LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Green Bay Packers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anyone have a link to the Postgame conference?
Originally posted by BringBackTO:

www.youhaves**tonmyteam.com
Originally posted by SaksV:
Originally posted by RKab:
I'm sure there's discussion of this elsewhere, but is it time to jump out of the 3-4 and go back to a 4-3 next year? What advantage is left in running this system? Since so many teams are running it the draft day advantage is dwindling and constantly drafting "tweeners" and hoping they turn out has not done well for us. Our pass rush has never been that great with the 3-4 and the team is yet to really hit on a a 3-4 pass rusher.

Many talk about how a 4-3 would better utilize Willis. I remember Marshall Faulk talking about it on NFL-N not so long ago. And our NT Franklin has been mediocre at best and will be a FA. Spikes only has a year or two left inside. Bowman may be better suited on the outside.

Haralson is probably a better play as DE, same with Brooks. Lawson, if he stays would have no problem converting to a 4-3 OLB.

I look at teams that consistently get great pass rush, Phi, NYG, Ten and they run with a smaller 4-3 line. To me, if you don't have stud pass rusher I don't see any big advantage running the 3-4.

I see what you're saying but how do you explain the number 1 ranked Chargers defense, the Steelers D and the Packers I believe have the NFL Leader in sacks.
Coaching and good drafts... we have neither. so HELLLO 4-3.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
Originally posted by 190836:
So coach, why did you opt to run the ball three times before the half with 56 seconds on the clock?

Coach: I don't know, I'll have to look at the film.

Apparently he said it 5x in his post game.

OMG, I didn't know that. What a tool.

wow just wow

I counted six
We have a better chance of winning next week with Alex Smith as our starting QB.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
49ers win this game w/ Gore?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

No way

nope.
Originally posted by RKab:
I'm sure there's discussion of this elsewhere, but is it time to jump out of the 3-4 and go back to a 4-3 next year? What advantage is left in running this system? Since so many teams are running it the draft day advantage is dwindling and constantly drafting "tweeners" and hoping they turn out has not done well for us. Our pass rush has never been that great with the 3-4 and the team is yet to really hit on a a 3-4 pass rusher.

Many talk about how a 4-3 would better utilize Willis. I remember Marshall Faulk talking about it on NFL-N not so long ago. And our NT Franklin has been mediocre at best and will be a FA. Spikes only has a year or two left inside. Bowman may be better suited on the outside.

Haralson is probably a better play as DE, same with Brooks. Lawson, if he stays would have no problem converting to a 4-3 OLB.

I look at teams that consistently get great pass rush, Phi, NYG, Ten and they run with a smaller 4-3 line. To me, if you don't have stud pass rusher I don't see any big advantage running the 3-4.

I agree and I have been saying that for a while. We still really do not have the proper players for a 3-4. Willis would be much better in a 4-3 and Bowman is made for the 4-3. Re-sign Lawson and you got your 3 LB's. On the D-line we could go with Justin Smith at either end spot, Soaps and Jean-Francois inside and hopefully get not only a big time pass rusher, but a really good DE to go opposite J Smith.
god we suck. its really embarrassing!

Not a chance in hell.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
We have a better chance of winning next week with Alex Smith as our starting QB.

Originally posted by BringBackTO:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d81ca95f2/49ers-postgame-press-conference?module=HP_video
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
from twitter (after game):

MaioccoCSN 49ers team president Jed York said he still believes 49ers can win NFC West. There will be no changes, York said.

As if that's sayin somthing! Who cares if we win this crappy divison... What does winning this divison possibly prove!

This why our organization sucks!... the organization is satisfied with mediocracy!

Yes!!! You summed it up right there... Written like a true veteran zoner.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

Of course we do, but who cares about wins at this point? And why on earth would Alex want to play for this crapfest again? He'll get a chance somewhere else next season.
Share 49ersWebzone