There are 227 users in the forums

Clayton: 49ers season grade F

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Clayton is a 49er hater, but anyone who watched us play this year would have given us an F. This past season was epic failure.
I have to say this...I guess here the ONLY ones on this planet that can criticize the Niners are the Niner fans?

Why do I say this....The Niners were supposed to run away with the division yet did they? Hell No I'd honestly probably give this team an F as well...their 6 wins how many were against trams with a winning record ZERO How many teams with a 500 record? Well 1 but at the time Raiders had a below 500 record even then it was a LOUSY game to watch. They Beat the Cards twice WOW....the 05 team could have beaten this Cards team twice They beat the Broncos thats probably their biggest achievement of the year and they beat the Rams BARELY and beat the Seachickens who are going to the playoffs So OK maybe that their biggest achievement of the year. But when it counted they were taken out by the Rams. They Beat the Falcons....Oooops not so fast they BLEW it. They had the Panthers beat Oooops again...Losing to the LOWLY Panthers is almost enough to get the F grade all in itself.

Does this make me a NON 49ers fan? No Its reality the Niners couldnt win in the LOUSIEST division in the NFL...In reality it If I have a problem with how Clayton graded it should have been Seachickens a D and everyone else an F. Only reason the Seachickens get a D is cause they were able to win the division and all others get an F cause they didnt win. On the other hand I can say well seachickens get an F cause they draft at #21 the rest of the division gets a D cause they just suck.

And before you criticize me for this post think of what I said here and show me where Im wrong...Prove where the Niners deserved a better grade...Dont say I suck cause I dont agree with you on this....thats like saying I dont agree with you and as a cop instead of giving you a ticket for something I blow your head off like in Magnum Force.
we f**king sucked last year, rightfully deserved that F. Look at it from a non-niner fans perspective.
Normally I find Clayton pretty fair with his commentary. I don't think he hates the Niners at all. In fact, if you look back through the archives, it seems at times that he's rooting for us. And how can you possibly argue that this season was anything BUT a complete failure? The record speaks for itself.

If our offense would have been even average this year, we would be in the playoffs right now.

We grossly underachieved, due in large part to a head coach that had little idea as to what the hell he was doing.

I agree with Clayton.
Why are people bashing Clayton now? We played like crap. We had crappy coaching all the way around, crappy QB play, and an inconsistent defense.

We deserve an F and we don't deserve to be NFC West favorites next year.
Originally posted by Chief:
That seems a little high.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For those of you that are upset with this grade, what's the grade that you think we deserve?

We deserve a G.

It's really the syndrome where no one can talk s**t (credibly) about the Niners except Niner fans.

That means that the Niner fans cant talk garbage about other teams...LIKE that would ever happen...We dont live in a communist country I hate to tell you everyone has a right to their opinion.
You guys know he has a ponytail right?
Originally posted by miked1978:
Why are people bashing Clayton now? We played like crap. We had crappy coaching all the way around, crappy QB play, and an inconsistent defense.

We deserve an F and we don't deserve to be NFC West favorites next year.
He look like a dum dum lollipop!

When the bright spot of our year is our coach getting canned, yeah, epic fail! Think back to the expectations EVERYONE had for this team at the beginning of the year. Based on that, an F sounds spot on. Don't care for Clayton, but have to agree with him.
Gee, that's a surprise. Did anyone expect an "A"?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
LOL. Why is everyone bleeding their panties? What do you think we deserve?
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For those of you that are upset with this grade, what's the grade that you think we deserve?

We deserve a G.

It's really the syndrome where no one can talk s**t (credibly) about the Niners except Niner fans.

That means that the Niner fans cant talk garbage about other teams...LIKE that would ever happen...We dont live in a communist country I hate to tell you everyone has a right to their opinion.

I'm not upset with Clayton. He's spot-on or merely stating the obvious.

I'm sarcastically poking fun at the Niner fans who take offense to the grade he gave.
2nd last in the worst division in football, especially since we were projected to run away with the division.

Not only should we get an F, but when should have to have our parents sign it too.
Share 49ersWebzone