There are 146 users in the forums

MIA David Carr

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why isn't David Carr running workouts and team meetings? How does he let a free agent out play him in the off season? I've never heard the guy say he wants or expects to play. I remember Steve Young Foaming at the mouth every bad pass from Montana. Just strange to have a signed QB get punked by a free agent. And also surprised that Alex Smith and Josh Morgan turn out to be our Niner leaders, not Frank Gore or Vernon Davis. I guess David Carr doesn't get it.
Originally posted by foundone:
Why isn't David Carr running workouts and team meetings? How does he let a free agent out play him in the off season? I've never heard the guy say he wants or expects to play. I remember Steve Young Foaming at the mouth every bad pass from Montana. Just strange to have a signed QB get punked by a free agent. And also surprised that Alex Smith and Josh Morgan turn out to be our Niner leaders, not Frank Gore or Vernon Davis. I guess David Carr doesn't get it.

He's lucky he is still on the roster.
Under Walsh, I remember the Chron headlines when Bono stepped in for Joe Montana, "It's Bono, Oh, No!" Then on Monday, "Bono's like Joe!"

If Harbaugh meets expectations, maybe he'll make make Carr look good too . . .
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Under Walsh, I remember the Chron headlines when Bono stepped in for Joe Montana, "It's Bono, Oh, No!" Then on Monday, "Bono's like Joe!"

If Harbaugh meets expectations, maybe he'll make make Carr look good too . . .

I like it!!! Carr can be a decent backup. Yeah he looked bad last year vs CAR, but Carr has looked better
I don't think he will be here.

1) Smith
2) Kap
3) Who? FA? When lockout ends?
i thought we were lucky enough to ship him to the dolphins... fml
Maybe it's because David Carr knows that David Carr isn't going to be apart of anybody's plans the moment the lockout ends (and FA begins).
Originally posted by YungAce:
i thought we were lucky enough to ship him to the dolphins... fml
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Maybe it's because David Carr knows that David Carr isn't going to be apart of anybody's plans the moment the lockout ends (and FA begins).

he could still make himself look good incase another team wants him.. maybe we can trade him to the deadskins, they always seem to like 49er trash.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he will be here.

1) Smith
2) Kap
3) Who? FA? When lockout ends?

the lockout will never end!!!!

I thought he said yesterday he expects to compete for the starting job?
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
I thought he said yesterday he expects to compete for the starting job?

he has said something like that recently, which is funny because even no names like "john beck" in washington are stepping up and leading team activities.. Carr isn't doing anything except posing for pictures.
If anything hes doing us a favor by not participating in any activities hes a bum just like Smith hopefully soon he'll get his walking papers that way we can make room for a veteran QB who actually can bal unlike this fool.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
If anything hes doing us a favor by not participating in any activities hes a bum just like Smith hopefully soon he'll get his walking papers that way we can make room for a veteran QB who actually can bal unlike this fool.

Hate to break it to you... there isn't a veteran QB who can ball on the market that is willing to come to the bay. The new coach moved up in the second round to hand pick his QB... no one planning to start for more than a season will sign with us. So it's either move on with what we have or sign a vet who can't ball.
I have to feel sorry for dude I just shake my head and wonder how did he get on the team
Share 49ersWebzone