Who currently is our best RG?

I miss Justin Smiley
Originally posted by Jack9er:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Heittman.

This

that
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
My vote goes to Wragge, the guy is solid and should be given a chance to start over panccake loafer Rachel

Here is the only thing I dont understand about some of you guys. Wragge and Snyder have been on this team forever, have tried every position and failed (multiple times). The only thing they have been good at is filling in for a game or two, like a back up should. Rachal on the other hand had a very solid rookie year (Remember the nickname "baby Larry Allen...LOL" and then seemed to regress. Yet, some how in everyones mind Snyder and Wragge are now the answer. I call BS. Rachal may not be the answer, but neither are those two career back ups. Like the QB position, I doubt the answer to RG is on the roster, but I wouldn't mind giving Rachal one more year to get his s**t together. As both Matt's have pointed out, his play got better later in the season.
Me. We in trouble.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I hate to say it, but it's Rachal.. I AM NO FAN OF HIS AT ALL, I HOPE HE'S GONE ASAP. But Wragge and Snyder are backups at best, and both get out-muscled often. Rachal is a puss too, but right now he's both the best we got-AND THE WEAKEST LINK

Wragge has played out of his mind every time I have seen him, he even held it down at LT for 2 quaters
Anyoone think Rachal's struggles were tied to being next to a rookie? With better scheme and some experience for AD, the two may improve this year. I am sure Harbaugh will address the position should he feel it is an issue.
He's not on the roster yet!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
My vote goes to Wragge, the guy is solid and should be given a chance to start over panccake loafer Rachel

Here is the only thing I dont understand about some of you guys. Wragge and Snyder have been on this team forever, have tried every position and failed (multiple times). The only thing they have been good at is filling in for a game or two, like a back up should. Rachal on the other hand had a very solid rookie year (Remember the nickname "baby Larry Allen...LOL" and then seemed to regress. Yet, some how in everyones mind Snyder and Wragge are now the answer. I call BS. Rachal may not be the answer, but neither are those two career back ups. Like the QB position, I doubt the answer to RG is on the roster, but I wouldn't mind giving Rachal one more year to get his s**t together. As both Matt's have pointed out, his play got better later in the season.

Co-signed.

Snyder and Wragge are rotational guys you keep for depth. I was actually looking at a clip of Rachal being drafted in 2008 and the scouting report Mike Mayock gave on him was pretty interesting. His strength was listed as a positive as he was described as being extremely powerful. He also stated he could've benefited from an extra year at USC and has to work on his footwork and his work ethic was questioned.

Well, we saw that strength demonstrated during his rookie year and the fact that defenders blow buy him shows that he probably hasn't improved on any of these weaknesses in 3 years. I don't know how much of this is attributed to Rachal or coaching. He definitely needs someone behind him that is a real threat to take his spot, but the potential is there.

With Heitman coming back next season and the possible signing of a vet, it should be an interesting battle at the C and RG spots.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
I miss Justin Smiley

he was rock solid, remember Ron Stone
Originally posted by contrarios:
He's not on the roster yet!

This is a logical impossibility. If we have one RG on the roster, and we have, we have a "currently best RG".

They are not very good. But one of them is our best.

In his rookie season I thought Baas was fantastic and the road-grader we needed over a smallish/weaker Smiley but for some reason they moved him to LG where he was most effective, pulling to his right for all of Gore's long TD runs. This year he was moved to Center and did very well given the circumstances. I thought he had the potential to be a very very good natural RG but for continuity reasons, perhaps we should leave him at C and draft a RG or obtain a veteran in FA. None of the three other options are even an option if we want to be successful. It's more like pick your poison!
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
You should have

d) Anyone BUT Chilo

This
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
You should have

d) Anyone BUT Chilo

This

Man, I wish we could have gotten DeSean Jackson..

Chilo's trash.

• A-R-S
  • Veteran
Man, Harbaugh is gonna bench chilo SO f**king fast.
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
I miss Justin Smiley

The guy has been injured so often at Miami, he wouldn't be playing if he was still here.
Share 49ersWebzone