There are 230 users in the forums

49ers sign FB Jack Corcoran

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Maybe this is why they wanted to make Miller a FB?

lol

1 stiff arm vs how many career sacks/FFs?
Nice, very impressive.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Dude is just beastly!!! Hopefully they try him out on D first.

Dude looks slow as crap. thats why they want to make him a FB (IMO), I wonder if he has enough speed to play olb in the pros.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Jul 30, 2011 at 12:33:54 ]
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Dude looks slow as crap. thats why they want to make him a FB (IMO), I wonder if he has enough speed to play olb in the pros.

Guy is plenty fast enough... He clocked a 4.67 at UCF's pro day. On this particular play he had to change momentum and was slowed down when he stiff-armed someone, and then used his blockers to get to the end zone.

Make no mistake, Miller is a superb athlete in addition to having a tremendous football skill set.

Guy is plenty fast enough... He clocked a 4.67 at UCF's pro day. On this particular play he had to change momentum and was slowed down when he stiff-armed someone, and then used his blockers to get to the end zone.

Make no mistake, Miller is a superb athlete in addition to having a tremendous football skill set.

Gotcha, he looks hella big, almost lineman big, much bigger than Aldon smith looks so far.

I'm all for them trying him out on defense, I can't stand when coachest try to convert someone.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Like I said... he seems to be made for football. Guy has the instincts.

I hope he lights it up on special teams. He could end up as our best because Rathman is teaching him to block and he already has the ability to break through trash for tackles. Dude hits hard, too.

Gotcha, he looks hella big, almost lineman big, much bigger than Aldon smith looks so far.

I'm all for them trying him out on defense, I can't stand when coachest try to convert someone.

Especially a two-time defensive player of the year and school record hold for sacks, and a versatile guy who played at LB, DE, and DT at UCF during his career. He's exactly like Aldon Smith except he's white and doesn't have the size measurables.. (Aldon is 6-5 260, Bruce is 6-1 255 [perfect for TED really])
Under-the-radar fullback Jack Corcoran hoping to showcase more than stats at Rutgers Pro Day

Originally posted by ItsKapTime:
this is all i could find on him... lol

Sweet, he's the perfect FB for Alex Smith
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why did we waste a draft pick then on a project FB then?

does that mean Miller will stay on the defensive side of the ball..i hope so

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

I don't understand the three year deal. He couldnt even make the roster twice already.

Spend that money Baalke! Good job!
finally makin' a splash.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
why did we waste a draft pick then on a project FB then?

does that mean Miller will stay on the defensive side of the ball..i hope so

I really hope so too. Way too valuable defensively to put at freaking FB. I saw this kid play, he was uncontainable for UCF. Miller needs to be at LB. I don't care where you put him, just have him on defense.

A three year deal is no small deal.. if he was just going to be another PS guy or backup, it'd be a one or two year deal max. This is a starter-type deal. PLEASE MOVE BRUCE MILLER TO TED or WILL.

Yeah sign me up too. Glad to see a real FB onboard to compete with Moran. I never liked the idea of trying to convert Miller to FB with so little time to get it done. I look forward to seeing him on defense too.
He was quite an athlete in high school playing football and was an All-American wrestler at 215 lbs. This article talks about how he wasn't used in the Rutgers offense. Declining stats, but he looks like a good athlete. At worst another candidate for special teams who is worth a look in training camp.
Share 49ersWebzone