LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
ROFL!! I love how the zone is usually WRONG!! ROFL!!! And the overreaction is hilarious as usual.

It's simple. The 49ers DO NOT HAVE A PASS RUSH. End of story. LOL! Everyone is hammering Baalke but this is absolutely 100% what Fangio saw on film AND his comments about our starting so-called outside LBs. Just because you arm-chair GMs didn't scout this guy, that's up to you. Clearly Prince is over-rated because we're not the only team passing on him.

Again, the 49ers will be stronger at the LOS.

Clearly Aaron Rogers is overrated cuz 21 teams passed on him.
Prince Amununchuku is still on the board at Pick 16...........but he was clearly deserving of being picked 7 right?

The Zone strikes again.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
unexpected but at least the niners have a pass rusher now.

dude had 5 sacks last year

Dude played with a broken leg last year.

ALDONscuses

LOL
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Weak ass high light reel.....he runs like Frankenstein.....

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Amukamara still on the board

wow.. poor at Amukamara...
I was watching an interview with Aldon Smith and I really like him, I just honestly thought Patrick Peterson would be there. Scouts Inc. had Aldon going to AZ, so there is def something there. When he was healthy and played he was dominate on a subpar Mizzo team. He reminds me of Demarcus Ware, and seems like a good smart kid. I think we should trade back up and get Amukamara and this pick would make even more sense.
Prince Amununchuku is still on the board at Pick 16...........but he was clearly deserving of being picked 7 right?

The Zone strikes again.

Exactly. Damn, why weren't some of the Zoners hired as GMs and coaches? I'd love to know why..
McShay had Aldon Smith going to ARZ at #5
  • mod
  • Veteran
Patriots picked Nate solder lol shows what we know
Originally posted by niner4life21:

The Zone strikes again.

Exactly. Damn, why weren't some of the Zoners hired as GMs and coaches? I'd love to know why..

i still think hes a beast great at man coverage

Meh
Hey look, another team passes up on Amuareyoutalkingtome?

Also the guy comparing this to Aaron Rodgers is way offbase, Rodgers fell because there wasn't a huge need for QB's that year. Neither Ponder nor Locker would have been a 1st round pick in that draft.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Looks like an anorexic manny Lawson!

Manny Lawson was 6'5" and 240 lbs. when he came out.

Aldon Smith is 6'4" and 263....and growing.

Not comparable at all.
NFL.com coverage said Patriots were high on Aldon Smith for their pick... not a bad sign.
Mark Ingram is still the Board.... I hope the 49ers must jump to draft him?!! plsss
Share 49ersWebzone