LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 172 users in the forums

Maiocco's mailbag: add QB's Josh Johnson, Froman to mix...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Watching Stanford play last year,Luck had some bootleg plays design for him. .All 4 qbs. fit the mold on how Harbaugh runs his version of the WCO/Spread system.I like it if it turn out that way..
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Smith and Kaep get no playing time in a Niner uniform if Josh Johnson is on our team.....

josh johnson is horrible why do you think they drafted Freemen.

this
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
RAD!

That's exactly what I would like to see happen. I hope it works out like that.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
If I recall correctly, that was the 3 QBs (Smith, Kaep, JJ) he's been saying since before the draft. Not a big surprise he still says it. But JJ is determined by TB and how much they'd take for him. I still wouldn't go higher then a 5th Rd. pick. And why give up much for him? He's slated to be a FA after next season I believe.

5th sounds right. Thats where JJ was drafted but so I doubt Bucs will agree to trade for that.
Smith and Kaep get no playing time in a Niner uniform if Josh Johnson is on our team.....

Wrong offense......didnt fit his style of play......but JH's WCO....now thats what he needs to succeed.

if you wanna believe that then ok. i live by Tampa and watched all of his games, not by choice, he sucks.

Shoot......agree to disagree.....thats what this site is for right.

really its just fact vs opinion but its cool

Fact = Harbaugh likes Josh Johnson
Fans opinion (yours) = Johnson sucks
Who's right?
Originally posted by maxsmart:

Wrong offense......didnt fit his style of play......but JH's WCO....now thats what he needs to succeed.

if you wanna believe that then ok. i live by Tampa and watched all of his games, not by choice, he sucks.

Who's right?

do you mean alex?

since harbaugh came to 49ers he hasnt said one work about JJ
Originally posted by Yetiman:
"Q: Think Niners will go with the Kaep'n as Alex's backup or will we bring in another veteran arm? @CollectivSol

My answer: The 49ers plan to take four quarterbacks to training camp. If you were to ask me which four quarterbacks the 49ers would want in camp, I'd tell you: Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson (somehow acquired in a trade with Tampa Bay) and Adam Froman (to be signed as an undrafted free agent once they're allowed to do so.) That is pure speculation, of course. But it seems to make sense to me. That way there could be some form of competition for each of the three spots, and the undrafted rookie would have a chance to stick on the practice squad, too."

Interesting conjecture by Maiocco...he's got a lot of contacts within the organization and an overall feel for whats going on at 49ers HQ. I'd really like to see this happen.

What happens to David Carr?
  • evil
  • Veteran

My best guess = Harbaugh likes Josh Johnson
Who's right?

Fixed.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Who's right?

do you mean alex?

he cant talk about players that are under contract with another team, thats tampering
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Who's right?

do you mean alex?

Think of the word tampering.

If Harbaugh talks about a player on another team, a player with a contract with another team, that is, I am sure, a big no no!!!

Harbaugh will not say, can not say, anything in public about Josh Johnson as long as Josh Johnson is on another team.

Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by Yetiman:
"Q: Think Niners will go with the Kaep'n as Alex's backup or will we bring in another veteran arm? @CollectivSol

My answer: The 49ers plan to take four quarterbacks to training camp. If you were to ask me which four quarterbacks the 49ers would want in camp, I'd tell you: Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson (somehow acquired in a trade with Tampa Bay) and Adam Froman (to be signed as an undrafted free agent once they're allowed to do so.) That is pure speculation, of course. But it seems to make sense to me. That way there could be some form of competition for each of the three spots, and the undrafted rookie would have a chance to stick on the practice squad, too."

Interesting conjecture by Maiocco...he's got a lot of contacts within the organization and an overall feel for whats going on at 49ers HQ. I'd really like to see this happen.

What happens to David Carr?

Hey, someone gives a sh#t about what happens to Carr!!! I'm guessing, he sets up a car dealership or insurance brokerage. Soon

Freeman is a better QB, but that doesn't mean JJ is "horrible." What kind of logic is that, dude???
i thin johnson would be a good backup
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Freeman is a better QB, but that doesn't mean JJ is "horrible." What kind of logic is that, dude???

so if a team has a good QB, or whatever you wanna say about johnson, its a good idea to draft a QB in the first round.........
Froman has some skills. I think he would throw the best long ball on the team. I'm all for bringing in as much talent at QB as we can. Lets figure this s**t out! With Kaep JJ and Froman on the squad AS probably wouldn't even make the team. The first chink in JH's armor is trying to bring back the coach killer. I just hope he weather's the storm.
Share 49ersWebzone