There are 271 users in the forums

What is the General Concensus? Do we...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the General Concensus? Do we...

Originally posted by Chico:
Originally posted by fly15:
Just fire Singletary

Just hire Gruden/Holmgren!

Harbaugh! Just about every team that needs a HC has him high on their list for a reason. I hear Michigan is interested in trying to steal him away from Standford as well. There is a reason why everyone wants him to be their HC. They guy knows football.

a little suffering now will bring us success for the next 20 years or so if we get these two guys.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

a little suffering now will bring us success for the next 20 years or so if we get these two guys.

Everybody is so Luck hyped on this WZ. It's funny. You do realize we have 3 wins already right? The team picking him will have less than that. If we tanked every game left we are not getting him.

And Harbaugh will cost $7 Million a year to convince him to come to the NFL. Plus he will want total and absolute control. YORKIES aint paying $7 Million a year for a coach and they don't like all the power in one person after NoWin. They like it broken up for better or worse.

So it's no on both. We aren't getting either.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 29, 2010 at 03:24:39 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Everybody is so Luck hyped on this WZ. It's funny. You do realize we have 3 wins already right? The team picking him will have less than that. If we tanked every game left we are not getting him.

And Harbaugh will cost $7 Million a year to convince him to come to the NFL. Plus he will want total and absolute control. YORKIES aint paying $7 Million a year for a coach and they don't like all the power in one person after NoWin. They like it broken up for better or worse.

this is the first picture i've seen of A.Luck, and upon seein him for the first time, i've concluded he looks way too much like jed york for me to feel like he's the savior of this team
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Tank the season, the only way this team is going to get better is to get better players. Top 5 pick is what I voted, too bad we woin't have a shot at Luck, though.
sing will find a way to tank our hopes anyway

So prepare for a huge 9ers win today
Originally posted by mayo49:
Tank the season, the only way this team is going to get better is to get better players. Top 5 pick is what I voted, too bad we woin't have a shot at Luck, though.

Which is why I am hoping that some miracle occurs where the 49ers ownership actually trades up to nab him. Look at the Jets and Giants with Sanchez and Manning. They had the balls to make a move and they got their guy.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Which is why I am hoping that some miracle occurs where the 49ers ownership actually trades up to nab him. Look at the Jets and Giants with Sanchez and Manning. They had the balls to make a move and they got their guy.

Agree.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 29, 2010 at 06:44:58 ]
Mallett
Originally posted by binary2nd:
I dunno why everyone is blaming the Yorks. The fanbase fell in love with Sing hardcore after meaningless wins in '08. All signs were pointing to the Yorks trying to find an offensive HC, but everyone fell in love with this doofus.

The unintelligent fanbase has no one to blame but themselves.

unintelligent fanbase? did we pick the f**kin coaches dude? what were "all the signs" u speak of? did they take a fan poll for who we wanted out of their s**tty candidates? get real

give me a break most fans wanted sing dont even try saying its not true
49er fans are so lame..................the end

STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION

We're waiting until the end of the year when there are more options at HC

IT'S OBVIOUS
  • dj43

Actually, as it stands right now, the 49ers, drafting 6th, would have an excellent chance at Luck, barring someone trading ahead of them.

1. Carolina just drafted Jimmy Claussen.

2. Detroit has Matthew Stafford. Though he has had injury trouble, they need OL help, not another QB

3. Cincy has Palmer and other needs bigger than replacing Palmer although he seems to have hit a mediocre plateau.

4. The Bills have an emerging star in Ryan Fitzpatrick.

5. Denver has Orton and Tebow.

6. The Cowboys have Romo.

Chances are the 49ers will almost certainly drop below the Cowboys, and possibly Denver and even the Bills.

----------------

The questions mark is AZ. If they drop below the 49ers in the standings, then we can forget about Andrew Luck.

The Vikings also need a QB unless they think Tarvaris Jackson will develop. They are an old team with a lot of needs. Hard to see them trading up for Luck.

The Browns have McCoy.

I cannot see any other teams picking before the 49ers, so, yes, there is a good chance that if they stay at the same level of play, they could draft Luck barring a big trade-up by Seattle or Tennessee.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
I dunno why everyone is blaming the Yorks. The fanbase fell in love with Sing hardcore after meaningless wins in '08. All signs were pointing to the Yorks trying to find an offensive HC, but everyone fell in love with this doofus.

The unintelligent fanbase has no one to blame but themselves.

unintelligent fanbase? did we pick the f**kin coaches dude? what were "all the signs" u speak of? did they take a fan poll for who we wanted out of their s**tty candidates? get real

Both views are correct to some extent.

The fans here on the Zone were behind Sing for the most part. Many argued relentlessly that Sing was the tough savior the team needed.

But, the actual choice was made by the Yorks. And they allowed him to operate without restrictions, allowed him to fire Martz and hire Raye. A real GM would not have let an interim coach make those decisions on his own. Of all the amateur things Jeb has done, allowing that move was the worst.
  • Rulo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Actually, as it stands right now, the 49ers, drafting 6th, would have an excellent chance at Luck, barring someone trading ahead of them.

2. Detroit has Matthew Stafford. Though he has had injury trouble, they need OL help, not another QB

3. Cincy has Palmer and other needs bigger than replacing Palmer although he seems to have hit a mediocre plateau.

Chances are the 49ers will almost certainly drop below the Cowboys, and possibly Denver and even the Bills.

----------------

The questions mark is AZ. If they drop below the 49ers in the standings, then we can forget about Andrew Luck.

The Vikings also need a QB unless they think Tarvaris Jackson will develop. They are an old team with a lot of needs. Hard to see them trading up for Luck.

The Browns have McCoy.

I cannot see any other teams picking before the 49ers, so, yes, there is a good chance that if they stay at the same level of play, they could draft Luck barring a big trade-up by Seattle or Tennessee.

Right!!, because there are no trades on draft day.....
  • dj43
Originally posted by Rulo:
Originally posted by dj43:

----------------

The Browns have McCoy.

Right!!, because there are no trades on draft day.....
The NFL is in a very curious place right now. The majority of teams have average-to-below overage QBs. So while most of them would love to have an Andrew Luck to replace their current starter, the position they are likely to wind up in is such that the cost to move into the top 5 to draft Luck would cost them AT LEAST a future #1 plus a 2nd, or some similar combination. Consequently, very few teams will be willing to give up that much of their future for him.

As I noted, Detroit is a question mark, otherwise it is all about Arizona, Seattle and the Vikings.
Share 49ersWebzone