What we lost last night...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
you play to win the game

nothings funny to me

what this guy said....you NEVER play to lose
Originally posted by Rulo:
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't think like that homie. be glad for the win and hope that what we saw out of the o line last night will be what we see the rest of the year. We have no clue how Arizona season will play out. If they end up with Luck then oh well the niners have to strap up and beat him just like they have to do with Bradford.

Dont get me Wrong, I am very happy for the win, and was rooting from the very begining to the end, but now Im afraid that maybe it was a meaningless win, and maybe we just lost more than we won last night.... hope Im wrong tho...

Why I say you can't think like that is b/c what if the Cards go get McNabb and draft another qb in the later rounds? Or what if they win the next 3 games and the Niners lose the next 3 games. s**t it's only the 4th time this year we all could smile after a game. Gotta enjoy at least that much.
I am amazed at the simplistic thinking of too many on his board. As if Luck would solve all. For years we have paid lip service to the OL and it still remains poor. If you want any QB to perform well you must give him a good OL and plenty of quality receivers - mainly shifty ones who can find open spots and who have glue on their hands. Also you need a smart OC who can surprise and confuse the opposition.

Look at this:
Last year, Alex ended up the season ranked as the 19th QB in the league. Last year P Manning was ranked 6th. This year, Manning is ranked 15th. Is Manning a poor QB now? Obviously not. It has to do with what is going on around him.

I beat this drum over and over. We have to build the other parts of the offense first, then see if our QB is good enough to perform well in it. Allowing our offensive parts to remain subpar, but think the solution is to sign the next good QB FA or high draft choice is just lame-brain.
Originally posted by excelsior:
If Luck is eligible, I predict he will declare. He can see what happened to Leinart. If Leinart had come out in '05, he would have probably have been picked first. But he declined and stayed for his senior year. What happened? He was picked 11th, and it cost him a bundle. When you are hot, you are hot. It is risky for Luck to stay in college another year. Injury or a disappointing senior year are possiblilities.

Walsh picked Montana in the third. Someone should study what Walsh saw in Montana and maybe there is the same type of guy out there. But remember, Montana was helped by Walsh being his coach. If Montana was drafted by another team, he may not have turned out as well.

bingo - until we have establish who will be the new skipper we really won't know who's the best option at qb. even if luck has all the (in)tangibles, there's still gonna be the montanas and bradys who fit the sytem of a new hc. i just wanna play out and see who's still roster-worthy for next season.
Blah Blah Blah before it was Lienhart we have to get him he is the best qb prospect in years. Heard that for two years straight, Where is he now? Oh wait it was the Reggie Bush bowl, how is he doing? Ballers can be found at every pick. Relax!
Vince Young will likely be available in the off season. Bring back Dr. Harry Edwards to work on his head.
Share 49ersWebzone