LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 142 users in the forums

The Barbieri theory: WWHD?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Barbieri theory: WWHD?

Originally posted by BobS:
Unless he gets hurt Alex Smith starts the whole year. No way is Kap going to be ready. I am pretty sure this will be treated as a rebuilding year whether fans like it or not.

Larry Kerger was saying on the radio that because Roman said that the QB position is "fluid" that might mean that the 49ers are looking for outside options. He said the name you have to watch the next two weeks would be Josh Johnson because Alex just doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough for WCO and Kaep is too raw.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by BobS:
Unless he gets hurt Alex Smith starts the whole year. No way is Kap going to be ready. I am pretty sure this will be treated as a rebuilding year whether fans like it or not.

Larry Kerger was saying on the radio that because Roman said that the QB position is "fluid" that might mean that the 49ers are looking for outside options. He said the name you have to watch the next two weeks would be Josh Johnson because Alex just doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough for WCO and Kaep is too raw.

although apparently Roman said that on August 3 the day before Alex started practicing.

On whether he's OK having QB Alex Smith and a couple of rookies at quarterback or do you expect the team bringing in a veteran at some point.

"We'll have to see how that goes. We'll have to see how that all plays out. I mean, that's hard to say right now, that's really hard to say. I think that's pretty fluid and we'll have to see how the guys that are on our team right now progress, but that's definitely something that we'll keep an eye on just like we will really at every position."
I think depending on which alex we see after the saints game, we sign someone.
But who's out there for the 49ers to sign and is experienced in WCO? it just creates more problems if they bring in a vet who has no experience in WCO because that QB will be even further behind than the current QBs are. I doubt the Bucs want to trade Johnson anywhere so the niners, despite the risk involved, may go with the 3 QBs they have now.

This is all Alex and hoping he doesn't get hurt because even if Alex stinks he's still starting.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
But who's out there for the 49ers to sign and is experienced in WCO? it just creates more problems if they bring in a vet who has no experience in WCO because that QB will be even further behind than the current QBs are. I doubt the Bucs want to trade Johnson anywhere so the niners, despite the risk involved, may go with the 3 QBs they have now.

This is all Alex and hoping he doesn't get hurt because even if Alex stinks he's still starting.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=156749

Some team will cut someone, or baalke will surprise us and make a trade.. has Orton ever run a WCO?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Some team will cut someone, or baalke will surprise us and make a trade.. has Orton ever run a WCO?

The Cardinals passed on Orton because they found him having serious problems in the redzone. I don't think Orton is the answer, especially when some draft picks are involved.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=156749

those are great options......Bulger is retired and never played WCO. Johnson isn't going anywhere the Bucs have no reason to trade him they have good depth in their team. They want to make the playoffs this year they won't weaken a strength for a 5th round pick.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Like Bulger he never ran the WCO and I honestly doubt Orton gets traded Tebow is a big risk and struggles in the pocket. Its a no-brainer to start Orton.
Share 49ersWebzone