LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

2011 Schedule Analysis and Predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I gotz Harbs for this
Originally posted by freetworhyme:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Now that I look at it OTC, at 3-1, I can see us beating TB, DET, CLE, and be 6-1.

Then WSH will be a tough one now. Last tough ones are PITT and BAL.

I dont think DET isnt good, I just think they are beatable. I wouldnt rank them top 5. Pit and Bal are better IMO.

Are you smoking crack? TB will be tough like the Eagles, DET will be a loss the way Megatron is playing but we can beat Cleveland. I say we are 5-2 at best, 4-3 worst by the bye.

After that I say we beat the Redskins, lose to the giants, beat the cardinals, lose to the ravens, beat the rams, beat the cardinals, lose to the steelers, beat the seahawks, then beat the rams.

We finish with a 9-7 record at worst, 12-4 record at best and win the NFC West title then lose in the 1st round of the playoffs, inspire hope in the fan base, then draft secondary and sign 1 or 2 offseason free agents that are noteworthy.

I'd make some babies if we go 12-4.

10-6 is looking realistic. I feel like the Eagles game was sort of the "monkey on our back" in a way. We've never really beaten an "elite" team and not only did we win..we came back from a 20 point deficit against the so-called dream team. If I were a player I'd feel like we could beat anyone with proper execution.

Anyway...hoping for the best. Go 49ers.
detroit is definitely the scariest team on our schedule. pitt cant pass protect very well lately and our d-line is getting pressure without the blitz. baltimore is a good team but they are not elite. kind of wishy washy, dont know whether the good baltimore or the mediocre baltimore is gonna show up. detroit is scary good on offense and defense
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
detroit is definitely the scariest team on our schedule. pitt cant pass protect very well lately and our d-line is getting pressure without the blitz. baltimore is a good team but they are not elite. kind of wishy washy, dont know whether the good baltimore or the mediocre baltimore is gonna show up. detroit is scary good on offense and defense

Yeah crazy to think Detroit might be the toughest team we play this year. Never would have thought that 3 months ago. Figured the Eagles, Steelers, and Ravens would be "guaranteed" losses.

Any given Sunday I guess.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Its a lot of CJ all day, if you can slow him down you can win. I think the hype is a bit high for the Lions right now but they have earned a s**t ton of respect. I'm glad they are looking good...gonna be an expensive team to resign once the rookie contracts are up.
10-6
12-4 book it
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Maui9er:
Aloha Maddog. This Phillys Bone is for you! 6-10??? Gotta love your offseason draft posts, but your preseason prediction was a bit weak...
3 wins (2 on the road, eastern timezone) 1 loss (in overtime) and still in the game for my 10-6 season... Yah Baby!!!!
Aloha back to you. The Niners are defying the odds in winning both of these EST games. Very impressive. Still think 10-6 is not going to happen, but an 8-8 or 9-7 record looks more likely as the season progresses.

Aloha Maddog and OnTheClock, I think you 2 might get thrown off in 2013 Draft, if our picks are near the bottom of the draft, haha. Don't think you 2 have had to look at picks bottom of each round, in many many years. I hope you both have to work harder next spring!! Haha... I really big time appreciate your guy's draft input, but I hope to beat this drum all year!!!! 10-6 is still going strong!!!!! Let's flatten the tires on the Motor City lions next week
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Maui9er:
Aloha Maddog. This Phillys Bone is for you! 6-10??? Gotta love your offseason draft posts, but your preseason prediction was a bit weak...
3 wins (2 on the road, eastern timezone) 1 loss (in overtime) and still in the game for my 10-6 season... Yah Baby!!!!
Aloha back to you. The Niners are defying the odds in winning both of these EST games. Very impressive. Still think 10-6 is not going to happen, but an 8-8 or 9-7 record looks more likely as the season progresses.

Aloha Maddog and OnTheClock, I think you 2 might get thrown off in 2013 Draft, if our picks are near the bottom of the draft, haha. Don't think you 2 have had to look at picks bottom of each round, in many many years. I hope you both have to work harder next spring!! Haha... I really big time appreciate your guy's draft input, but I hope to beat this drum all year!!!! 10-6 is still going strong!!!!! Let's flatten the tires on the Motor City lions next week
way, way ahead of where I thought we'd be.

I am as excited as ever to see the 49ers apparently well on their way to exceeding expectations.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

10-6 is looking realistic. I feel like the Eagles game was sort of the "monkey on our back" in a way. We've never really beaten an "elite" team and not only did we win..we came back from a 20 point deficit against the so-called dream team. If I were a player I'd feel like we could beat anyone with proper execution.

A "dream team" that's currently 1-4, to be fair.

I'd be really happy if we end up at 9-7.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

A "dream team" that's currently 1-4, to be fair.

I'd be really happy if we end up at 9-7.

But they are "talented", so so "talented".
1 Sun, Sept. 11 vs. Seattle Seahawks - WIN (1-0)
2 Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Dallas Cowboys - LOSS (1-1)
3 Sun, Sept. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals - WIN (2-1)
4 Sun, Oct. 2 at Philadelphia Eagles - WIN (3-1)
5 Sun, Oct. 9 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WIN (4-1)

Taking another look after the Bucs win I really like our chances for 10 wins. All we need to do is finish 6-5 and I think it's more than doable.

6 Sun, Oct. 16 at Detroit Lions - LOSS (4-2) I think we'll play well, but won' get the upset.
7 Bye
8 Sun, Oct. 30 vs. Cleveland Browns - WIN (5-2) Hopefully Braylon and Soap will be ready to roll, but we should be fine without them.
9 Sun, Nov. 6 at Washington Redskins - LOSS (5-3) I think the NFC East is overrated, but our non-division road dominance will end in this game.
10 Sun, Nov. 13 vs. New York Giants - WIN (6-3) We demonstrate how the NFC East is overrated.
11 Sun, Nov. 20 vs. Arizona Cardinals - WIN (7-3) Back to the division. We show the Cards how much things have changed here.
12 Thu, Nov. 24 at Baltimore Ravens - LOSS (7-4) Short week, long haul, better team . . . long odds. I just want to be competitive . . . very competetive.
13 Sun, Dec. 4 vs. St. Louis Rams - WIN (8-4) Smack down time for the Rams. I think we'll be approaching the division title.
14 Sun, Dec. 11 at Arizona Cardinals - WIN (9-4) I think 9 wins will clinch the division and they celebrate in Glendale.
15 Mon, Dec. 19 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers - LOSS (9-5) I have a feeling Pittsburgh will need this one more than us.
16 Sat, Dec. 24 at Seattle Seahawks - WIN (10-5) We get 10 wins on Seattle's home turf.
17 Sun, Jan. 1 at St. Louis Rams - LOSS (10-6) We rest regulars and the Rams pull out a moral victory.

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
1 Sun, Sept. 11 vs. Seattle Seahawks - WIN (1-0)
2 Sun, Sept. 18 vs. Dallas Cowboys - LOSS (1-1)
3 Sun, Sept. 25 at Cincinnati Bengals - WIN (2-1)
4 Sun, Oct. 2 at Philadelphia Eagles - WIN (3-1)
5 Sun, Oct. 9 vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WIN (4-1)

Taking another look after the Bucs win I really like our chances for 10 wins. All we need to do is finish 6-5 and I think it's more than doable.

6 Sun, Oct. 16 at Detroit Lions - LOSS (4-2) I think we'll play well, but won' get the upset.
7 Bye
8 Sun, Oct. 30 vs. Cleveland Browns - WIN (5-2) Hopefully Braylon and Soap will be ready to roll, but we should be fine without them.
9 Sun, Nov. 6 at Washington Redskins - LOSS (5-3) I think the NFC East is overrated, but our non-division road dominance will end in this game.
10 Sun, Nov. 13 vs. New York Giants - WIN (6-3) We demonstrate how the NFC East is overrated.
11 Sun, Nov. 20 vs. Arizona Cardinals - WIN (7-3) Back to the division. We show the Cards how much things have changed here.
12 Thu, Nov. 24 at Baltimore Ravens - LOSS (7-4) Short week, long haul, better team . . . long odds. I just want to be competitive . . . very competetive.
13 Sun, Dec. 4 vs. St. Louis Rams - WIN (8-4) Smack down time for the Rams. I think we'll be approaching the division title.
14 Sun, Dec. 11 at Arizona Cardinals - WIN (9-4) I think 9 wins will clinch the division and they celebrate in Glendale.
15 Mon, Dec. 19 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers - LOSS (9-5) I have a feeling Pittsburgh will need this one more than us.
16 Sat, Dec. 24 at Seattle Seahawks - WIN (10-5) We get 10 wins on Seattle's home turf.
17 Sun, Jan. 1 at St. Louis Rams - LOSS (10-6) We rest regulars and the Rams pull out a moral victory.

As far as I am concerned all of our games are winnable moving forward. I think we can beat Detroit. I'm done assuming losses. Plus detroit barely handled the tampa bay team we just shelacked. Detroit beat a beat up KC team that was realing from two huge injuries and a week 1 shocker. Detroit beat a struggling Minnesota Vikings team and they got gifted a game by tony Romo who stole a game from us. There is no reason to assume we can't beat them next week. They also will have a "short" turnaround after a monday night game playing a divisional rival who is going to be looking hard for a win. I wouldn't be suprised to see them a little dinged up as well.
Share 49ersWebzone