LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Round 1, #7, the San Francisco 49ers selects Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mug0mug:
McShay had Aldon Smith going to ARZ at #5

Anyone who wasn't sitting around masturbating to photos of Amukamara, Blaine Gabbert and Quinn isn't really all that upset about this. Smith is a great pick, who's going to have good coaching that will be able to exploit his immense physical talents.
This thread reminds me why I stopped coming here (and it's the first one I've read since coming back).
Originally posted by Milkman:
NFL.com coverage said Patriots were high on Aldon Smith for their pick... not a bad sign.

No way, 49ers should have traded back to the 3rd round and drafted him there.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Anyone who wasn't sitting around masturbating to photos of Amukamara, Blaine Gabbert and Quinn isn't really all that upset about this. Smith is a great pick, who's going to have good coaching that will be able to exploit his immense physical talents.

I have no problem with the pick at all, we needed a pass rusher, perfect.

He will be better than Von Miller.
WHy do we as fans have to b***h and complain and act as if we know better than professionals who do this for a living?

Why can't we just accept that we picked a very talented and good player at a position of HIGH NEED, and be excited for the season?
The more I see Amukamara slide the more i think we should trade up.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Looks like an anorexic manny Lawson!

Manny Lawson was 6'5" and 240 lbs. when he came out.

Aldon Smith is 6'4" and 263....and growing.

Not comparable at all.

I agree it. Aldon Smith is not compared to manny lawson.. Aldon Smith is very young at Soph if he is stay in college for next year then probably the top #3?.. cuz my rare friends think that.. i was like.. hmm.. wait and see.. honestly.. i am very shock and what!! cuz the 49ers draft him.. i just accept it and no matter what.. i feel like mature enough anyway..
Originally posted by Multibomber:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
ROFL!! I love how the zone is usually WRONG!! ROFL!!! And the overreaction is hilarious as usual.

It's simple. The 49ers DO NOT HAVE A PASS RUSH. End of story. LOL! Everyone is hammering Baalke but this is absolutely 100% what Fangio saw on film AND his comments about our starting so-called outside LBs. Just because you arm-chair GMs didn't scout this guy, that's up to you. Clearly Prince is over-rated because we're not the only team passing on him.

Again, the 49ers will be stronger at the LOS.

Clearly Aaron Rogers is overrated cuz 21 teams passed on him.

23 teams....he was a number 24 pick....
I'm with it! It's an insider pick not a mainstream pick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

Aldon Smith: "I bring some more sacks. Some energy … the sky’s the limit for me. And I’m going to work hard to reach it.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Going up against Nate Solder and others in his first year.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I have no problem with the pick at all, we needed a pass rusher, perfect.

He will be better than Von Miller.

He might be a better pass rusher, but he'll definitely be a better all around player.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The more I see Amukamara slide the more i think we should trade up.

I know right? He aint getting past the Giants though.
http://www.freep.com/article/20110428/SPORTS01/110428034/Fellow-prospect-says-Aldon-Smith-would-good-pick-Lions-?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Quote:
NEW YORK — If the Detroit Lions take Aldon Smith with the 13th pick in tonight’s NFL draft, Von Miller said there’s a good chance they’ll have back-to-back Defensive Rookie of the Years.

Miller was asked to name his favorite for the award, excluding himself, at the NFL Players Association Rookie Debut pre-draft function today.

“Aldon Smith,” he said without hesitation. “He’s a great guy on and off the field. And I really enjoyed the way he played. He played this year with a broken leg and he still had a lot of big plays, a lot of success. And if not him, Marcell Dareus honorable mention.”

Smith, who can play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 system, is a potential top-10 pick and might not get past the Houston Texans at No. 11. He set a Missouri record with 11 1/2 sacks as a redshirt freshman and had 5 1/2 last year despite a fractured right fibula.

The Lions are well stocked along the defensive line, but they won’t hesitate to add a top-flight pass rusher today to pair with reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year Ndamukong Suh.

Smith visited the Lions last month.

“He’s a big guy — he’s a huge guy,” Miller said. “Fast, quick. He can play through pain as he’s demonstrated this year. If you just cut on the film of that guy you’ll see why I think he should be Defensive Rookie of the Year.”
Did Smith visit the niners?
Share 49ersWebzone