LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 147 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
RT @HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers. > Very interesting.

f**k them, and f**k him if he goes there.

Ugh please God no.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
RT @HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers. > Very interesting.

for sure, that would hella shady if we left us for the damn rams.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Ugh please God no.

Or he will just get beat by Moss.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

It'll just be for money, if he does. And that should tell you a lot about a player's desire to win championships.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran

Ah....HELL NAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think he's as good as gone. Someone is going to pony up some serious guap, and I can't say I blame him for taking it. He's 31, and coming off his best season. This is probably his last opportunity to cash in. That said, if/when he departs, I say we make a serious run at Carr and just say NO to that bum Finnegan. He can't cover, can't tackle, can't fight, and looks like the a the missing cast member for Jersey Shore.

No. Thanks.

My hate for the rams just got alot deeper..
Originally posted by okdkid:

It'll just be for money, if he does. And that should tell you a lot about a player's desire to win championships.

yeah, that's kind of what i'm getting at. i like Rogers a lot but if he would rather be with the Rams then us then i lose some respect for him.

I have nothing against players making money, but, still.
so he'd be a flanker again. and he'd be the only WR one the field when we go to a 1 WR set. and he'd be on the field for all obvious running downs and plays. We rotate guys in and out and have so many packages that even if Morgan was listed as the #4 WR it would mean nothing. as happy as I am that we signed Moss, we all know he's not going to be the "#1 WR, primary target every snap" kind of player, and will be a role-player most likely. Morgan's role, which was still substantial even before Edwards injury, would likely be the same as it was last year.

but this is all academic, since he's going to be trying to catch passes from Tebow in Jacksonville this season.

So you think Morgan and Moss would split time at "#1", with Crabtree full-time at #2, Williams in the slot at #3?

I agree on Tebow. I think there's a possibility that Tebow goes to Jacksonville in exchange for Baline Gabbert. Gabbert backs up Manning for 2 years, starts in 2014...or keeps backing up/gets traded if Manning goes past '13.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
My hate for the rams just got alot deeper..

Yup. Was just thinking that same thing. I hope the Browns draft Blackmon on them too. Sick of the 24 hr Rams coverage going on right now.

Let him go to the Rams he won't have the same success he had here.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If Rogers leaves we are f**ked.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
so he'd be a flanker again. and he'd be the only WR one the field when we go to a 1 WR set. and he'd be on the field for all obvious running downs and plays. We rotate guys in and out and have so many packages that even if Morgan was listed as the #4 WR it would mean nothing. as happy as I am that we signed Moss, we all know he's not going to be the "#1 WR, primary target every snap" kind of player, and will be a role-player most likely. Morgan's role, which was still substantial even before Edwards injury, would likely be the same as it was last year.

but this is all academic, since he's going to be trying to catch passes from Tebow in Jacksonville this season.

So you think Morgan and Moss would split time at "#1", with Crabtree full-time at #2, Williams in the slot at #3?

I agree on Tebow. I think there's a possibility that Tebow goes to Jacksonville in exchange for Baline Gabbert. Gabbert backs up Manning for 2 years, starts in 2014...or keeps backing up/gets traded if Manning goes past '13.

no. first, i find the prospect of Moss being #1 highly dubious. He'll start, but, like I said, we rotate guys in and out, and Moss, especially at 35, will have a specific role. he certainly won't be a true #1. Morgan would have had a different role. They would all have packages they'd be a part of.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

yeah, that's kind of what i'm getting at. i like Rogers a lot but if he would rather be with the Rams then us then i lose some respect for him.

I have nothing against players making money, but, still.

The rams are a solid 3 years away from being a contender, terrible secondary, terrible wrs, terrible o line. Not to mention Steve Jackson is going down hill just like Gore. Without that DL and RB the rams are completely worthless.

I'll be furious if Rogers leaves us for money, but like you say the dude wants to cash in before he retires.
Originally posted by cNiner:
No way was beaten easaly and avoided contact too often .

What games were you watching? Brown was underrated all year long then down the stretch and in the playoffs this guy was money.
Share 49ersWebzone