LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Clayton: 49ers season grade F

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Can't you guys do any better than complain about Clayton's looks? Sheesh.

He is dead-on correct with our letter grade. We deserve an F.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
For those of you that are upset with this grade, what's the grade that you think we deserve?

We deserve a G.

It's really the syndrome where no one can talk s**t (credibly) about the Niners except Niner fans.

That means that the Niner fans cant talk garbage about other teams...LIKE that would ever happen...We dont live in a communist country I hate to tell you everyone has a right to their opinion.

I'm not upset with Clayton. He's spot-on or merely stating the obvious.

I'm sarcastically poking fun at the Niner fans who take offense to the grade he gave.

OK Cool sorry bout that,,,LOL
And in late breaking related news...water is wet.

Seriously guys - take the fan PJs off for a minute and objectively grade this debacle of a season. If this wasn't an F season then please tell me what an F season looks like.

Lets just look at what our infrastructure looked like moments after the final gun on Sunday.

GM - Nope
Head Coach - Nope
Quarterback - David Carr
4/5 defensive starters not under contract or on the verge of being cut due to a huge undeserved cap number 9on a defense that was challenged to be nice)- check

Let's face it, F is being kind!
Why the hate?
He's right, we started as clear favorites for the NFC west, have by far the best talent in the divison, and despite that we manged to be blown out by Seattle in game 1, to lose to carolina, and to self desturct in every possible way.

So yes with all the expectations the season deserves an F.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
For those of you that are upset with this grade, what's the grade that you think we deserve?

I think the grade is right. We were the favorites to win the West, but fell right into a sink hole.

Can't believe we loss to the Panthers.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think the grade is right. We were the favorites to win the West, but fell right into a sink hole.

It's an F only because F- isnt allowed. It was a complete and total failure on all counts.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Why the hate?
He's right, we started as clear favorites for the NFC west, have by far the best talent in the divison, and despite that we manged to be blown out by Seattle in game 1, to lose to carolina, and to self desturct in every possible way.

So yes with all the expectations the season deserves an F.

... but has he looked at the film. That always makes things look better.
Originally posted by ncninerfan:
Can't you guys do any better than complain about Clayton's looks? Sheesh.

He is dead-on correct with our letter grade. We deserve an F.

agree....This was the weakest division in history and we came up 3rd. hell ya we deserve that F. I saw that sunday night game with SEA and STL..... And we couldn't do better then that....

Rams should be the favored. Guess what they are up and coming. They have a QB and a coach...we have neither.
We very much deserve the poor grade for not even coming close to living up to expectations from our fanbase and the media around the league.But also we deserve the bad grade for the dysfunctional team chemistry that Mike Singletary displayed this whole year and for the many bad decisions we made in the offseason as well by not retaining a decent bcakup quarterback such as Shaun Hill and for the god awful hiring a year ago of Jimmy Raye and his firing this past season.

his grade is based on pre-season expectation, at best i saw this as a 9 win team, for the ppl who had them with more wins that that i can see how they'd give us an F
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

His head looks like a hot air balloon.

he seems like the type of guy who would rape little kids.

Originally posted by Chief:
That seems a little high.

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Sadly we did better with alex in that game... and then Davis wiffed the block and alex said o baby jesus this is going to hurt... Enter david carr
As much as to agree with Clayton, he is right, the 49ers did deserve an F.

He is a dorky, pedeophile looking guy that reminds me of Mr. Peabody from the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show..

Anybody have a .jpg of mr peabody?
Share 49ersWebzone