LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Underappreciated: Jim Tomsula

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
Forgot about them as well, with the potential DL firepower we got on this team we need Tomsula.

Yes!
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
lol some people just hate for the sake of hating. if we had seattle's secondary we would be talking about their greatness 24/7. just give some credit where it's due, for once in you your life...

Speak for yourself. I'd not be proud of our defense if we cheated to be good. Id not be proud that our coaches coach to cheat.

Getting away with a small grab here and there is one thing. Mugging receivers every play is another.

keep telling yourself that. It's called bias
How many late round picks and UDFA has Tomsula crafted into great linemen? TJE, RJF, McDonald all come to mind.
I think he, more than Fangio or Roman deserves a head coaching gig. He has the experience in NFL Europe and he seems to really be an outstanding position coach. I'd hate to lose him but he deserves a promotion within this organization or another.
Originally posted by sspiker:
How many late round picks and UDFA has Tomsula crafted into great linemen? TJE, RJF, McDonald all come to mind.

McDonald was a 3rd rounder I believe. But still, dude is the best at developing linemen

Pretty much every d-lineman to come through here has really blossomed under Tomsula, including Justin Smith. He was very good in Cincinnati, but not the All-Pro he is today. If you can't play for Tomsula, you can't play anywhere (see Balmer, Kentwan).

Ian Williams until he got injured
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Even Dobbs and Tukuafu (when he played DL) have developed a lot more than most UDFAs.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Even Dobbs and Tukuafu (when he played DL) have developed a lot more than most UDFAs.

Another thing to note... how long has it been since fans have been crying for a true NT. He turned A. Franklin into a stud, lost him then turned Soap into a stud, then give him an UDFA who was a supposed tweener, turns him into a stud starting over a 1st round draft pick who is now being a stud, all the while taking a crotch grabbing D-lineman from texas A&M and makes him a stud too... dude should be a horse breeder.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Another thing to note... how long has it been since fans have been crying for a true NT. He turned A. Franklin into a stud, lost him then turned Soap into a stud, then give him an UDFA who was a supposed tweener, turns him into a stud starting over a 1st round draft pick who is now being a stud, all the while taking a crotch grabbing D-lineman from texas A&M and makes him a stud too... dude should be a horse breeder.

Great point. Everyone he's plugged into NT has performed well, and none of them were the 350 lb prototype everyone says we need to get. We don't. Tomsula seems to prefer quicker guys who win with technique rather than fat asses who win with size alone.

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
lol some people just hate for the sake of hating. if we had seattle's secondary we would be talking about their greatness 24/7. just give some credit where it's due, for once in you your life...

Speak for yourself. I'd not be proud of our defense if we cheated to be good. Id not be proud that our coaches coach to cheat.

Getting away with a small grab here and there is one thing. Mugging receivers every play is another.

keep telling yourself that. It's called bias

List of Seahawk Lovers (updated):

-theG0RE49er
my favorite Niners coach on the staff.

also has the biggest calves out of anyone, including all the players LOL
tomsula is my favorite coach under harbaugh and fangio. hes a master at crafting talented but unpolished dline talent into beasts
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
tomsula is my favorite coach under harbaugh and fangio. hes a master at crafting talented but unpolished dline talent into beasts

You know he's been here longer then harbaugh fangio ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

You know he's been here longer then harbaugh fangio ?
yup, one of the only good coaching hires singletary had. but harbs and fangio are my top guys. those guys are amazing at what they do
Share 49ersWebzone