LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 269 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Frank Gore's replacement.

If he is struggle for Rush yards then he can play for part time> Hunter should play for help us to get the win. He will effect Gore make him feel better for chance to win. They can both should share to play for part time.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Smells like it, huh? They will a few years together... but let's say Kendall Hunter is just an animal.. When Frank Gore's contract is up I dunno if we make a huge push to re-sign at a high tender.

If Frank has another injury plagued year its will probably be his last year with the team.

Depending on the play of other RBs, though. If Hunter comes in and is like a Ray Rice clone and busts out, okay maybe we look to trade him for some value... but... I mean I don't think you can say that outright.

Its Frank's last year under contract so you cant trade him.

we wont not offer something to Frank, may not be massive but he will get a decent pay check. He has been loyal and worked his ass off for this team, he is one of the few that I can say will retire has a 49er. And at worst he would make a great #2 once he hits 30...we owe it to him to get his ass into the playoffs just once.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Smells like it, huh? They will a few years together... but let's say Kendall Hunter is just an animal.. When Frank Gore's contract is up I dunno if we make a huge push to re-sign at a high tender.

If Frank has another injury plagued year its will probably be his last year with the team.

Depending on the play of other RBs, though. If Hunter comes in and is like a Ray Rice clone and busts out, okay maybe we look to trade him for some value... but... I mean I don't think you can say that outright.

we wont not offer something to Frank, may not be massive but he will get a decent pay check. He has been loyal and worked his ass off for this team, he is one of the few that I can say will retire has a 49er. And at worst he would make a great #2 once he hits 30...we owe it to him to get his ass into the playoffs just once.

I love me some Frank Gore! If he has another year of injury, i really hope he has realistic expectations for a contract extension.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I love me some Frank Gore! If he has another year of injury, i really hope he has realistic expectations for a contract extension.

he's close to 30 and has to know his next contract wont be big.
  • JD81
  • Veteran

He's 27...I could easily see the team giving him a 2 or 3 year extension.
Originally posted by JD81:

I would be fine with a 4 year deal as long as the price is right, LT played good last year after looking like s**t with SD. If we can limit his carries a bit we can extend him a little past 30.
Ahmad Bradshaw 2.0
Can Hunter become our version of Jones-Drew?

Hunter
HEIGHT:
5-7
WEIGHT:

Jones-Drew
Height: 5-7
Weight: 208

Sure you can-it just means his value will drop unless they the trade is contingent on reneg. his contract. The other neg. is that he is at the end of his life. As long as he is under contract you can trade a player. One year five year doesn't matter.
Originally posted by JD81:

Nit picking here-NFL.com says 28 going on 29 in 9months. Point is, he has had a lot of carries and is weraing down.

From Maiocco's breakdown of all offensive players through 3 practices:

Quote:
Kendall Hunter: Frank Gore's absence for the first three practices has enabled him to get more practice reps. His elusive running style was apparent Sunday during padded practices, as he left defenders flailing with his ability to start-and-stop and cut backside on run plays. He has also gotten work handling kickoff returns.

Read more: Maiocco: Player-by-player look at 49ers offense
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I love hearing this.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Quote:
Kendall Hunter: Frank Gore's absence for the first three practices has enabled him to get more practice reps. His elusive running style was apparent Sunday during padded practices, as he left defenders flailing with his ability to start-and-stop and cut backside on run plays. He has also gotten work handling kickoff returns.

Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

I love hearing this.
hearing good things about Aldon Smith as well, hope these dudes pan out
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Quote:

I love hearing this.
hearing good things about Aldon Smith as well, hope these dudes pan out

Originally posted by WildBill:

Sure you can-it just means his value will drop unless they the trade is contingent on reneg. his contract. The other neg. is that he is at the end of his life. As long as he is under contract you can trade a player. One year five year doesn't matter.

Its not whether or not you "can" trade him. He simply has no trade value, we wouldn't get anything in return that is even close to as valuable as Frank Gore currently is to this team and likely would be next year if he is extended.
when gore goes down mid-season, hunter will emerge as a star.
Share 49ersWebzone