LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 326 users in the forums

What is the General Concensus? Do we...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is the General Concensus? Do we...

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

a little suffering now will bring us success for the next 20 years or so if we get these two guys.

Everybody is so Luck hyped on this WZ. It's funny. You do realize we have 3 wins already right? The team picking him will have less than that. If we tanked every game left we are not getting him.

And Harbaugh will cost $7 Million a year to convince him to come to the NFL. Plus he will want total and absolute control. YORKIES aint paying $7 Million a year for a coach and they don't like all the power in one person after NoWin. They like it broken up for better or worse.

So it's no on both. We aren't getting either.

Actually, as it stands right now, the 49ers, drafting 6th, would have an excellent chance at Luck, barring someone trading ahead of them.

1. Carolina just drafted Jimmy Claussen.

2. Detroit has Matthew Stafford. Though he has had injury trouble, they need OL help, not another QB

3. Cincy has Palmer and other needs bigger than replacing Palmer although he seems to have hit a mediocre plateau.

4. The Bills have an emerging star in Ryan Fitzpatrick.

5. Denver has Orton and Tebow.

6. The Cowboys have Romo.

Chances are the 49ers will almost certainly drop below the Cowboys, and possibly Denver and even the Bills.

----------------

The questions mark is AZ. If they drop below the 49ers in the standings, then we can forget about Andrew Luck.

The Vikings also need a QB unless they think Tarvaris Jackson will develop. They are an old team with a lot of needs. Hard to see them trading up for Luck.

The Browns have McCoy.

I cannot see any other teams picking before the 49ers, so, yes, there is a good chance that if they stay at the same level of play, they could draft Luck barring a big trade-up by Seattle or Tennessee.

You are dreaming. Keep dreaming. Dream world is more fun than 49ers real world.

1) Carolina would take him. Claussen is not a franchise guy. He's stop gap value in the round he was picked.

2) Detroit would not take him.

3) Cincy would take him. Palmer is getting older and is injured a lot.

4) If the Bills have such a star QB why do they lose every game? They would take him.

5) Denver probably would not take him with the current coach.

6) How many playoff games have the Cowboys won with Romo? They haven't gone anywhere with him. You can't guarantee they wouldn't take him.

7) Mulitipe teams would trade 2 first rounders and other picks to move up.

If you think Andrew Luck is falling to #6 you are smoking some serious stuff + drinking heavily too. And I think you should sober up...

Andrew Luck is not falling out of #1 or #2 overall at the latest whoever is picking or trading up. There is NO SCENARIO where he falls to #7. NONE. NADA.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 29, 2010 at 14:28:34 ]

a little suffering now will bring us success for the next 20 years or so if we get these two guys.

Everybody is so Luck hyped on this WZ. It's funny. You do realize we have 3 wins already right? The team picking him will have less than that. If we tanked every game left we are not getting him.

And Harbaugh will cost $7 Million a year to convince him to come to the NFL. Plus he will want total and absolute control. YORKIES aint paying $7 Million a year for a coach and they don't like all the power in one person after NoWin. They like it broken up for better or worse.

Actually, as it stands right now, the 49ers, drafting 6th, would have an excellent chance at Luck, barring someone trading ahead of them.

2. Detroit has Matthew Stafford. Though he has had injury trouble, they need OL help, not another QB

3. Cincy has Palmer and other needs bigger than replacing Palmer although he seems to have hit a mediocre plateau.

Chances are the 49ers will almost certainly drop below the Cowboys, and possibly Denver and even the Bills.

----------------

The questions mark is AZ. If they drop below the 49ers in the standings, then we can forget about Andrew Luck.

The Vikings also need a QB unless they think Tarvaris Jackson will develop. They are an old team with a lot of needs. Hard to see them trading up for Luck.

The Browns have McCoy.

I cannot see any other teams picking before the 49ers, so, yes, there is a good chance that if they stay at the same level of play, they could draft Luck barring a big trade-up by Seattle or Tennessee.

1) Carolina would take him. Claussen is not a franchise guy. He's stop gap value in the round he was picked.

4) If the Bills have such a star QB why do they lose every game? They would take him.

6) How many playoff games have the Cowboys won with Romo? They haven't gone anywhere with him. You can't guarantee they wouldn't take him.

If you think Andrew Luck is falling to #6 you are smoking some serious stuff + drinking heavily too. And I think you should sober up...

Andrew Luck is not falling out of #1 or #2 overall at the latest whoever is picking or trading up. There is NO SCENARIO where he falls to #7. NONE. NADA.

carolina has so many more needs than QB, they have clausen for now and will probably build up their lines since they have a few good RBs on offense. Detroit wont take Luck. Cincy might take him but they have a really s**tty defense so they may go defense. arizona would take him but i think the bigger armed guys could attract them more so they may wait to get another QB later on. The bills score points, their problem is defense. fitzpatrick looks to be pretty good and they have a lot of holes to fill also, they will probably trade out of their spot. denver wont take him with orton on pace to throw 5000 yards and tebow sitting on the bench. the cowboys have a lot of problems but maybe coaching was their biggest, they may take luck but i highly doubt it. Luck will not be there at 6 he will go 1st overall, 2nd at the very worse but that team probably wont keep him. he will be traded. us at 5 or 6 will be close enough to move up and get him.
This season is toast; awaiting next season to unfold
With a quality front office and coaching staff, it won't matter where we draft. WHen is the last time you saw Pittsburgh or Indianapolis with a Top 5 pick, yet they consistently draft well.
  • dj43

----------------

The Browns have McCoy.

A team with as many problems at Carolina has would be foolish to take Luck.

Quote:
Agree

Quote:
I admit that is a possibility but they have several needs that are greater than a backup for Palmer. Part of Palmer's problem is that 85 no longer works for the ball. Finally, Palmer has been relatively healthy the last couple of years.

Quote:
Fitzpatrick is the main reason they have been in as many games as the have. He is on his way to becoming a very good QB in this league.

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Romo continues to be a top 10 QB. Yes, I can guarantee they will not take Luck unless they send Romo to Carolina in exchange for their 1st overall pick.

Quote:
I agreed that could happen but the list may be a lot shorter than some think.

Quote:
I think there is an overdose of Luck Fever, not alcoholism, on this board. He is good but not guaranteed franchise good.

As I said, barring a major trade, the 49ers have a good chance. That chance will be even greater if the 49ers lose tonight, which would not surprise me. As a matter of fact, it would not surprise me to see them wind up 4-12 with the 3rd overall pick. There are a lot of under-achievers on this team that are just not putting in the effort to win. A loss tonight and the few that are still working hard will be fully offset by those who aren't and they go goose egg for the balance of the season. I am not hoping for that but I just don't see the effort being expended to get a positive result.
Share 49ersWebzone