LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sing definitely had his paws all over this game, and the QB running it. Troy may be a 2 game wonder, but if you look at Troy during the entire game he looked like a man who was just threatened with a ransom on his family!

Thank God this will all be over soon... 6 weeks cannot come any sooner.
We are being coached to play passive. This loss is Sing's fault.

Clearly, the HC told Mike Johnson and/or Troy Smith to not take chances. If you play safe then you end up with a mediocre team at best. Great teams always take risks. Sometimes those risks work in their favor and sometimes they do not. But their players determine which, not the HC.

Sing does not understand fundamental football; he has the mind of a DL - defense is everything to him. Unfortunately, that simply is not the case in modern football. He does trust his players to make plays.

Better that our players strive to b e great and fall short, than they strive to not make mistakes and never reach their potentials.

Get rid of Sing and hire a HC who understands offensive football and this team will win many more games and even be playoff worthy.

FIRE MIKE SINGLETARY!
For THIS? (Troy Smith) We keep Alex Smith on the bench????
Troy Smith showed exactly what he really is~~~~a Division II qb. Mike Singletary showed exactly what he is NOT!! An NFL Championship coach~~~

Next season, unless something bazaar happens~~~we will have a new HC. Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden, Mike HOLMGREN?????
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I wish we had 5 Mike Iupatis. Then we'd really kick as*.

he sucked today too!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Today's 49ers entire O-line, getting only 23 yards rushing (excluding QB scrambles) against the worst run defense in the NFL, averaging a whopping 150 yards a game given up.

That's the real story coming out of today.

The worst run-blocking I have ever seen.

Don't forget giving up 6 sacks to a team who had 8 in the previous 9 games. Didn't help that Troy Smith held onto the ball too long all day. Wonder if anyone was open. Good game plan to not get VD, Crabtree, Walker and company not involved. We should have play actioned early one one of the first plays. We didn't throw it deep all game long.

He could have chucked it out-of-bounds like Alex Smith would have done. What woudl have have acomplished?

The bucs played a 7-man front and guarded against the pass. Nobody was open.

Sacks mean loss of yards, throwing out of bounds means no loss...
o way. Jed is already texting every living soul this side of the Atlantic about how great we are.
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sing definitely had his paws all over this game, and the QB running it. Troy may be a 2 game wonder, but if you look at Troy during the entire game he looked like a man who was just threatened with a ransom on his family!

Thank God this will all be over soon... 6 weeks cannot come any sooner.

Well put! Sing definitely pulled in the reigns on Troy... as if Sing knows what he was doing.
Today's 49ers entire O-line, getting only 23 yards rushing (excluding QB scrambles) against the worst run defense in the NFL, averaging a whopping 150 yards a game given up.

That's the real story coming out of today.

The worst run-blocking I have ever seen.

To think that the Niners O-line just decided today not to run block is naive.

Credit Tampa for its gameplan, and discredit our coaching staff for coming up with a stinker of a gameplan.
really divison 2 QB?

last time i checked Ohio State was a power house School while Utah is a nobody school

who's the last Utah player that made the HOF?
I disagree. We do not need BIG changes.

We need ONE CHANGE: FIRE MIKE SINGLETARY AND HIRE A HC WHO UNDERSTANDS OFFENSIVE FOOTBALL!

If we make that one move then I believe this same team will prove to be playoff worthy.

• kray28
  • Veteran
I think this thread calls for:

Originally posted by Genius1310:
Who cares what the other NFC West teams are doing. Who cares what the records are. Who cares how many games out we are. I watch every second of every game (as painful as it is) and even if by some miracle we did get to the post season, we would get destroyed.
We need BIG changes in San Francisco.
I don't even look forward to Sundays anymore.

You must be a 49er season ticket holder -- niner fan base is the most sad-sack in the nfl.
Here's to the Andrew Luck Era hopefully.
But Jed York said....
Indeed, What happened to the O-Line today? I mean, we just got MAN HANDLED today. We couldn't run block and we really couldn't pass block. Horrible day on the line. Defense "SUX" BIG TIME. Spencer got schooled by a rookie, Parys was RUN over today and just as a whole, the "D" stopped nothing today.
Share 49ersWebzone