LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

What we lost last night...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rulo
  • Veteran
Besides loosing our Best offensive weapon for the season, we lost something else, something huge!!, ..... we lost on the oportunity of getting one of the best QB prospects in a very long time... and not only that. We put him in a silver plate to our division rival...

If Arizona looses out, (wouldnt be shocked), they will be most certainly 1st or 2nd overall, and will for sure take Andrew Luck, that would mean for the next 10-15 years the NFC West will be owned by the Rams and Cards, and we will be watching from home year after year.... it is not looking good at all!!
I would trade the #1 in 2011, the number 1 in 2012 and a second rounder to move up to #1 to select Luck. If number 1 is carolina they might take that package because they have so many holes, and if they think Notre Dame second round pick jimmy clausen is their man of the future.
You can't think like that homie. be glad for the win and hope that what we saw out of the o line last night will be what we see the rest of the year. We have no clue how Arizona season will play out. If they end up with Luck then oh well the niners have to strap up and beat him just like they have to do with Bradford.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
you play to win the game

nothings funny to me
Originally posted by Rulo:
Besides loosing our Best offensive weapon for the season, we lost something else, something huge!!, ..... we lost on the oportunity of getting one of the best QB prospects in a very long time... and not only that. We put him in a silver plate to our division rival...

If Arizona looses out, (wouldnt be shocked), they will be most certainly 1st or 2nd overall, and will for sure take Andrew Luck, that would mean for the next 10-15 years the NFC West will be owned by the Rams and Cards, and we will be watching from home year after year.... it is not looking good at all!!

You would have preferred to have lost?
in a few years, when we look back at this pointless season. We'll see that we barely missed the playoffs, but won enough games to put us out of the running for the now Az Cardinal Andrew Luck. We'll say, "Wish we would of just lost the rest of our games that season."

book it.
If we were nearer to the end of the season, they maybe you'd be onto something. But even if we were 3-7 now, there's no guarantee that we'd come away with a worse record than Buffalo, who will definitely take Luck, or a team like Carolina that'll be desperate to trade back and give the #1 off to someone who wants Luck.
Originally posted by English:

You would have preferred to have lost?

No first pick quarterback is a guranteed all pro. so we lost a chance to be in the same spot we are currently in or where the rams are. its 50/50. i like the wins, these late season runs = $$$$$$$

I feel the same way. I wanted Bradford, the Rams got him. I want Luck, now AZ will prob get him. I don't know what the point of this team winning 4-7 games every is. I would rather just tank and get a better pick. Even more so when you have such a promising player in the most important position (QB). Luck is the man, we have to get him.
We got the #1 pick in the worst draft ever and thanks to last night's win, we pretty much lost a shot to get Andrew Luck.

Always a day later and a dollar short.

• Rulo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
You can't think like that homie. be glad for the win and hope that what we saw out of the o line last night will be what we see the rest of the year. We have no clue how Arizona season will play out. If they end up with Luck then oh well the niners have to strap up and beat him just like they have to do with Bradford.

Dont get me Wrong, I am very happy for the win, and was rooting from the very begining to the end, but now Im afraid that maybe it was a meaningless win, and maybe we just lost more than we won last night.... hope Im wrong tho...
That would really suck having to deal with Bradford and Luck should he develop into this prospect.

York better realize that the owners in the NFC West are wayyy ahead of his ass and have more to show as the last 10 years have shown!

Bradford is and was a better prospect then Luck...SUCH A LONG TIME!!! ZOMG
I'd take the win anyday than hope to lose for draft picks.
OH STFU WITH THAT CRAP

You guys were singing the same tune about Lienart before he came out of college.
Share 49ersWebzone