LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Arizona Cardinals)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?

no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

that just simply not true, u want ur team to win a meaningless game for what reason? oh im not a true fan bc i want my team to improve next year and get better players. Seems to me that ur just not thinkin with ur head, seasons over let it go.
The overarching mission is to fire Singletary. If he survives the next few games, the answer is No. If he is fired this week, the answer is Yes.
HowTF can you honestly want our team to lose to the CARDINALS? You guys are a crack up.

f**k NO
HowTF can you honestly want our team to lose to the CARDINALS? You guys are a crack up.

If the Cardinals win the meaningless game then they actually lose. they have 6 wins and a lower draft pick
Originally posted by dald1:

no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

that just simply not true, u want ur team to win a meaningless game for what reason? oh im not a true fan bc i want my team to improve next year and get better players. Seems to me that ur just not thinkin with ur head, seasons over let it go.

Say it out loud. Say "I want my team to lose to the Arizona Cardinals". That's ridiculous. You play to win, not to set up next year. Go to Santa Clara and tell Patrick Willis that he should lose the game so they can get a better draft pick. Let me know how that goes. Tell Takeo Spikes they should lose the game.

Have you ever competed at anything in your whole life? Did you want to lose so that next year might be better?

Is there any way you can give me a breakdown like a pros cons of winning/losing from your POV? I'm just curious as to why you would want a win now. The only thing I can think of now is you would feel happy for 1 day. Is that really worth shots at better players throughout the draft, harder schedule etc...
Originally posted by phresh:

no

this.

you fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

Actually our fans are made up of men and women, so you can get of my post with that Crap! U EPICALLY FAILED as a boy!

I was talking to the men. There are no women in this conversation. Are you confused, little guy? It's ok.

Your funny! Why would we win this game? we need to win the offseason and get ready for next year bro!
  • dald1
  • Veteran

no

this.

Say it out loud. Say "I want my team to lose to the Arizona Cardinals". That's ridiculous. You play to win, not to set up next year. Go to Santa Clara and tell Patrick Willis that he should lose the game so they can get a better draft pick. Let me know how that goes. Tell Takeo Spikes they should lose the game.

Have you ever competed at anything in your whole life? Did you want to lose so that next year might be better?

i get it, u dont like logic, i will end this debate because u simply want ur team to screw up their draft pick like they have been at the end of the season for the last 8 years, but no your right, our last win will count as a moral victory and will give us some momentum going into next year.

no

this.

ehh whatever, bigger picture as fans is our team will be in a better position if they lose. get absolutely nothing out of winning a meaningless game. inspiring speeches aside, pwilly and takeo shouldn't even play with those broken hands now that there's nothing to play for.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The overarching mission is to fire Singletary. If he survives the next few games, the answer is No. If he is fired this week, the answer is Yes.

IF he survives the next few games? There's only one game left.

no

this.

i get it, u dont like logic, i will end this debate because u simply want ur team to screw up their draft pick like they have been at the end of the season for the last 8 years, but no your right, our last win will count as a moral victory and will give us some momentum going into next year.

Answer the question. Have you ever competed at anything in athletics in your life? At any point did you want to throw a game to maybe help out next years team?
I'd rather win than listen all offseason to Darnell Dockett talk s**t about how they split with us this year.

Seriously though, I get that our draft position improves with a loss. And I would LOVE to see our younger talent tested on the field next week (i.e. Nate Davis) and want more than anything to wake up tomorrow to news that Singeltary is no longer our HC. But to wish for a loss is just plain unfanlike, especially when it's against your douchey division rivals.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Besides the draft order.....we can still end up 2nd in the west......I don't want a 2nd place schedule for next year.....

THIS. THERE IS NOTHING GOOD THAT WILL COME OUT OF WINNING THIS GAME.

Oh, s**t, another good point. I've been dreading the '11 schedule for years in advance as is.

What divisions do we have?

NFC East and AFC North.

2nd place would give us the packers(again) and Saints or Falcons(again-again)
It would be wise to lose, since we'll then be behind Zona (in both divisional/record slotting) for possibly a 6th/7th round pick. -Tons of wiggle room to trade up for Luck, or bag Prince Amukamara/Robert Quinn.

I'm almost positive the Cards will commit an 'idiocracy', and draft Cam Newton at 8th/9th.
Share 49ersWebzone