LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Post all post-game analysis on this thread.

Personally I think pretty much everything we saw today we already knew. The defense is a below average group that gives up the big play far too often. The offensive line is streaky at best, and Troy Smith holds the ball too long and does not make good decisions.

The coaching was poor as usual throughout the game. Johnson's playcalling was suspect and clearly we did not adjust in the ways we had to at the half.

I suppose the one thing I did learn is that Troy Smith is really bad in the Red Zone. The kid needs some serious work in that area. I personally think Alex is the better QB. But Troy is the better athlete, and that his willingness to try to make plays makes it worth continuing to start him.

All this being said... we are probably THE worst coached team in the NFL. I like the ability of our backs and receivers. I think we clearly need to scrap the coaching staff, but other than that we really just need a QB and a defensive back. This team rips my heart out every single week. But we're close and I'm not about to lose faith now.
Coaching, coaching, coaching...cant wait for Harbaugh.
We'll have to look at the film
It's not about what we learned it's about what the team and organization learned. I would say nothing. We are still jumping offsides 15 times a game and then standing there while the other team uses their free play. We still can't manage a game and play call. Troy Smith holds onto the ball like he has an hour to pass the ball. Doesn't know when to run. Oh and on top of it we are a professional team who doesn't know how to bring longer cleats to a piece of s**t Lambeau field.
We still don't have a legitimate starting caliber QB on this team.
Our o-line played pretty damn good.
Originally posted by dcsham:
Troy cannot beat a good team
Originally posted by dcsham:

Tip of the hat!

Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
We still don't have a legitimate starting caliber QB on this team.

True, though I would like to see us keep Troy as our #2.
  • Veteran
So coach, why did you opt to run the ball three times before the half with 56 seconds on the clock?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
...we are a professional team who doesn't know how to bring longer cleats to a piece of s**t Lambeau field.

Don't you mean 'UN-professional'?
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Nothing we didn't already know. We still have problems at HC/OC/QB and our secondary isn't any good.
the scary part is that after 8 years of rebuilding this team has so many holes and some of things that were fixed are broken again.
Share 49ersWebzone