LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you want Gore to continue to be the focal point of the offense?

he should be the focal point when the game plan and match-up calls for it

/thread
I don't want anyone to be the focal point of the offense except for the QB.

Everyone should be able to contribute when needed and the QB should be the one pulling balancing it all out.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
With Gore being the focal point the team has gotten the team no where. They need to bring in more talent and spread the ball around.
Isn't it about time for the QB to be the focal point of the 49ers? Like for seriously.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Isn't it about time for the QB to be the focal point of the 49ers? Like for seriously.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:

Niners were always known for having good QBs until these a*****es Nolan and Sing. Drafting you know who really set this team back a good decade.
Jim Harbaugh runs a WCO but with a power running game Toby Geirhart almost won heisman playing running back in his system. Gore should continue to be big part of the offense but not the only part of the offense like in the Singletary regime. We have very talented wrs crabtree and josh morgan & ginn. I also feel like we have the best TE in the NFL Vernon Davis. We need to be balanced I remember under Coach Marriucci we had G hearst he had 1500 yrds rushing in 98 but we also had 3 wrs over 700 yrds reciving T.O, Jerry Rice & JJ Stokes that is the balanced west coast offense I hope Jim harbaugh will bring back to SF
Gore is on the down side of his career, and is simply a mid-level starting RB in the NFL. Such is the nature of a RB in the league for 6 years. The focal point is the QB.
He'll continue to be an important part of it, but the QB will be the focal point under Harbaugh. The WCO is all about spreading the ball around...to RB's (including FB), WR's, TE's (Harbaugh will target them a lot). The running game is also important to WCO...and Gore, Dixon and whomever compliments them (hope it's Westbrook) will get their fair share of carries.
Should be in a 3 man rotation.

Would even consider trading him if we could manage to get a 3rd rounder for him. The past few years has proven time and time again that good RB's can be found in the late rounds of the draft and as UDFA's.

I really like hearing Harbaugh talk about matchups as being the criteria for game planning in the NFL, and not so much a specific style of offense for every single game.

The reason Gore has been featured in his career thuis far is two things: 1. not having enough talent to rely more on a balnced offense. 2. Not having creative offesnive minds in charge of the team.

This is all about the change next season, I believe. Harbaugh will run it down the other team's throat if they give that to him. And he will air it out if the other team gives him that opening instead.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Do I want Gore to continue to be the focal point? No.

Honestly, I don't want a focal point.

Totally agree.. I want an offense that is completely unpredictable and has no tendancies.

This will keep opposing defenses on their toes and make it harder to game plan against the 49ers.

Better yet! If they key on the run-pass; if they key on the pass-run...a traditional WCO and one reason scripting 15 plays worked so well.

Edit--I would like to see a young running back brought in just in case Gore does not make it all the way back and as he is not a spring chicken. Not totally sold on our rookie.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM ]
I think we are going to become an offense where you have to defend every part of the field and where everyone will be used, from Vernon Davis to Nate Bynam, Crabtree to Williams, and Gore to Dixon. There will be guys we want to get the ball to, and Gore is one of them, but I doubt there will be any one focal point.
Originally posted by daWest:
no i want lamicheal james

James is cool, but for a West Coast style offense I'd like Demarco Murray from Oklahoma..... Now if he could just stay healthy...
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Gore is on the down side of his career, and is simply a mid-level starting RB in the NFL. Such is the nature of a RB in the league for 6 years. The focal point is the QB.

Pure speculation and not based on actual production. But I agree, the focal point should be the QB. I just prefer to have an offense where on any given Sunday, any player can step up and be the guy so that defenses will have to gameplan for multiple players and not just stopping Gore.
Share 49ersWebzone