There are 251 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Anthony Davis was impressive today

That for me was the single bright spot on the day, considering I am now officially off the Troy Smith bandwagon.

Agreed. Sad part is, he's still the best we've got. Both the Smith's suck about the same, so it's really a toss up which one to start. Carr is obviously not even worth thinking about.
Takeo and Vernon played with real heart today. Ginn is a huge improvement with punt and KO returns but will never be a receiver. Yes, the O-line played better but when there are 8 in the box on the 5 yd line, running up the middle isn't going to work.

Too many stupid penalties. You can't beat GB with FG's when you are inside the red zone. It all comes back to caching. I think we would be hugely better with a real head coach.
I watched a team quit on both sides of the ball today. The defense literally threw the game cause they got sick and tired of having to compensate for the offense (and it's horrid scheme/personality).

Yup, that Greg Jennings TD pretty much said it all in that game.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Takeo and Vernon played with real heart today. Ginn is a huge improvement with punt and KO returns but will never be a receiver. Yes, the O-line played better but when there are 8 in the box on the 5 yd line, running up the middle isn't going to work.

Too many stupid penalties. You can't beat GB with FG's when you are inside the red zone. It all comes back to caching. I think we would be hugely better with a real head coach.

and a real QB
That the game was 14-13 at the half was just a tease...there was no way we were going to hang with the Packers for a full game. Rodgers is just too good...he has elite receivers who exposed our average (at best) secondary. I'd like to see the YAC stats for GB...they must be off the charts. Not to start another SMith-Smith QB controversy, but I do think Alex would've put more points on the board. It wouldn't have been enough, though, because our defense seemed to forget how to tackle (save Spikes, who put on a veritable clinic). I was surprised we hung with them the whole first half...but in the 2nd half the Niners showed their true colors. Rodgers picked them apart and his receivers made our secondary look like amateurs.

I watched some of the Seattle-Carolina game on RZ...and they came back strong after falling behind 14-0. Hasselbeck got it going and their run game came alive. That doesn't bode well for the Niners, despite playing them at home. Now that the Raiders embarrased SD, they'll be out for blood when they play us. Then it's St. Louis on the road...and we wont' win their either. Best chance for win#5 is the last game at home vs 'Zona, who's more pitiful than we are. Just keepin' it real, folks.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
That the game was 14-13 at the half was just a tease...there was no way we were going to hang with the Packers for a full game. Rodgers is just too good...he has elite receivers who exposed our average (at best) secondary. I'd like to see the YAC stats for GB...they must be off the charts. Not to start another SMith-Smith QB controversy, but I do think Alex would've put more points on the board. It wouldn't have been enough, though, because our defense seemed to forget how to tackle (save Spikes, who put on a veritable clinic). I was surprised we hung with them the whole first half...but in the 2nd half the Niners showed their true colors. Rodgers picked them apart and his receivers made our secondary look like amateurs.

I watched some of the Seattle-Carolina game on RZ...and they came back strong after falling behind 14-0. Hasselbeck got it going and their run game came alive. That doesn't bode well for the Niners, despite playing them at home. Now that the Raiders embarrased SD, they'll be out for blood when they play us. Then it's St. Louis on the road...and we wont' win their either. Best chance for win#5 is the last game at home vs 'Zona, who's more pitiful than we are. Just keepin' it real, folks.

Sounds about right. 5-11 Singletary
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
the scary part is that after 8 years of rebuilding this team has so many holes and some of things that were fixed are broken again.

Agree
The defense should have audibled out of that blitz when Rodgers peeped game...that was the beginning of the end
[ Edited by PlasmaHero on Dec 5, 2010 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
the scary part is that after 8 years of rebuilding this team has so many holes and some of things that were fixed are broken again.

Agree

Every team has holes, they just have good coaches to cover it up. Case in point, everybody knew Taylor Mays was a liability in coverage coming out of USC, but was pretty good when it came to playing the run...a good coach would take that knowledge and play him closer to the box like many strong safeties, but not our coaches, they played him back like a free safety, which he is not.
I don't like Josh Morgan, I think he plays like he doesn't give a s**t. I hope the next coaching regime sees that he's nothing special and improves that position.

• Jiks
Partick Willis had 5 whole tackles today. Even he is having a down/horrible year for his standards.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I don't like Josh Morgan, I think he plays like he doesn't give a s**t. I hope the next coaching regime sees that he's nothing special and improves that position.

never liked Morgan
we suck

we suck

we suck
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I watched a team quit on both sides of the ball today. The defense literally threw the game cause they got sick and tired of having to compensate for the offense (and it's horrid scheme/personality).

Yup, that Greg Jennings TD pretty much said it all in that game.

or the donald driver one
Share 49ersWebzone