There are 135 users in the forums

Sando Talks Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
"The 49ers could have had the 15th-best quarterback in the league and won that division,"

Too bad we had Alex Smith.

We could of won the division with Alex Smith, but Sing is an idiot. With that said, Smith is not that good. The biggest killer for Smith is that he is inconsistent and only seems to be good in spurts or when his back's against the wall.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Agreed, we could do worse than Alex - but I really hope we do better.
"The 49ers could have had the 15th-best quarterback in the league and won that division,"

We could of won the division with Alex Smith, but Sing is an idiot. With that said, Smith is not that good. The biggest killer for Smith is that he is inconsistent and only seems to be good in spurts or when his back's against the wall.

What makes you so sure Alex would of beat the Rams... His 2 and 6 record?
Sando is dead on right here, look at the last couple games Alex played. His numbers were good and his accuracy (especially on deep balls) was even better.

I would love to have him back especially because there aren't any better options out there (Vick and Manning stay put and Alex is better at this point than McNabb or Orton).

I'm also not sure about the qb's in this years draft and I think they are all rated a little too high. I would hate to pick up a QB in the first round because I would much rather have Amukamara or a beastly pass rusher.

If Sing would have played Alex over Troy we would have been in the playoffs and could have been one of the teams playing this weekend. If fans just opened their eyes a little bit more they would see that Alex not the problem.

Go Niners

Its actually the opposite, when its money time he falters, when he's got nothing to lose he does better-note I said better not he is good.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Good find. Thanks.

MB got the impression Harbaugh might be open to Smith returning also.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/harbaugh-on-ale.html

Makes me sick to my stomach. Just when it looked like we turned the corner. We bring the bust back!

Dont worry man, he's not coming back.

I kind of hope he comes back just because the WZ will asplode if it happens
Originally posted by WildBill:

Its actually the opposite, when its money time he falters, when he's got nothing to lose he does better-note I said better not he is good.

The thing is we our the only team that keeps a number 1 pick 6 years after piss poor results and now people want to add a 7th. Thier a reason we get laughed at on NFL Network. The front office never learns from it's mistakes!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Good find. Thanks.

MB got the impression Harbaugh might be open to Smith returning also.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/harbaugh-on-ale.html

Makes me sick to my stomach. Just when it looked like we turned the corner. We bring the bust back!

Dont worry man, he's not coming back.

I kind of hope he comes back just because the WZ will asplode if it happens

We don't need a circus, we need decent football
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chilly:
Sando is dead on right here, look at the last couple games Alex played. His numbers were good and his accuracy (especially on deep balls) was even better.

I would love to have him back especially because there aren't any better options out there (Vick and Manning stay put and Alex is better at this point than McNabb or Orton).

I'm also not sure about the qb's in this years draft and I think they are all rated a little too high. I would hate to pick up a QB in the first round because I would much rather have Amukamara or a beastly pass rusher.

If Sing would have played Alex over Troy we would have been in the playoffs and could have been one of the teams playing this weekend. If fans just opened their eyes a little bit more they would see that Alex not the problem.

Go Niners

C'Mon Man! Let it go, the guy will never be better than a backup in this league.
If Harbaugh thinks enough of him to keep him then Im all for it. He knows way more about quarterbacks than any of us will ever know. Alex has never had a coach who knew about quarterbacking.
People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

Not surprising that this turned into another Alex thread
Originally posted by Boomer49:
People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

Alex will not win in the league period. His 18-30 record prove that. Harbaugh may be good,but not even he can turn crap into gold.
so what if we don't get anyone in free agency...you wanna rely on some rookie? or david carr? i'm really hoping that they bring smith back....unfortunately, i don't think he wants to be here...with all the retard "fans" booing him after every incompletion, who could blame him

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcashen87:

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.

...and if he does go somewhere else, he then has to get used to the system which would take another two or three years. NFL organization who have a win now mentality won't be as patient as the Niners were with Alex. The best case scenario for Alex is to backup an elite QB such as Manning or Tom Brady. This would give him time to get acclimated to the system and learn from the best.
Share 49ersWebzone