There are 215 users in the forums

Team Workouts Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm excited to hear about the left side of our line (Staley & Iupati), but what the heck is our right side doing (Chilo & Davis).

In my opinion, the jury is still way out on our last three drafts. I can't say that I'm that excited. I'm starting to feel like we've had a lot of misses since Willis.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Am I the only one ready for some fricken football!!!!!????

Yes.

Stupid lockout.
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yes.

Stupid lockout.

The only good news to come out of this lockout is that I now realize I need to get a life.........seriously...

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 30, 2011 at 13:02:03 ]
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yes.

Stupid lockout.

The only good news to come out of this lockout is that I now realize I need to get a life.........seriously...

As do we all!
Has anyone heard anything about Aldon Smith? It seems like I've been hearing a lot about Kaepernick but not Aldon.
I'm excited to hear about the left side of our line (Staley & Iupati), but what the heck is our right side doing (Chilo & Davis).

In my opinion, the jury is still way out on our last three drafts. I can't say that I'm that excited. I'm starting to feel like we've had a lot of misses since Willis.

Dunno about Chilo but Davis is in pretty good shape from what i've read. He was at the first Alex Camp but had to deal with legal stuff on the east coast so he isn't making this one.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Whomeam:

Dunno about Chilo but Davis is in pretty good shape from what i've read. He was at the first Alex Camp but had to deal with legal stuff on the east coast so he isn't making this one.

Legal stuff ???

is he getting sued for impersonating a first round pick.

jk
Originally posted by susweel:

Legal stuff ???

jk

Daaaaaaamn that's cold as ice.

But he is getting sued :D

Legal stuff ???

jk

That was a good one Sus
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Legal stuff ???

jk

That was a good one Sus

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Legal stuff ???

jk

That was a good one Sus

• dj43
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by eastie:
Leadership is measured when your down 4 points with 3 minutes left in the game and you get the W. Right now this is nothing more then a practice organizer.

Your right, the player has yet to show any true leadership.

Quote:

Clearly, the two of you are not leaders. If you were you would know that instigating an orgainzed activity such as AS has done, is leadership in action. Leadership comes in many ways, this being one of them.
Who cares if he organized a camp? A second string QB could have had the leadership to do this, that does not make him a good QB or an improved QB. He's also desperate to save face on his embarrassing career. I am rooting for him to do well but all of this excitement over Alex Smiths recently discovered scrotum is not only stupid because it means little on the field, but we've been fooled by this exact same rhetoric last year and we started out 0-5

The player is being a good team mate. The player is not in the long term future of the team. CK is who the fans should be focusing on, he is our future. Its good to see CK Skipping this rookie crap so he can start taking control of his team.
I join with all who hope that 10 years from now Colin Kaepernick will be sporting a Super Bowl ring or two as the 49er QB. However, there is a LOT of wishful thinking going on right now.

This year was acknowledged as being a down year for college QBs and CK was only the 6th best drafted this season. Looking at history, the odds of someone other than a #1 draft pick, or someone in the top 5 at his position, getting to the Super Bowl, or even the Pro Bowl are not very good.

In short, we can hope all we want, and hope springs eternal, but based on history, we should avoid disappointment but not setting our hopes too high. Let's see how long it actually takes him to get on the field before we get all over ourselves.

Cool. We still are exited to see him play. He has a wicked arm and is known for leadership. Being a fan is always about finding that next great QB. I'm not saying we have him in CK, but it is going to be fun watching him grow and play. This board will go nuts during pre season if Kaep shows some ability.

Names like Clayton and Sheets come to mind.

You and I go into this KNOWING that any little positive thing about Kap will make many here go through the roof with exaggerated talks of greatness. It's just gonna happen, and we all know why.

For the people like us, we will keep it real and let Kap earn his wings. I for one want nothing but positives of and for him, as I am sure you do as well. So let us not minimize or maximize unfairly. We just gotta sift through the BS knowing what is to come... what may come... and why it is there if it is.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by RichmondPete:
Originally posted by eastie:
Leadership is measured when your down 4 points with 3 minutes left in the game and you get the W. Right now this is nothing more then a practice organizer.

Your right, the player has yet to show any true leadership.

Quote:

Clearly, the two of you are not leaders. If you were you would know that instigating an orgainzed activity such as AS has done, is leadership in action. Leadership comes in many ways, this being one of them.
Who cares if he organized a camp? A second string QB could have had the leadership to do this, that does not make him a good QB or an improved QB. He's also desperate to save face on his embarrassing career. I am rooting for him to do well but all of this excitement over Alex Smiths recently discovered scrotum is not only stupid because it means little on the field, but we've been fooled by this exact same rhetoric last year and we started out 0-5

The player is being a good team mate. The player is not in the long term future of the team. CK is who the fans should be focusing on, he is our future. Its good to see CK Skipping this rookie crap so he can start taking control of his team.
I join with all who hope that 10 years from now Colin Kaepernick will be sporting a Super Bowl ring or two as the 49er QB. However, there is a LOT of wishful thinking going on right now.

This year was acknowledged as being a down year for college QBs and CK was only the 6th best drafted this season. Looking at history, the odds of someone other than a #1 draft pick, or someone in the top 5 at his position, getting to the Super Bowl, or even the Pro Bowl are not very good.

In short, we can hope all we want, and hope springs eternal, but based on history, we should avoid disappointment but not setting our hopes too high. Let's see how long it actually takes him to get on the field before we get all over ourselves.

Cool. We still are exited to see him play. He has a wicked arm and is known for leadership. Being a fan is always about finding that next great QB. I'm not saying we have him in CK, but it is going to be fun watching him grow and play. This board will go nuts during pre season if Kaep shows some ability.

So do names like Vernon Davis, P.Willis, Crabtree, Gore, Iupati, and Soap, Franklin, Lee, and the other solid players we drafted.....
Originally posted by oldman9er:

You and I go into this KNOWING that any little positive thing about Kap will make many here go through the roof with exaggerated talks of greatness. It's just gonna happen, and we all know why.

For the people like us, we will keep it real and let Kap earn his wings. I for one want nothing but positives of and for him, as I am sure you do as well. So let us not minimize or maximize unfairly. We just gotta sift through the BS knowing what is to come... what may come... and why it is there if it is.

"exaggerated talks of greatness."

thats what being a fan is about.
Share 49ersWebzone