LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Team Workouts Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
MaioccoCSN: Draft pick Bruce Miller, DE turned FB, makes his first appearance at 49ers' Camp Alex.

Interesting..I wonder how he'll pan out as a converted FB?

He seems like a Harbaugh type guy--good all around athlete who is intense and physical. Will be willing to sacrifice his body for the team. If he doesn't work out they didn't waste much, if he does well it will look like a great move.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
top 5 pick here we come.

Do you think that for real, or are you just being you?

that hurts. you broke my heart janitor.

but for real, yea, we're going 5-11 @ best.

Why do you think so?

Note, I'm not saying I disagree, I just want to know your reasons.

same s**tty QB + new system + lockout = disaster.

Correction

Same QB + new system + lockout + Harbaugh/Roman = Slim Chance of winning the NFC West.

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

lockout cant touch Jim Harbaugh

Thought Lockout was banned?!

Lol.

I remember when I was an optimistic fan. Chances are we don't do great. I would be happy with 8-8 for where our team is right now.

Or you can look at it this way;

Last year we had four plays in the playbook, which every team knew, anticipated and it was recognizable. We still where in contention for the NFC West.

This year we will have at least triple that, which no team knows, wont anticipate and is deceptively recognizable.

That's got to be worth at least an extra 2 to 3 wins. 9 Ws should do it...

That's just it. Harbaugh/Roman will maneuver our offense in ways we haven't seen in 11 years. The WCO that they will run will be based on the match ups. Just like Vernon has mentioned in the articles, he will not just "sit" in a zone anymore.

Instead, that mofo would cut up field and beat the zone. Davis can do it, too.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!
Originally posted by FreddyG:
would you guys rather us go 8-8, 7-9 and miss the playoffs or go 1-15 and get the first pick?

I could never root against my team, even with Luck on the table.

The more wins the better.
Quote:
bmiller_49 (Bruce Miller)

I know I was a little late... but a great day today at camp alex! Nice to finally make it out here!
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
would you guys rather us go 8-8, 7-9 and miss the playoffs or go 1-15 and get the first pick?

I could never root against my team, even with Luck on the table.

The more wins the better.

Especially if the last one is in February.
Quote:
MBachCSN: Alex Smith says got a big "chunk" of offense covered in this camp tho no red zone, 3rd down or 2 min drills.
Quote:
MBachCSN: Alex Smith says got a big "chunk" of offense covered in this camp tho no red zone, 3rd down or 2 min drills.

Only one of the key areas we had problems last year.
Originally posted by sdninerfan:
Quote:

Better that he left that for the coach.
Quote:
MBachCSN: Smith started last day of camp by giving teammates a quiz for prizes if answered ?s on playbook right; said Kevin Jurovich "won".

Quote:
MBachCSN: Smith wouldn't reveal what the prizes were only said "they liked it"
Quote:

Maybe with Harbaugh the Niners will have less third and nines and more third and twos.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
top 5 pick here we come.

Do you think that for real, or are you just being you?

that hurts. you broke my heart janitor.

but for real, yea, we're going 5-11 @ best.

Why do you think so?

Note, I'm not saying I disagree, I just want to know your reasons.

same s**tty QB + new system + lockout = disaster.

Correction

Same QB + new system + lockout + Harbaugh/Roman = Slim Chance of winning the NFC West.

I said slim.

Were going 12-4

lockout cant touch Jim Harbaugh

Thought Lockout was banned?!

Lol.

I remember when I was an optimistic fan. Chances are we don't do great. I would be happy with 8-8 for where our team is right now.

Or you can look at it this way;

Last year we had four plays in the playbook, which every team knew, anticipated and it was recognizable. We still where in contention for the NFC West.

This year we will have at least triple that, which no team knows, wont anticipate and is deceptively recognizable.

That's got to be worth at least an extra 2 to 3 wins. 9 Ws should do it..

That's just it. Harbaugh/Roman will maneuver our offense in ways we haven't seen in 11 years. The WCO that they will run will be based on the match ups. Just like Vernon has mentioned in the articles, he will not just "sit" in a zone anymore.

Instead, that mofo would cut up field and beat the zone. Davis can do it, too.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!

The bolded part above really says what I believe. An innovative and aggressive HC (on both side of the ball) is light years ahead of the plodding and conservative style and approach we have suffered watching the last six yaers.

I believe that we have enough horses and plenty of good and qualified coaches that we will all get to experience a real thril as the TEAM starts to realize its potential.

Go Niners!
Quote:

Umm... this is a player run practice. lets leve the specialized things to the real coaches. The most important thing these guys should have got outta this is what the plays are and their basic responsibilities. We will get a full camp to deal with the rest.
Transcript of Smith interview re: workouts:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/07/01/49ers-qb-alex-smith-reflects-on-camp-alex-kaepernicks-progress-and-nfl-labor-outlook/
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Quote:

Umm... this is a player run practice. lets leve the specialized things to the real coaches. The most important thing these guys should have got outta this is what the plays are and their basic responsibilities. We will get a full camp to deal with the rest.

this

2 min drill red zone and 3rd down are most important and complex

better leave it to the coaches good call by alex and the players there
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Quote:

this

2 min drill red zone and 3rd down are most important and complex

better leave it to the coaches good call by alex and the players there

Ideally, yes I agree. But at this point we don't know what type of practice or training camp we will have. I also agree that the first step is understanding the playbook and formations and installing the base, or primary offensive sets. I'm just expressing an overall concern that this is an area where the team has struggled and has yet to work on it. The lockout is driving me mad.
Share 49ersWebzone