There are 177 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.

It's called being INCONSISTENT. Alex pulls off a great opening drive, then the play calling disappears for the rest of the half. This is the story of his career. Did the team make mistakes ? Yes. But good QBs can overcome at least SOME of those mistakes. Whenever we have a penalty, the drive is automatically stalled. Smith never pulls us out of 2nd/3rd and deep situation.

As for today, he was under pressure a few times, but he also had good coverage from the line as well. A couple time he ran OUT of the pocket just for the hell of it. Same roll out passes out of bounds. Same checkdowns without looking for a deep receivers........same 3-and-out drives.

You guys are basing your support of him today solely on Carr's play. Alex did nothing for us in the first hald aside from the opening drive. Stop blaming the receivers/oline, when in reality, it's not always the case.

fixed.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Any one of them.

They cant do any worse we are 1-6 and should be 0-7

Sing is hindering this team BIG time

Not supporting Sing here, but... be careful what you wish for.

Just ask the fans chanting for Carr.

BIG diff

Sing has PROVEN he doesnt know jack s**t about coaching an NFL team. Last year ppl gave him a pass because he was a young coach. No, he just f**king sucks. His philosophies(SP) are s**t and OLD. He doesnt know how to coach all he does and did was TALK and his players have tunned him out. There isnt any rason to keep him as coach. I dont give a f**k if we dont win another game this year with him involved in the D and O we know what to expect. MAYBE without him in the picture manusky and MJ can call plays like they want ( doubtful they both suck) but possible and atleast it could be entertaining

Sing is trash

so frustrated
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by defender49:
We any smith

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

I would argue against Alex being the problem. And so would Gore VD and the rest of the offense. The first drive looked damn good, but I bet Alex gets no credit for that from you. The offense was again littered with penalties and poor routes, and then you ask Alex to cover their mistakes. Alex is the glue holding us together as a semi-functioning offensive team, with Carr we are in complete disarray.

So Ill assume you were in the We Want Carr bandwagon, just by your banter. And with the venom some of you fans have towards Alex, it wouldnt be surprising if some of you cheered for Alex gong down, whether you'd admit it or not. So youre happy he had to come out, but not that he got hurt? I guess thats reasonable, but you deserve to suffer through every second your boy Carr is in there. Then you'll see just how much Smith contributes to this team.

It's called being INCONSISTENT. Alex pulls off a great opening drive, then the play calling disappears for the rest of the half. This is the story of his career. Did the team make mistakes ? Yes. But good QBs can overcome at least SOME of those mistakes. Whenever we have a penalty, the drive is automatically stalled. Smith never pulls us out of 2nd/3rd and deep situation.

As for today, he was under pressure a few times, but he also had good coverage from the line as well. A couple time he ran OUT of the pocket just for the hell of it. Same roll out passes out of bounds. Same checkdowns without looking for a deep receivers........same 3-and-out drives.

You guys are basing your support of him today solely on Carr's play. Alex did nothing for us in the first hald aside from the opening drive. Stop blaming the receivers/oline, when in reality, it's not always the case.

fixed.

More Alexcuses. Ever think about EXECUTION, as in Alex trying to throw downfield. Or do you actually believe that after every opening drive, the coaches call all receivers to go for 3 yard outs and 5 yard curl patterns only ?

I get that you guys like Alex, but blind homerism is pathetic. He gets ample opportunities during games to look deep. There's a reason why they call him captain checkdown. He opts for the short pass before the play even develops/

But wait, let me reply for you before you do it. Receivers dont get open.

Alexcuse number 453.
We any smith

fixed.

More Alexcuses. Ever think about EXECUTION, as in Alex trying to throw downfield. Or do you actually believe that after every opening drive, the coaches call all receivers to go for 3 yard outs and 5 yard curl patterns only ?

I get that you guys like Alex, but blind homerism is pathetic. He gets ample opportunities during games to look deep. There's a reason why they call him captain checkdown. He opts for the short pass before the play even develops/

Alexcuse number 453.

Dont argue with them.

Smith sucks if your not a blinded fan you know this. However this team as a whole sucks so its really a mute point. However I think Troyor Nate would improve our
o
Post game analysis (without the benefit of watching the film a la Singletary):

Overall we play just good enough to lose close each week. If the other team comes determined to play 60 minutes, they have a very good chance of beating the Niners who come prepared to play about 15 minutes of every game.

Our only win of the season was a fluke. Oakland didn't count on the Niners playing strong for 15 minutes.
lol, Singletary just said he still believes we can make the playoffs!!! WTF!!!!!!! IDIOT!!!!!!! They clowned on him after they played the clip. laughingstock of the nfl.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Nate Davis didn't even get claimed by any team, when we released Nate Davis nobody even sniffed him. David Carr is dreadful and not even near good enough to be in the NFL. Troy Smith is mobile, would be worth the shot. I just have zero faith in Carr and it obvious the coaches do too. Lets just give Troy Smith a try.

That makes sense. I'd actually forgotten that Nate managed to clear waivers this season. Given the dearth of competent, let alone good, QBs in the league right now, that fact is worth bearing in mind. If nothing else, I suppose we have more than enough time to give both a fair audition.

Appreciate the help, Kalen49ers.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
lol, Singletary just said he still believes we can make the playoffs!!! WTF!!!!!!! IDIOT!!!!!!! They clowned on him after they played the clip. laughingstock of the nfl.

He makesme feel embarrased(SP) to be a49ers fan when he talks
I'm just pissed that McDonald's pick 6 was for nothing now.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Nate Davis didn't even get claimed by any team, when we released Nate Davis nobody even sniffed him. David Carr is dreadful and not even near good enough to be in the NFL. Troy Smith is mobile, would be worth the shot. I just have zero faith in Carr and it obvious the coaches do too. Lets just give Troy Smith a try.

That makes sense. I'd actually forgotten that Nate managed to clear waivers this season. Given the dearth of competent, let alone good, QBs in the league right now, that fact is worth bearing in mind. If nothing else, I suppose we have more than enough time to give both a fair audition.

Singletary publicly humiliated Davis before tossing him to the PS. It's no wonder teams didn't want to take a chance.

Troy Smith was actually decent on Baltimore... Plus even if he is absolutely terrible its not like thats a downgrade from David Carr. Wonder where all the people calling for Carr the past couple weeks are at now? Obviously those people have never watched him play before and just like talking out of their ass.
We any smith

fixed.

Alexcuse number 453.

Not an excuse. it's f**king logic. the play calling was SUPERB on that first drive.

Fail by you.
Here We Go Giants, Here We Go!!!!!!

If the Giants win the World Series, my equilibrium will balance out, and I can look foward to the draft.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Sing is on crack! he still thinks we can win the division and make it to the playoffs. We lost to the Panthers and made their Rookie WR's look like Jerry Rice.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Nate Davis might not be a #1- 3 qb for a lot of teams. However, I think our current qbs would be either.

Nate Davis might be the best we got
Share 49ersWebzone