Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
If Rogers leaves we are f**ked.

...ok.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
so he'd be a flanker again. and he'd be the only WR one the field when we go to a 1 WR set. and he'd be on the field for all obvious running downs and plays. We rotate guys in and out and have so many packages that even if Morgan was listed as the #4 WR it would mean nothing. as happy as I am that we signed Moss, we all know he's not going to be the "#1 WR, primary target every snap" kind of player, and will be a role-player most likely. Morgan's role, which was still substantial even before Edwards injury, would likely be the same as it was last year.

but this is all academic, since he's going to be trying to catch passes from Tebow in Jacksonville this season.

So you think Morgan and Moss would split time at "#1", with Crabtree full-time at #2, Williams in the slot at #3?

I agree on Tebow. I think there's a possibility that Tebow goes to Jacksonville in exchange for Baline Gabbert. Gabbert backs up Manning for 2 years, starts in 2014...or keeps backing up/gets traded if Manning goes past '13.

so hope Manning goes to Denver. It'll throw the Tebowmaniacs into a frenzy.

If Rogers leaves HE is f**ked
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

Nope.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
so he'd be a flanker again. and he'd be the only WR one the field when we go to a 1 WR set. and he'd be on the field for all obvious running downs and plays. We rotate guys in and out and have so many packages that even if Morgan was listed as the #4 WR it would mean nothing. as happy as I am that we signed Moss, we all know he's not going to be the "#1 WR, primary target every snap" kind of player, and will be a role-player most likely. Morgan's role, which was still substantial even before Edwards injury, would likely be the same as it was last year.

but this is all academic, since he's going to be trying to catch passes from Tebow in Jacksonville this season.

So you think Morgan and Moss would split time at "#1", with Crabtree full-time at #2, Williams in the slot at #3?

I agree on Tebow. I think there's a possibility that Tebow goes to Jacksonville in exchange for Baline Gabbert. Gabbert backs up Manning for 2 years, starts in 2014...or keeps backing up/gets traded if Manning goes past '13.

no. first, i find the prospect of Moss being #1 highly dubious. He'll start, but, like I said, we rotate guys in and out, and Moss, especially at 35, will have a specific role. he certainly won't be a true #1. Morgan would have had a different role. They would all have packages they'd be a part of.

Hess got it right. There is a reason why our top 3 WRS in Edwards, Crabtree, and Morgan only had 200 yards each through 5 games, we have a lot of versatile packages that involves rotation after rotation.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by okdkid:

Nope.

We have no replacement, he's the best cb we had since Prime.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

...ok.

Nope.

Originally posted by valrod33:

Rogers is f***ed - his success was based on our scheme then secondly his skill. If he leaves to a new system he will not enjoy anywhere near the same success as he did with us.
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
RT @HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers. > Very interesting.

f**k them, and f**k him if he goes there.

This. The NFL never ceases to amaze me. An otherwise underachieving player for his entire career moves to a team and a system that allows him to play the best football he ever has as a pro and now he looks to cash in? After one year?

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sfout:
Rogers is f***ed - his success was based on our scheme then secondly his skill. If he leaves to a new system he will not enjoy anywhere near the same success as he did with us.

He won't be f**ked because he will make millions.
Originally posted by sfout:
The rams are a solid 3 years away from being a contender, terrible secondary, terrible wrs, terrible o line. Not to mention Steve Jackson is going down hill just like Gore. Without that DL and RB the rams are completely worthless.

I'll be furious if Rogers leaves us for money, but like you say the dude wants to cash in before he retires.

This...I don't know if they are three years away as injuries really hindered their success and most should remember that they were the consensus favorites to win the division before the season last year. They got some solid young talent and are healthy again and have one of the best coaches in the NFL, so they are not as far in the rearview mirror as people may think. However you are right in that, they are not even close to being a super bowl team right now and they still do have some work to do on both ends of the ball so times like this really gauge a player's true desires. Carlos doesn't have many years left in the tank so does he want one last big payday or does he want a championship. He will not get both immediantly with the rams, thats for certain.

THIS
Originally posted by horsecore:
Matt Maiocco ‏ @MaioccoCSN
RT @HBalzer721 Hearing one of Rams targets in free agency is 49ers CB Carlos Rogers. > Very interesting.

f**k them, and f**k him if he goes there.

This. The NFL never ceases to amaze me. An otherwise underachieving player for his entire career moves to a team and a system that allows him to play the best football he ever has as a pro and now he looks to cash in? After one year?

i don't mind guys trying to cash in necessarily, but I just find it hard to believe that we didn't offer him a fair enough contract that, coupled with a chance at a championship, would have been an overall better deal. If we totally lowballed him then more power to him, but I find it hard to believe that we offered a "disrespectful" contract or anything.
Originally posted by horsecore:

He never underachieved in Washington. He was always a solid cover guy there, he just never had a bunch of interceptions like he did with us.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

1) You don't know that. The coaching staff likes Culliver. Any CB will look great with our front 7.
2) Free agency starts today.
3) There is still the draft.
4) We're not sure Rogers is just a product of our system.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

1) You don't know that. The coaching staff likes Culliver. Any CB will look great with our front 7.
2) Free agency starts today.
3) There is still the draft.
4) We're not sure Rogers is just a product of our system.

this
this
this
and this

Yes Rogers will make some cash but he could get cut a year or 2 down the road if he has no success in the system. Right now we have all of the leverage because of our well stocked CB depth and the fact it was his only good season that happend in our scheme with a top 3 defense.
Share 49ersWebzone