There are 183 users in the forums

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

I'm tired of Gore being the face of our offense. I think our skill position guys need to step up in the return to the WCO. I wouldn't mind Gore even backing up Westbrook, especially coming off a broken hip. Looking at Playoff teams guys like Lynch and Starks these guys didn't even play the first half of the year and are fresh in January.

I laughed when VD said Harbaugh should give him the ball 15 times a game, but I wouldn't be mad cuz I often thought that Davis should have been target much more this year.

I'm not going to go as far as say we need to trade Gore, but I think the days of "he's such a competitor we can't take him off the field" need to be over.
It should probably be Gore = 50%, Westbrook = 35%, Dixon = 15%.
Do I want Gore to continue to be the focal point? No.

Honestly, I don't want a focal point.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

this. only Sing believed in that bulls**t.

playoff teams don't focus on one player.
Gore will be A focal point. and honestly until we get the quarterback thing settled itll be that way. Suppose we draft a QB, young guy inexperienced and seeing Stanfords scheme they big on play action i.e big running game. As much as everyone thinking Qbs and TEs are gonna rule the roost i wouldnt be surprised to also see Gore having the best statistical year.
no i want lamicheal james
[ Edited by daWest on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:10 PM ]

I would agree with this. There's too much talent with Gore, Crabtree, VD, Morgan, Delanie, Westbrook, Dixon, Ginn, etc. for one guy to be the only focal point.

But when it comes to the distribution of the workload at runningback, Gore should get the majority of snaps. He IS a complete player...

But so is Westbrook! We have two complete backs that can run, catch, and pass-block. I hope Harbaugh can convince Westbrook to come back. I think he should be able to do so. Stanford was really good at getting their runningbacks involved.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I would agree with this. There's too much talent with Gore, Crabtree, VD, Morgan, Delanie, Westbrook, Dixon, Ginn, etc. for one guy to be the only focal point.

But when it comes to the distribution of the workload at runningback, Gore should get the majority of snaps. He IS a complete player...

But so is Westbrook! We have two complete backs that can run, catch, and pass-block. I hope Harbaugh can convince Westbrook to come back. I think he should be able to do so. Stanford was really good at getting their runningbacks involved.

Agree. We need for teams to be worried about more than one player & shutting down most or all of our gameplan!
Sure
YES

in fact, we should re-hire dingleberry and jimmy raye, they know best how to utizlize his talents.

Originally posted by Wubbie:

Originally posted by WestCoast:
YES

in fact, we should re-hire dingleberry and jimmy raye, they know best how to utizlize his talents.

I wouldn't pile too much on Singletary and Raye, even Norv Turner tried to get Gore the ball 25 touches a game with pass and run.
Gore is the best player on our offense. Should he carry the team like he has been doing the last few years? Hell no! But until somebody shows that they can do a better job, he should be the focal point.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
YES

I wouldn't pile too much on Singletary and Raye, even Norv Turner tried to get Gore the ball 25 touches a game with pass and run.

in 2006 with a 2nd year 22 yr old quarterback. big difference.
He has always been the focal point because the defensive minded coaches we have had think you can win the game by pounding the rock. its about time we get out of that mind set.
Share 49ersWebzone