LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Arizona Cardinals)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn skippy...if we lose we may be able to get into the top 5... It's all about getting Luck b***hes....hahaha
Originally posted by bracus:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
HowTF can you honestly want our team to lose to the CARDINALS? You guys are a crack up.

Is there any way you can give me a breakdown like a pros cons of winning/losing from your POV? I'm just curious as to why you would want a win now. The only thing I can think of now is you would feel happy for 1 day. Is that really worth shots at better players throughout the draft, harder schedule etc...

Nah, I don't give a s**t about breaking it down for you. I want to win because I don't want the team to lose. You play to win. Not to lose. Guys like you don't get it. I get that. You're so wrapped up in next year you forget to worry about the games being played this year. Have you ever competed in athletics? You don't play to lose.
Originally posted by thedude:
I'd rather win than listen all offseason to Darnell Dockett talk s**t about how they split with us this year.

Seriously though, I get that our draft position improves with a loss. And I would LOVE to see our younger talent tested on the field next week (i.e. Nate Davis) and want more than anything to wake up tomorrow to news that Singeltary is no longer our HC. But to wish for a loss is just plain unfanlike, especially when it's against your douchey division rivals.

Then just don't read his twitter posts. It's not like his team did s**t all year. I don't see how it's "unfanlike" to want your team not to win this late in the game. Winning serves no purpose. Pride? We're all just observers, so who cares what we think or do. It's not like the players' own pride have gotten them anything as is.

For me, I think it's better that we lose. Will I cheer for the tards, no I won't, but my attachment to the 2010 squad doesn't blind me from logic.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 26, 2010 at 15:22:40 ]
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?

no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

That's the same kind of short-sighted thinking this team has shown the last several years. I'm glad you can enjoy mediocrity.
I agree we also could give Nate Davis a shot since all the other QBs are gone next season if I'm not wrong.
HowTF can you honestly want our team to lose to the CARDINALS? You guys are a crack up.

Is there any way you can give me a breakdown like a pros cons of winning/losing from your POV? I'm just curious as to why you would want a win now. The only thing I can think of now is you would feel happy for 1 day. Is that really worth shots at better players throughout the draft, harder schedule etc...

Nah, I don't give a s**t about breaking it down for you. I want to win because I don't want the team to lose. You play to win. Not to lose. Guys like you don't get it. I get that. You're so wrapped up in next year you forget to worry about the games being played this year. Have you ever competed in athletics? You don't play to lose.

Lol what's with all the douchery? And yes I'm wrapped up in next year. I don't know if you read it yet, but this year is done. What is their to worry about losing? This game is the same as a preseason game. Are you afraid we'll lose and look like garbage? Guess what, everybody already knows this team is playing like garbage.
Hmmm, I think that the League may have something to say if the 49er's PURPOSELY loses the game.

They would have to do it INDISCREETLY as to NOT make it so obvious!

Knowing the way this current regime operates, they're liable to screw that up too and the league penalizes them which affects their draft choice.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by MILFS:

to win a meaningless game that can harm our draft position?

no

this.

You fail as a man if you want your team to lose. Period. Hand in your man card and pick up a box of tampons.

That's the same kind of short-sighted thinking this team has shown the last several years. I'm glad you can enjoy mediocrity.

Hand over the man card, raise your right hand, and say "I want the 49ers to lose to Darnell Dockett and the Arizona Cardinals".
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'd rather win than listen all offseason to Darnell Dockett talk s**t about how they split with us this year.

Seriously though, I get that our draft position improves with a loss. And I would LOVE to see our younger talent tested on the field next week (i.e. Nate Davis) and want more than anything to wake up tomorrow to news that Singeltary is no longer our HC. But to wish for a loss is just plain unfanlike, especially when it's against your douchey division rivals.

Then just don't read his twitter posts. It's not like his team did s**t all year. I don't see how it's "unfanlike" not to want your to team win this late in the game. Winning serves no purpose. Pride? We're all just observers, so who cares what we think or do. It's not like the players' own pride have gotten them anything as is.

For me, I think it's better that we lose. Will I cheer for the tards, no I won't, but my attachment to the 2010 squad doesn't blind me from logic.

The Dockett comment was more of a joke, and I agree he has no room to talk. But I've just never been able to grasp one's ability to be a fan while still rooting for his/her team to lose for a supposed better long-term benefit. Who's to say we even draft the right guy at 5-6, maybe the guy at 9-10 would be a better value anyway. Tanking a game for the benefit, especially in the NFL where high draft picks so frequently don't pan out, just seems ludicrous. But to each his own, have fun not rooting for the Cardinals but hoping the 49ers lose next weekend.

Lol what's with all the douchery? And yes I'm wrapped up in next year. I don't know if you read it yet, but this year is done. What is their to worry about losing? This game is the same as a preseason game. Are you afraid we'll lose and look like garbage? Guess what, everybody already knows this team is playing like garbage.

No, you're missing the point. It's not that I'm worried about losing or the team looking bad. I just don't root for loses.

And thanks for calling me a douche. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black. I asked you a legitimate question. One that you obviously sidestepped. I guess that answers the question.

YES WE DO

There is NO Good that can come from winning the last game. I say we start Nate Davis and fire Singletary. Let Mike Johnson Interim for one day so he has full control of the offense.

I'm ok with this..............time for major changes for sure!!!!!

No, you're missing the point. It's not that I'm worried about losing or the team looking bad. I just don't root for loses.

And thanks for calling me a douche. If that's not the pot calling the kettle black. I asked you a legitimate question. One that you obviously sidestepped. I guess that answers the question.

Then just don't read his twitter posts. It's not like his team did s**t all year. I don't see how it's "unfanlike" not to want your to team win this late in the game. Winning serves no purpose. Pride? We're all just observers, so who cares what we think or do. It's not like the players' own pride have gotten them anything as is.

The Dockett comment was more of a joke, and I agree he has no room to talk. But I've just never been able to grasp one's ability to be a fan while still rooting for his/her team to lose for a supposed better long-term benefit. Who's to say we even draft the right guy at 5-6, maybe the guy at 9-10 would be a better value anyway. Tanking a game for the benefit, especially in the NFL where high draft picks so frequently don't pan out, just seems ludicrous. But to each his own, have fun not rooting for the Cardinals but hoping the 49ers lose next weekend.

Ummmm, if you read the above letters you will see a question that I asked you that you sidestepped. The only sentence that you have in question form is HTF can you want to lose. I think I made it pretty clear why I would prefer a loss. I'm starting to think I'm debating with a 14 year old.

A higher pick does not guarantee magic, but having that pick does provide a better chance of doing something positive. That is the logic in tanking at this point. Beating the tards one more time? Well that'll make us happy for a day, then what?

At the end of the day, all of us want the niners to win. Some of us want them to win all the time, while others are looking ahead at the long term. My beef is that no one has the right to call anyone out. There is no head fan to pass out judgments, or a handbook to follow guidelines. We all want the niners to achieve the greatness they once held, and that is the only hard lined fact. So personally, I don't hold any angst for those that are looking towards the draft.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 26, 2010 at 15:40:16 ]
Share 49ersWebzone