Colin Kaepernick's arm strength

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by susweel:
Uncle Rico > Kap

Deadly accurate too.

and he can throw a football over them mountains.

Only thing that concerns me is that sidearm short-armed release.

Rivers can do it, their have been severaly, side arm qbs that have found succes in the nfl.

Also colin arm power is amazing already, just think as he gets older his arm will only get stronger as he adds weight to his frame in the nfl!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Uncle Rico > Kap

Deadly accurate too.

Rivers can do it, their have been severaly, side arm qbs that have found succes in the nfl.

Also colin arm power is amazing already, just think as he gets older his arm will only get stronger as he adds weight to his frame in the nfl!

Its probably the strongest it will ever be. Ive played Quarterback for my entire life, and am looking to become a QB coach soon and I can tell you arm strength is not so much your weight, or actual strength, as it is arm speed and proper footwork. I was at a point where I lost zip and about 5 yards off my long ball after adding 15 pounds because my arm speed wasnt there anymore, until i figured it out and worked on it. But Im no Colin Kaepernick so take that for what its worth.

Whats amazing about Kaepernick is that his release isnt one of those snappy, quick releases, yet the ball rockets at an unbeleivable speed. Probably because of his height and, like the bios have mentioned, his backround as a pitcher.

Im a bit weary about his release translating to the NFL though. I know someone earlier mentioned it was the fastest, or timed the quickest or whatever. Thats just a combine stat though, like a 40 yard dash or the shuttle, etc. The way he telegraphs his pass scares me, especially since the NFL is about 10x faster than the WAC. But in Harbaugh I trust!!!
I can't wait to see what he can do if there is pre season.
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Uncle Rico > Kap

Deadly accurate too.

Its probably the strongest it will ever be. Ive played Quarterback for my entire life, and am looking to become a QB coach soon and I can tell you arm strength is not so much your weight, or actual strength, as it is arm speed and proper footwork. I was at a point where I lost zip and about 5 yards off my long ball after adding 15 pounds because my arm speed wasnt there anymore, until i figured it out and worked on it. But Im no Colin Kaepernick so take that for what its worth.

Whats amazing about Kaepernick is that his release isnt one of those snappy, quick releases, yet the ball rockets at an unbeleivable speed. Probably because of his height and, like the bios have mentioned, his backround as a pitcher.

Im a bit weary about his release translating to the NFL though. I know someone earlier mentioned it was the fastest, or timed the quickest or whatever. Thats just a combine stat though, like a 40 yard dash or the shuttle, etc. The way he telegraphs his pass scares me, especially since the NFL is about 10x faster than the WAC. But in Harbaugh I trust!!!

Maccio was at a couple of the workouts early when he threw a bit, and also at the combine, he says his motion has already been made much more compact by coaching before the senior bowl and combine. No longer elongated nearly as much, still comes out in a big hurry.

I thinik this guy is super coachable, he gonna be good...
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Uncle Rico > Kap

Deadly accurate too.

AS/49er reciever corps highlight film.

[ Edited by Blitz on Jun 15, 2011 at 21:23:47 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Not sure and don't care at this point. I want to see what his supposed arm strength translates into on the field when he eventually plays - that's the only thing that matters.
At the Manning football camp for QB's, Cap wowed them with his arm strength.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by DaveTheShocker:
Uncle Rico > Kap

Deadly accurate too.

Maccio was at a couple of the workouts early when he threw a bit, and also at the combine, he says his motion has already been made much more compact by coaching before the senior bowl and combine. No longer elongated nearly as much, still comes out in a big hurry.

I thinik this guy is super coachable, he gonna be good...

Give him my number the next time you see him. I need him to teach me how to perfect my crane kick technique.
his sidearm delivery will be an issue. Uncle Rico's I mean.

All I know is Jim Druckenmiller had the "uzi" and his arm was way stronger than Jake Plummers, yet if the niners selected Jake the snake over Drunkenmiller, the niners would have potentially had a better fit at qb.
Im glad he has a strong arm so it can't be used as an excuse, but it really doesn't matter right now. He needs to learn the timing routes, then the 'over-the-top' throws will be incorporated.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
his sidearm delivery will be an issue. Uncle Rico's I mean.

If Tebow can fix his throwing motion so can Uncle Rico. I have faith in Uncle Rico's work ethic.
who gives a f**k about his arm strength? One of the most overrated stats in football. How about his accuracy? Or his timing? Folks get way too into how far someone can throw the ball, but in the West Coast, it is not as important as accurately placing the ball where the receiver has room to do his thing.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
who gives a f**k about his arm strength? One of the most overrated stats in football. How about his accuracy? Or his timing? Folks get way too into how far someone can throw the ball, but in the West Coast, it is not as important as accurately placing the ball where the receiver has room to do his thing.
Share 49ersWebzone