LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 163 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Special Teams play is gonna be huge for this game, San Diego has had some serious mistakes this year in special teams that have cost them games.

Ginn needs to have a huge day. Offense needs to sustain drives to keep Rivers off the field.

28-24 Niners win. Ginn breaks a KR for a TD
Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
I still think we can handle the chargers. AFC west is no better then the NFC west, and they have losses from the rams and seahawks. The chargers have not beat any serious playoff contenders besides the struggling Colts. So this is a very winnable game

those were both road games, and close games.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Special Teams play is gonna be huge for this game, San Diego has had some serious mistakes this year in special teams that have cost them games.

Ginn needs to have a huge day. Offense needs to sustain drives to keep Rivers off the field.

28-24 Niners win. Ginn breaks a KR for a TD

Lets hope so.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
I still think we can handle the chargers. AFC west is no better then the NFC west, and they have losses from the rams and seahawks. The chargers have not beat any serious playoff contenders besides the struggling Colts. So this is a very winnable game

those were both road games, and close games.

Still losses to nfc west teams, the division that every analyst on tv claims to be the worst thing since ryan leaf.
If we pressure Rivers and stay unpredictable on offense, I think we can win. Johnson is gonna have to put together an amazing gameplan. I know that sounds highly unlikely since we have Sing as our coach, but thats what its gonna take to beat SD. Remember, people are so caught up with their amazing pass offense, that they forget they have a top 5 D this year too.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We could win this. SD isnt that great and has lost to some mediocre teams.

But we prob wont.
SD 28 - SF 6
  • NP9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
If we pressure Rivers and stay unpredictable on offense, I think we can win. Johnson is gonna have to put together an amazing gameplan. I know that sounds highly unlikely since we have Sing as our coach, but thats what its gonna take to beat SD. Remember, people are so caught up with their amazing pass offense, that they forget they have a top 5 D this year too.

Won't be surprised to see "Single-Brain-Cell," (that was a classic one), dumb us down after the first series. He'll pre-determine that San Diego won't give up a lot of points so we should be satisfied if we score 7 or 10 early then run out the final 48 minutes.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I won't be surprised if we win or lose.
OH no it's a short week and Sing wont have time to game plan on offense.... wait... oh yes!!!!!!!!!

I think the short week evens the playing field a bit for us.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Dec 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM ]

• Jiks
Alex Smith vs. Eric Weddle. Should be fun for us Utes fans.
With Alex Smith finally showing up, we can't lose.
Alex Smith has continued his progression under MJ. I wonder how the rest of the season turns out. If Alex's progression keeps going I would have to say it would be hard for the 49ers to not consider at least a 1 year contract.
-we play lights out on both offense and defense and if the oline and smith come out and play we win 27-24

if the oline struggles, which will mean Smith will be running for his life and off target with the receivers and Goldson and the defense get worked, we will get embarrased.. 13-34

gotta hope we play consistent but we HAVE NOT all season.. its a toss up
San Diego's gotta self-destruct in order for us to win. Fumbles and Int's, dropped passes, missed tackles & field goals here and there. The only way we beat the Chargers is if they beat themselves. Sad but true.
[ Edited by JohnnyMo49 on Dec 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone