LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Who currently is our best RG?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who currently is our best RG?

for how bad the right side of our line was i thought we werent even playing a RG.....i thought we were doing decent with 4 oline.....damn
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Man, Harbaugh is gonna bench chilo SO f**king fast.

Agreed. He is simply not going to put up with it. You know Harbaugh is watching tape on the offense this year, and he likes smart guys who are consistent.

Expect Baas and Heitmann, two bright veterans, to be brought back, and given the chance to assume the two interior positions, if both are healthy.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
I miss Justin Smiley

The guy has been injured so often at Miami, he wouldn't be playing if he was still here.

He's pretty much done. A terrific player early in his career, but he is almost all scar tissue at this point.
Rachal has had more than his fair share of screw-ups, but he played solid football the second half of the season. It seems that some fans develop an opinion about a player and stop watching to see if its still true.

Just my opinion.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Heittman.

THIS
Originally posted by jta854:
Rachal has had more than his fair share of screw-ups, but he played solid football the second half of the season. It seems that some fans develop an opinion about a player and stop watching to see if its still true.

Just my opinion.

Chilo had a crappy first half of the season in his rookie year too... So are you telling me he is gonna string together one full season in his third year... I say not
They're all bad...
Reminds me of a song that is so played out that I actually hate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mc-onwVIBA
Originally posted by genz22:
Hopefully this time next year we are saying Logan Mankins!

Damn, I've seen Mankins suggested before, but it just hit me, if we got him we would have Iupati and Mankins at the guard spots. That would be unbeliveable.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Ideally, I would like us to put Heitmann at RG, have Rachal back him up, along with Wragge, and we draft a swing OT in the mid-rounds.

LT: Staley/Boone
LG: Iupati/(Wragge)
OC: Baas/Wragge
RG: Heitmann/Rachal
RT: Davis/Rookie

Cut: Snyder (2M in savings)

Originally posted by GEEK:
Ideally, I would like us to put Heitmann at RG, have Rachal back him up, along with Wragge, and we draft a swing OT in the mid-rounds.

LT: Staley/Boone
LG: Iupati/(Wragge)
OC: Baas/Wragge
RG: Heitmann/Rachal
RT: Davis/Rookie

Cut: Snyder (2M in savings)

If Heitmann is gone, as Matt says he will be, then replace him with Mankins and I would be very pleased with that lineup. Also would like to see Staley and Davis switch postions to see if Davis does better on the left. They should be cross trained anyway just in case. Does Staley seem to be the only non-road grader in this group? His skill makes up for it. Wonder if this group will be able to learn the 23 shifts per play Stanford seemed to use?
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
Originally posted by jta854:

Just my opinion.

Chilo had a crappy first half of the season in his rookie year too... So are you telling me he is gonna string together one full season in his third year... I say not

So you're saying it would surprise you if a guy blossomed in his 3rd year in the NFL?

Chilo is our best option. Like jta said he finished the season playing very well or maybe it was because we played the Cards 2x . Either way you can't really grade a guy untill that 3rd year is done and he will do just fine for us next season,
Snyder. And that's not saying much.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I hate to say it, but it's Rachal.. I AM NO FAN OF HIS AT ALL, I HOPE HE'S GONE ASAP. But Wragge and Snyder are backups at best, and both get out-muscled often. Rachal is a puss too, but right now he's both the best we got-AND THE WEAKEST LINK

My sentiments as well
David Baas.

Heitmaan reclaims starting role at center next year.
Share 49ersWebzone