LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

Round 6, #182, the San Francisco 49ers selects Ronald Johnson (WR) USC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
i hope this doesn't mean we are done with Williams. I think he has a lot of potential, but was hurt for most of the season last year.

Johnson is just insurance incase Williams gets sand in his p***y.
i hope this doesn't mean we are done with Williams. I think he has a lot of potential, but was hurt for most of the season last year.

Willaims wont be going anywhere, as of now

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

Ziggy could be t he odd man out
Originally posted by jreff22:

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

Hope so, don't know what people see in him
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Slash49:

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

the guy has world class hands and could be the best route runner on our team, just is not very fast or quick and is very thinly built
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

the guy has world class hands and could be the best route runner on our team, just is not very fast or quick and is very thinly built

every time he gets tackled I worry the other team broke him
Originally posted by Tman:

Crabs
Morgan
Ginn
Williams
Ziggy
Johnson

hes quick and shifty, he just never got a chance to play last year...favoritism FTL
Prediction: Ziggy is odd-man out opening day.

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams -- barring any injuries -- will be the 5 receivers we go with.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Johnson, Williams -- barring any injuries -- will be the 5 receivers we go with.

Im thinking Johnson will be looking at the #2 spot pretty soon with Williams in the slot. Ginn can drink water and return punts. Morgan.......?

Im thinking Johnson will be looking at the #2 spot pretty soon with Williams in the slot. Ginn can drink water and return punts. Morgan.......?

morgans decent dude i think he had 600-700 yards last year that must be one of the best out of all the #2 WR in the nfl
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

morgans decent dude i think he had 600-700 yards last year that must be one of the best out of all the #2 WR in the nfl

considering Crabs wasn't doing a lot it wouldn't surprise me, I do know that competition at WR will be very good this year

I'd love it if this guy cracks into the top 3 WR spots on our roster at any point in the future. If not, tough tittie - but I liked seeing us take a WR receiver later rather than sooner in this draft, what with our needs at that point in time.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
another 1 of mah boys

i bet T Mays is happy to see his old buddy

good pick up in the later rounds this guy can move up on Kyle Williams on the depth chart just like that

report said he is "brittle" any truth to that?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
just more competition for our current WR's. I like it. Kyle Williams, Zeigler, Morgan and Ginn will all need to step up their game.

yeah, the WR battle should be very interesting. I really want to see what Williams can do when healthy. I think Johnson is his biggest competition. I like Ginn as a returner but if he doesn't start doing something on offense, then IDK. We just drafted two guys with return experience...

And I think this summer is obviously do or die for Zeigler.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
just more competition for our current WR's. I like it. Kyle Williams, Zeigler, Morgan and Ginn will all need to step up their game.

yeah, the WR battle should be very interesting. I really want to see what Williams can do when healthy.

I'm tired of oft-injured speedy WR's
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

yeah, the WR battle should be very interesting. I really want to see what Williams can do when healthy.

I'm tired of oft-injured speedy WR's

for sure. i'll give Williams a break though since its just one year. but a late round WR + injury + new coaching staff + similar player just drafted by said coaching staff + WR logjam = Williams has to step it up this offseason, whenever the team is allowed to do its thing.
Share 49ersWebzone