LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 360 users in the forums

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
yup, sing said troy was the starter on a week to week basis. troy doesnt deserve another start based on this performance

How is it Troy's fault M.Sing game planned him out of the first half of the game?

lol, here comes the troyexcuses

Then how do you explain, run, run, pass? Everything was 3rd and long.

and Alex never had that issue........

And your point is?

people didn't see that as a problem he had to deal with...usually he was blamed for it because "he cant make plays" or "all he does is check down" or "he just rolls right and throws it away"

He go nothing from this staff and was blamed, booed, and cheered when he was not able to play.

That might be true for a few fans, but I think most hated how he never took chances, had no touch and poor accuracy. That was the issue.

He has kept us in games to the end, he has kept it close with good teams. Troy has played against 1 good team and got shut out. Neither are the answer but Jesus Christ we played the worst game of the season today and Alex wasn't in...can it actually get worse? If Alex was in today the fans would of booed him again, major double standard with the kid.

Alex has been on the team 6yrs. Troy has been on this team 10 weeks. We've seen year after year of Alex and the same issues. Troy has had 2 games with a 100 QB rating and one game he didn't do something spectacular and now he is 3rd stringer? Give me a break.

Can we at least let him finish out the season?

The Bucs are 6-3. We couldn't run the ball at all and their clock eating O kept our cock eating D on the field. The
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex fans seem to be happy that Troy played like crap.
f**k alex smith, i want him off this team he has ruined niner talk!!!!!!!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by susweel:
I honestly think Asked would have played even worse if that's even possible. Our line was not giving any time to pass at all. Alex probably would have gotten sacked like ten times and thrown 3 int's.

Ehhhh no. Alex has scored a TD on the opening drive of three out of the last 4 games. We didn't even get into the redzone today.

And then the God AS went on to guide us through the rest of the 55 minutes of play, culminating in win after win, playoff appearance after playoff appearance, year after year after 6th year.

The total body of evidence does not support AS.
yup, sing said troy was the starter on a week to week basis. troy doesnt deserve another start based on this performance

How is it Troy's fault M.Sing game planned him out of the first half of the game?

lol, here comes the troyexcuses

Then how do you explain, run, run, pass? Everything was 3rd and long.

and Alex never had that issue........

And your point is?

people didn't see that as a problem he had to deal with...usually he was blamed for it because "he cant make plays" or "all he does is check down" or "he just rolls right and throws it away"

He go nothing from this staff and was blamed, booed, and cheered when he was not able to play.

That might be true for a few fans, but I think most hated how he never took chances, had no touch and poor accuracy. That was the issue.

He has kept us in games to the end, he has kept it close with good teams. Troy has played against 1 good team and got shut out. Neither are the answer but Jesus Christ we played the worst game of the season today and Alex wasn't in...can it actually get worse? If Alex was in today the fans would of booed him again, major double standard with the kid.

Alex has been on the team 6yrs. Troy has been on this team 10 weeks. We've seen year after year of Alex and the same issues. Troy has had 2 games with a 100 QB rating and one game he didn't do something spectacular and now he is 3rd stringer? Give me a break.

Can we at least let him finish out the season?

The Bucs are 6-3. We couldn't run the ball at all and their clock eating O kept our cock eating D on the field. The

If we let him finish it wont be respectable...would you want to be shut out the rest of the season? He got lucky the with those wins, played one decent team and was destroyed. Troy managed to do something in 10 weeks that Alex hadn't in 6 years, think about that. Do you really want to lose to the Cardinals....Troy starting could actually make that happen. Alex wasn't benched he was hurt, now that he's healthy he should go back in.
Originally posted by teeohh:
f**k alex smith, i want him off this team he has ruined niner talk!!!!!!!

lol
Until the 49ers address the coaching, and offensive line issues, who takes the snaps will not make a difference.

That being said, Alex's time in S.F is over. I think that much is clear. So why put him back in there?
Really doesn't matter what WE want anyway. Those that have given up on #11 obviously want him off the field forever. Those who believe he can still turn his career around probably think it best to put him back in over Troy. No question about it, fans have player preferences. But at the end of the day, we just have to roll with whatever the organization decides. I can see valid reasons for either decision.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by tianshi:
NO!! www.base-price.comwww.base-price.com

Stop spamming
The bucs are' the second worst run defense , yet they looked solid today. Really hurt Troy on 3rd downs. But Troy looked bad over all today

Originally posted by tianshi:
NO!! www.base-price.comwww.base-price.com

Why don't you go look at the film
I hope so.
There's a lot of talk of the "run, run, pass" play calling of the offense. However, the play by play from NFL.com shows that in the first half the 49ers called 12 pass plays and 10 run plays. Yet, Troy only threw the ball 8 of those times(caveat, one play there was a roughing the passer penalty though it was an incomplete pass). he was 4-8 for 38 yards and 2 sacks in that time. If I'm the play caller I'm not going to have too much confidence in my passing attack to go deep. They were probably trying to run to open up the pass in the second half.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Until the 49ers address the coaching, and offensive line issues, who takes the snaps will not make a difference.

That being said, Alex's time in S.F is over. I think that much is clear. So why put him back in there?

I agree. I would be wanting to try and get something for him this off season. Therefore, why risk damaging the goods any further?
Yall are trippen!...ALEX IS THRU FOR US!...PERIOD!...What do we need to see from him that we havent already seen???...Alex is our back up QB for the rest of the season and thats it! I would rather see how Troy bounces back from this and see more from him before we go into next season...Please...No more Alex!
Share 49ersWebzone