LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

Maiocco's mailbag: add QB's Josh Johnson, Froman to mix...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I could see Harbaugh wanting him here this year to get familiar with the players here and the Harbaugh WCO system again. Also in case Alex Smith doesn't sign, gets injured early in the season or leaves next year. Either way it can't hurt having him instead of Carr.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I could see Harbaugh wanting him here this year to get familiar with the players here and the Harbaugh WCO system again. Also in case Alex Smith doesn't sign, gets injured early in the season or leaves next year. Either way it can't hurt having him instead of Carr.

Yep Trade Carr and a 4rth round pick and let them throw it out.....
I was a lot more excited for this guy pre Kaep draft.
I dont see an issue with him coming this yr. This is Alex's last yr as period. This will be his audition for Fa. Unless of course he is just outstanding. This way you will have 2 young QB's ready for next yr.
JJ is marshawn lynchs cousin

Swag
I can't help but think of Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago, every time I see this guys name. Anybody else?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Smith and Kaep get no playing time in a Niner uniform if Josh Johnson is on our team.....

josh johnson is horrible why do you think they drafted Freemen.

Wrong offense......didnt fit his style of play......but JH's WCO....now thats what he needs to succeed.

I cant believe I'm gonna say this but, rather have Alex than Josh.
Hope we get Kyle Orton

I just want some serious competition and for the best option to win.

Agreed, the more competition we have at the position, the better off the team will be. It will make the winner have to work hard to win the spot, and make every one of them at least try to raise their level of play. Win/Win situation in my humble opinion.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I can't help but think of Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago, every time I see this guys name. Anybody else?

Very good knowledge. Ferris Bueller riff from the 80's.
does anyone else think we'll cut Carr and add a real veteran QB? Marc Bulger to mentor Kap?
Originally posted by Harbaugh52:
does anyone else think we'll cut Carr and add a real veteran QB? Marc Bulger to mentor Kap?

Dont need one, We have Harbaugh as our vet QB.

I'm not on the Josh Johnson bandwagon.
I've been on this bandwagon for months.

He knows the system and will be the best bet for this year.

I hope we used Alex Smith to teach everyone the playbook and then don't resign him.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

I hope we used Alex Smith to teach everyone the playbook and then don't resign him.

That would be a totally douchebag move, lol. That how they roll in Jersey?
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

That would be a totally douchebag move, lol. That how they roll in Jersey?

Hahaha. I agree it would be a d-bag move but I'm just so tired of what this QB setback has put the team through that I feel it would be quasi-justified.
^

A jaded Alex could then just feed Harbaugh's playbook to any and every other team he wanted to. Could really cause problems for us... which is one huge reason why everyone was surprised he gave an un-signed FA the playbook to begin with.
Share 49ersWebzone