LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Team Workouts Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Rookie Johnson getting by with help from 49er friends

Great to see Mays and another person doing what they can to help Johnson, going so far as to pay for flights back and forth when he can't afford it. Good stuff!

lol im sure we can say alex smith is helping johnson paying for his flights is acceptable to say

Shhh, not too loud... it'll turn into another one of "those" threads.

I just stopped mentioning him by name because someone will eventually start up the haterade.
We have the worst turnout of all the teams in the league....
Slow news cycle. Really slow.
Wow...forget about what he's done on the field, Alex Smith is a f**king class act and a half.
As much as I hate some of Alex Smith's play on the field, the guy is a class act, and knows and cares about football.

The guy will most likely be a great coach someday if he pursues it. Not sure if he will be a great QB though...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
As much as I hate some of Alex Smith's play on the field, the guy is a class act, and knows and cares about football.

The guy will most likely be a great coach someday if he pursues it. Not sure if he will be a great QB though...

Ahem.
Originally posted by Baugh_Area:
Wow...forget about what he's done on the field, Alex Smith is a f**king class act and a half.

I agree completely. He seems to be a great guy and he's somebody you want to see succeed. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened for various reasons. I can't stand all the excuses made for him, but he has, at times, shown he is capable of running the offense and is looking like the best option available outside of a trade whenever the lockout ends.

Doing things like this, basically rallying the team (at least some of them), and financially supporting these get-togethers for the benefit of a team with a fanbase that has grown impatient with him is something most people would not even think about doing. If his play on the field was anywhere near his play off the field, he'd be a perennial league MVP.

I know people don't want to talk about him and that's fine, but what he's doing should be acknowledged, in my opinion. He has a LOT to do with the team's offseason workouts, obviously.
[ Edited by 49erRider on May 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Janitor:

Ahem.

Quarterbacking was not his calling, i think it was philanthropy ....
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Ahem.

At least he gave up on shaping his eyebrows.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Ahem.

No wonder hes less aerodynamic when he runs

Ahem.

lol that could be why he is slower now, or the extra weight makes his head tilt back so his throws go high.

back on topic though, I wonder when Gore will be joining in? I know he has the hip injury and all but I'm wondering how far along he is.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on May 27, 2011 at 6:16 PM ]

Ahem.

lol that could be why he is slower now, or the extra weight makes his head tilt back so his throws go high.

Kaepernick throwing with teammates!!!

Ahem.

That would explain why he's always giving away the ball......
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Kaepernick throwing with teammates!!!

Share 49ersWebzone