in his 2nd year, people.. and he's pretty much either on par with or better than a lot of the 3rd RBs in the league.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM ]

RB is one of the few positions where you're expected to be able to come in and immediately make an impact. You don't get the luxury of 7 years, like QB.
No surprise: Preseason rushing leader is a 49er
Omon and Dixon are both not good. I hope neither really get any PT this year unless it's on special teams. With that said, I guess Dixon should be the 3rd RB. I don't really care either way. Gore and Hunter will get carries and stay healthy.
Originally posted by PTulini:
No surprise: Preseason rushing leader is a 49er

That's because our QB's suck in preseason...

And regular season.
He should be, for a big boy, he sure runs small! All that thinking and dancing, has got to stop, he has to learn to be the bully! Run at people a little, deliver the hit when getting tackled sometimes.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Sep 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone