49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 474 users in the forums

Who Is going to keep watching games!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who Is going to keep watching games!?

  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Because unlike Dexter, I get no satisfaction out of it.

Dexter watches 49ers games?
I like to watch trainwrecks.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Because unlike Dexter, I get no satisfaction out of it.

Dexter watches 49ers games?

It's probably the real reason why he's a serial killer. He's just too ashamed to admit it that he uses his mother's murder as an excuse.

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Nov 22, 2010 at 04:45:07 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

It's probably the real reason why he's a serial killer. He's just too ashamed to admit it that he uses his mother's murder as an excuse.

Yeah, I totally get that. I do... I mean... I would do the same.
There are only 16 games per year. Of course I'm going to watch them, terrible or not.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Yes.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
There are only 16 games per year. Of course I'm going to watch them, terrible or not.

It's sad that we assume only 16 now.
People here seem to have extremely short memories, and can also border on being emotionally unstable.

I never stopped watching in 2004 when we went 2-14, and that team was FAR WORSE in every way imagineable.

2004:

Second to last in the league in points scored.
Last in the league in points given up.
Last in the league (by a wide margin) in point differential.
Second to last in the league in turnover differential.

Our starting QBs were Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey.
Our starting RB was Kevan Barlow.
Our best receivers were Cedric Wilson and Arnaz Battle.
Our leading tackler was Derek Smith.
Jamie Winborn and Jeff Ulbrich made up the rest of our starting LB corps.
Ronnie Heard was our starting FS and Dwaine Carpenter was our starting CB.
Our best defensive lineman (BY was old, ineffective and about to retire) was Anthony Adams.

NONE of these guys could have ever started for another team. I'd MUCH rather have Alex & Troy Smith, Frank Gore, Crabs, Morgan, Davis, a very young oline, Justin Smith, Franklin, P-Willy, Lawson, or Goldson than ANY of those players.

I'd much rather have Jed York than John York.

Mike Singeltary and Dennis Erickson might be the only "push" in the entire organization.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
People here seem to have extremely short memories, and can also border on being emotionally unstable.

I never stopped watching in 2004 when we went 2-14, and that team was FAR WORSE in every way imagineable.

2004:

Second to last in the league in points scored.
Last in the league in points given up.
Last in the league (by a wide margin) in point differential.
Second to last in the league in turnover differential.

Our starting QBs were Tim Rattay and Ken Dorsey.
Our starting RB was Kevan Barlow.
Our best receivers were Cedric Wilson and Arnaz Battle.
Our leading tackler was Derek Smith.
Jamie Winborn and Jeff Ulbrich made up the rest of our starting LB corps.
Ronnie Heard was our starting FS and Dwaine Carpenter was our starting CB.
Our best defensive lineman (BY was old, ineffective and about to retire) was Anthony Adams.

NONE of these guys could have ever started for another team. I'd MUCH rather have Alex & Troy Smith, Frank Gore, Crabs, Morgan, Davis, a very young oline, Justin Smith, Franklin, P-Willy, Lawson, or Goldson than ANY of those players.

I'd much rather have Jed York than John York.

Mike Singeltary and Dennis Erickson might be the only "push" in the entire organization.

I remember it all too clearly, but at least I was realistic and had no aspirations. Also, I had more time to enjoy myself during the rest of the week. Sunday I was usually resting from the weekend and/or curing a hangover so it's not like I was up for much else.

Now I have less time for myself and the 49ers ain't making my time off anymore pleasant. This is just my personal situation anyway.
I had the game on, but I didnt waste my effort to sit their and watch every miserable run up the middle with Gore. I did some work, and shook my head as I walked by the screen. I could have went to the game but I heard it was going to pour, so I stayed home. If we were 6-3, and can play normal football, I would stand out there in a downpour, like I used to do in the "winning" days.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
People here seem to have extremely short memories, and can also border on being emotionally unstable.

I never stopped watching in 2004 when we went 2-14, and that team was FAR WORSE in every way imagineable.

I remember it all too clearly, but at least I was realistic and had no aspirations.

I'm emotionally unstable. I still plan on watching the games. I just have a different attitude.

If they do something good, Yay! If they do something bad... ok, I'm lying.

f**k YOU SINGLETARY!
i have to, it's like an addiction...unfortunately
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,476
Originally posted by TheCatch:
I had the game on, but I didnt waste my effort to sit their and watch every miserable run up the middle with Gore. I did some work, and shook my head as I walked by the screen. I could have went to the game but I heard it was going to pour, so I stayed home. If we were 6-3, and can play normal football, I would stand out there in a downpour, like I used to do in the "winning" days.

You know what actually happened to me?

I was pretty pissed at the play calling in the first half.

Then at some point... I think at the start of the second half... there was a commercial with The Beatles song Let It Be....

I wasn't upset during the second half.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
I had the game on, but I didnt waste my effort to sit their and watch every miserable run up the middle with Gore. I did some work, and shook my head as I walked by the screen. I could have went to the game but I heard it was going to pour, so I stayed home. If we were 6-3, and can play normal football, I would stand out there in a downpour, like I used to do in the "winning" days.

You know what actually happened to me?

I was pretty pissed at the play calling in the first half.

Then at some point... I think at the start of the second half... there was a commercial with The Beatles song Let It Be....

I wasn't upset during the second half.

The way to think about this mess for sure.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by TheCatch:
I had the game on, but I didnt waste my effort to sit their and watch every miserable run up the middle with Gore. I did some work, and shook my head as I walked by the screen. I could have went to the game but I heard it was going to pour, so I stayed home. If we were 6-3, and can play normal football, I would stand out there in a downpour, like I used to do in the "winning" days.

You know what actually happened to me?

I was pretty pissed at the play calling in the first half.

Then at some point... I think at the start of the second half... there was a commercial with The Beatles song Let It Be....

I wasn't upset during the second half.

The way to think about this mess for sure.

It's the NFL, you got to enjoy it while it's on. Once the season is over, everyone will be b***hing about how they miss it. Enjoy while it here.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 22, 2010 at 05:57:22 ]
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone