LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Going up against Nate Solder and others in his first year.

How can you watch that clip and not be like DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

Most explosive pass-rusher behind Von Miller. I was happy when this pick was made originally, now I'm damn near ecstatic, this guy is a f**king beast!
Robert Quinn after setting out a year would be a reach. Aldon Smith is a big time player. Having lived in Missouri for quite a few years in the past, I have friends who are big Mizzou fans and they say this guy is a tremendous, disruptive pass rusher. Had he not hurt his leg last year early in the season, they (my friends) said he would have been top 1 or 2 drafted. JMO (or my friends opinions)
Nothing we can do now but wait to see him play. I'm sure the front office has more info on him than we do considering most of our info comes from reading bazillions of mock drafts written by questionable sports "authorities"..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
49ers San Francisco 49ers

Listen to Aldon Smith's conference call with #49ers media http://bit.ly/iUxJ9U #SFdraft
Originally posted by Sourball:
Robert Quinn after setting out a year would be a reach. Aldon Smith is a big time player. Having lived in Missouri for quite a few years in the past, I have friends who are big Mizzou fans and they say this guy is a tremendous, disruptive pass rusher. Had he not hurt his leg last year early in the season, they (my friends) said he would have been top 1 or 2 drafted. JMO (or my friends opinions)
Nothing we can do now but wait to see him play. I'm sure the front office has more info on him than we do considering most of our info comes from reading bazillions of mock drafts written by questionable sports "authorities"..

He played the entire season with basically a broken leg. That's heart and determination right there. Haven't been this excited about a guy since Patrick Willis!
i hope i'm proven wrong by a. smith but that hardly happens to me
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Going up against Nate Solder and others in his first year.

Nice! This kid looks freaking amazing! I know he's young, but he definitely looks like someone who can get to the pass rusher and make plays all over the field.

I'm definitely excited about this guy. Good pick!
If Aldon Smith pans out into a big time pass rushing threat next to P-Willis...it's f**king game over on the Defensive side.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i hope i'm proven wrong by a. smith but that hardly happens to me

that just means you make a lot of safe predictions. bravo.
I will be extremely disappointed if we trade this pick for Kolb.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Eric Branch said either Baalke or Harbaugh said they will not be trading
Aldon Smith

now if they lied, thats f**ked up

Same here. And it's not because I don't wanna give up Smith (I actually like the pick), its because there is no way in hell that Kolb is worth the 7th pick...
Aldon is gonna get it in!!

Originally posted by niner4life21:

Same here. And it's not because I don't wanna give up Smith (I actually like the pick), its because there is no way in hell that Kolb is worth the 7th pick...

I dont think Kolb is worth any pick. And also if we picked him up, wouldnt we have to sign him to an extension as well?
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
If Aldon Smith pans out into a big time pass rushing threat next to P-Willis...it's f**king game over on the Defensive side.

That's nice and dandy, but if we have nobody to play QB, we are doomed!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:

That's nice and dandy, but if we have nobody to play QB, we are doomed!

Who would you have drafted at 7 to play QB? 49ers are fine where they are, if they can leap in at the last second and snag Dalton, great, if not, well Stanzi's going to be on the board, along with other QBs that Harbaugh can work with.
Share 49ersWebzone