There are 467 users in the forums
Clements Released
Jul 27, 2011 at 3:52 PM
- Chief
- Veteran
- Posts: 28,272
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
Jul 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 66,677
Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
God I hope they restructure, hes still a good CB, well the best one we have at least. It would be interesting to see both Clements and Asoumgha together.
Jul 27, 2011 at 3:54 PM
- CrownJP
- Veteran
- Posts: 151
Originally posted by modninerfan:Originally posted by Gelder:Originally posted by TonyStarks:Originally posted by YungAce:Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I like this strategy.
EITHER NATE OR NNAMDI
OR
leggo Frank
and keep NATE AND GET NNAMDI
I hope that's the strategory.
frank and nnamdi
why the hell would we let go of frank and not sign another RB
Because we have big Dix.
I do .. I dont know about everybody though
I love Big Dix
Yes please ....


Jul 27, 2011 at 3:56 PM
- Tman
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,766
Originally posted by 49erWill:
that was pretty good going back and changing your post so we can all quote your edit
being a mod has its perks
Jul 27, 2011 at 3:57 PM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,436
Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
But the twitter feed is gospel.
It says he's being released! Everyone believes it!
In all seriousness, a restructure is a great idea. A Clements-Asomugha duo would be terrific, and Spencer is a great nickel back.
Jul 27, 2011 at 3:59 PM
- cwilson830
- Staff
- Posts: 5,501
Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
All the "experts" are taking back their earlier claims
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:01 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,071
Originally posted by fakers23:Originally posted by b9er37:
So... he was cut?
No
link?? source??
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:02 PM
- cwilson830
- Staff
- Posts: 5,501
@JasonLaCanfora 49ers have not informed Clements he will be released. Not saying he won't be a cap casualty at some point but nothing yet
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:03 PM
- Jakemall
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,798
Originally posted by OnTheClock:Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
But the twitter feed is gospel.It says he's being released! Everyone believes it!
In all seriousness, a restructure is a great idea. A Clements-Asomugha duo would be terrific, and Spencer is a great nickel back.
Thank you!!!
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:04 PM
- dwett
- Veteran
- Posts: 712
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
God I hope they restructure, hes still a good CB, well the best one we have at least. It would be interesting to see both Clements and Asoumgha together.
Oh yea!!! Imagine Clements with a FS rolled his way. Be aggressive, make plays that's all the coaching staff would be saying to him. Still feel he has the instincts and talent for that.
[ Edited by dwett on Jul 27, 2011 at 16:04:27 ]
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM
- LottOfDefense
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,752
Originally posted by dwett:Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by Chief:
He has NOT been released, they are working on a restructure.
God I hope they restructure, hes still a good CB, well the best one we have at least. It would be interesting to see both Clements and Asoumgha together.
Oh yea!!! Imagine Clements with a FS rolled his way. Be aggressive, make plays that's all the coaching staff would be saying to him. Still feel he has the instincts and talent for that.
Clements with FS help and allow Mays to play in the box on Aso' side.
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,280
Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers have not yet cut ties with CB Nate Clements.
Maiocco concedes that he's "back-pedaling" after initially reporting Clements had been informed of his release. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and ESPN's Adam Schefter both report Clements remains on the 49ers' roster and has not been told otherwise. Yet. Clements' $15 million in salary and bonuses is still extremely hefty for a cornerback whose performance is no longer elite. We'd still expect him to be cut if the 49ers "settle" for a corner like Johnathan Joseph if they don't land Nnamdi Asomugha.
Maiocco concedes that he's "back-pedaling" after initially reporting Clements had been informed of his release. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and ESPN's Adam Schefter both report Clements remains on the 49ers' roster and has not been told otherwise. Yet. Clements' $15 million in salary and bonuses is still extremely hefty for a cornerback whose performance is no longer elite. We'd still expect him to be cut if the 49ers "settle" for a corner like Johnathan Joseph if they don't land Nnamdi Asomugha.
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:25 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,071
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers have not yet cut ties with CB Nate Clements.
Maiocco concedes that he's "back-pedaling" after initially reporting Clements had been informed of his release. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and ESPN's Adam Schefter both report Clements remains on the 49ers' roster and has not been told otherwise. Yet. Clements' $15 million in salary and bonuses is still extremely hefty for a cornerback whose performance is no longer elite. We'd still expect him to be cut if the 49ers "settle" for a corner like Johnathan Joseph if they don't land Nnamdi Asomugha.
lol he's gonna get cut sooner than later, its a formality
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:47 PM
- GEEK
- Veteran
- Posts: 19,410
My guess is the 49ers want to wait until Nnamdi makes a decision on where he will play in 2011. If he signs with another team, then the 49ers may make a more serious effort to restructure Clements's contract.
If he signs with the 49ers, then Clements will get cut.
If he signs with the 49ers, then Clements will get cut.
Jul 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM
- Oakland-Niner
- Member
- Posts: 24,062
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:Originally posted by ads_2006:
Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area reports that the 49ers have not yet cut ties with CB Nate Clements.
Maiocco concedes that he's "back-pedaling" after initially reporting Clements had been informed of his release. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora and ESPN's Adam Schefter both report Clements remains on the 49ers' roster and has not been told otherwise. Yet. Clements' $15 million in salary and bonuses is still extremely hefty for a cornerback whose performance is no longer elite. We'd still expect him to be cut if the 49ers "settle" for a corner like Johnathan Joseph if they don't land Nnamdi Asomugha.
lol he's gonna get cut sooner than later, its a formality
I dont want him to be cut, just restructure. He and Nnamdi, plus Spencer is very solid. You need it in todays league.


