LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 164 users in the forums

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Starting Alex gives us a great chance at getting Andrew Luck.....
I think he should, but he probably wont.
He's better than Troy. But I mean, come on. With our coaches, O-Line, and secondary it really doesn't matter.
No. Troy Smith deserves a little more time. Both Troy and Smith suffer from the same disease-Mike Singletary.
It's funny how Alex had excuses after every game in which he sucked and was given chance after chance, but Troy plays poorly in one game and that's all he gets?
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how Alex had excuses after every game in which he sucked and was given chance after chance, but Troy plays poorly in one game and that's all he gets?

Troy played poorly against Denver for the most part IMO. Results don't automatically = playing well, especially over such a small sample size.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Until the 49ers address the coaching, and offensive line issues, who takes the snaps will not make a difference.

That being said, Alex's time in S.F is over. I think that much is clear. So why put him back in there?

I agree. I would be wanting to try and get something for him this off season. Therefore, why risk damaging the goods any further?

What "goods?"
we give alex 6 years

but troy 3 games

brilliant
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Troy played poorly against Denver for the most part IMO. Results don't automatically = playing well, especially over such a small sample size.

Once they opened the offense against Denver he looked good.
Originally posted by YungAce:
nes

Yo

If Alex is healthy I'd start him over Troy.

Troy is a good backup qb and we should keep him on the roster. He was okay against poor teams and had a bit of luck on his side, which we really needed but thats over now.

It should be obvious now, even to all the Alex haters, that the real problem with this team is the Oline and the playcalling.

The problem for Sing now is that his theory about going with the hot hand just went out the window. What will poor Sing do? "look at more film"
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Starting Alex gives us a great chance at getting Andrew Luck.....
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Once they opened the offense against Denver he looked good.

A couple times he did but just OK for the most part and pretty bad a few times. Like I said, the results don't always tell the whole story over a small sample size.
No. Very conservitive play calling
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I like A Smith, but I think we know all there is to know at this point. Let's see how T Smith responds to this next week.

At this point we are playing for next season.
Share 49ersWebzone