There are 233 users in the forums

Aldon Smith May Start Out As Nickel Rush Defensive End?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
And to that point, I would like to see them move him around more than a few snaps a game. I think Willis or Bowman could handle OLB duties a few snaps a game, it's not like they dont have to face lineman from the inside.

So you basically want us to switch to a 4-3 defense?

no, I want Vic to be creative.
wouldn't mind seeing bowman shift to the outside on some plays and aldon rushing as an inside linebacker. Confuse the offense.
I can't wait until this kid plays full time!!!
should of kept manny lawson and draft aldon smith then switched to 4-3.. bowman, willis, lawson then smith, sopoaga, mcdonald, and smith... would work great with run and pass defense.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he's gonna explode all over vick's face on sunday

eww
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
So far, I'm about as excited about Aldon's season to date performance as I was when I heard his name at #7 in the draft.
Yes, Aldon needs to be on the field bowman!! If he makes a mistake he ll make that mistake 100 mph
I meant to say now LOL
Originally posted by Niner915:
I meant to say now LOL

lol I was like wtf
that be awsome

I think Brooks and Haralson are doing a decent to good job of getting to the qb and holding that edge. Why rush Aldon Smith into it when he obviously needs time to learn play recognition for run support and coverage.
Originally posted by Shaj:
So far, I'm about as excited about Aldon's season to date performance as I was when I heard his name at #7 in the draft.

Just give him more opportunities. He's doing a good job.

he isn't seeing that much action right now
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niners94:

Just give him more opportunities. He's doing a good job.

I never hear his name called. I only remember his blocked pass in one game. no other plays jump out in my mind.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

he isn't seeing that much action right now

There's probably a reason for that.
Share 49ersWebzone